Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 27 of 138
« First < 17252627 28293777127 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
icehog3 10:13 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by junkinduck:
I gotta go to bed on that. nightmare city.
Would you prefer an evil leprachaun? :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:18 AM 01-31-2010
What does it take to be taken serious around here. I've
sent messages to Smokin Gator, posted in the newbie trade section
all to no avail. I haven't gotten any response from anyone.

Id like to get going. I have a high trader rating/great reputation
established on botl.org (under the same username)
and would like to start developing one here.

Can anyone ("Mods") help me out here?
[Reply]
Chris. 10:39 AM 01-31-2010
Elaborate please. What do you mean by taken seriously?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 AM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:

Your post was the last post on a page of 40, SG might just have missed it. I bumped it so I am sure he will get you an the waiting list.

Patience is a virtue. :-)
[Reply]
G G 10:49 AM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Oh, I got a 36 post clown for you, Don.

Pennywise the clown is the clowns clown.:-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 01:16 PM 01-31-2010
Just based on past experience, i know that there is a certain level of distrust that is inherent when a newbie wishes to engage in a trade because he/she hasn't proven themselves to be reliable as to keeping their word, following through with mailing out trades, or putting quality cigars that are even worthy of being traded.

I never made a big stink about my reputation on other boards, but its been about a week or so that i've been expressing an interest on buildingup my feedback starting w/ the newbie trade (you can't engage in any other sales or trades before you participate in this particular thread) and to date, hadn't gotten any response whatsoever, so i felt neglected, and that prompted me to post on the beginner questions thread....

Originally Posted by Chris.:
Elaborate please. What do you mean by taken seriously?

[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:04 PM 01-31-2010
My apologies brother... I simply dropped the ball on this one. It was certainly nothing to do with you. I simply didn't get you on the list when I should have. I just posted an update and you are ready to go.

[Reply]
icehog3 02:04 PM 01-31-2010
Just based on past experience, i know that there is a certain level of distrust that is inherent when a newbie wishes to engage in a trade because he/she hasn't proven themselves to be reliable as to keeping their word, following through with mailing out trades, or putting quality cigars that are even worthy of being traded.

I never made a big stink about my reputation on other boards, but its been about a week or so that i've been expressing an interest on buildingup my feedback starting w/ the newbie trade (you can't engage in any other sales or trades before you participate in this particular thread) and to date, hadn't gotten any response whatsoever, so i felt neglected, and that prompted me to post on the beginner questions thread....
As I suspected, Smokin Gator just missed your post on the NST.

As far as the "distrust" scenario, why would we have an NST, where all the 1st time traders are "Newbies", if we didn't trust newbies? :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 05:59 PM 01-31-2010
No problem brother.... Im very busy and i'm sure you are as well...

Thanks for responding in kind!

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
My apologies brother... I simply dropped the ball on this one. It was certainly nothing to do with you. I simply didn't get you on the list when I should have. I just posted an update and you are ready to go.

[Reply]
subido234 06:28 PM 01-31-2010
Originally Posted by renton20:
My understanding is that by toasting the foot it is easier to ensure an even burn throughout the cigar.
Right.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:09 AM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by subido234:
Right.
What a freaking awesome first post! Thank you for adding such great content to our forum. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:27 AM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
What a freaking awesome first post! Thank you for adding such great content to our forum. :-)
Easy there, Grasshopper. :-)
While I might agree with your assessment, his "content" could be considered on par with the "content" from others. :-)
[Reply]
Chris. 07:51 AM 02-01-2010
Peter, I agree, but his reply was to a post on the first page...
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 08:05 AM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:09 AM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
Peter, I agree, but his reply was to a post on the first page...
Let's see. Shall we dissect the quality of your posts or those of others?

All I am saying is don't be so quick to jump on anyone for an odd first post. This one had no malice, no harm, no spam. Let's wait and see. If I had to bet, I would say that this user will not turn out to be a contributing member here at CA. But let's just wait and see.

I'd be happy to discuss this further with you (or anyone else), Chris. But let's converse via PM and not clutter an otherwise useful thread.
[Reply]
Chris. 10:20 AM 02-01-2010
:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:57 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Let's see. Shall we dissect the quality of your posts or those of others?

All I am saying is don't be so quick to jump on anyone for an odd first post. This one had no malice, no harm, no spam. Let's wait and see. If I had to bet, I would say that this user will not turn out to be a contributing member here at CA. But let's just wait and see.

I'd be happy to discuss this further with you (or anyone else), Chris. But let's converse via PM and not clutter an otherwise useful thread.
Noted, thx Peter.
[Reply]
Rakshas 03:04 PM 02-01-2010
[Reply]
pnoon 03:23 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by Rakshas:
Do you have a question to ask?
[Reply]
Chris. 08:01 PM 02-01-2010