Page 27 of 45
« First < 17252627 282937 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>stirring the pot local B&M vs big internet
dunng 07:20 AM 03-16-2009
icehog3 07:46 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
dunng 07:51 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hmm... I don't remember this scene form Office Space... :-)
md4958 08:05 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Hmm... I don't remember this scene form Office Space... :-)
how do you think the horses head got into that guys bed in the Godfather??:-):-)

Legend 08:12 AM 03-16-2009
Luciuswand you demonstrated the business principle I was trying to convey better than I did. Which is why I'm not a writer I guess. While the parallel may not be exact the principle is the same (hope I used the write principle/principal there. Oh yeah the princiPAL if your friend. Well as long as you weren't bad like me). No conspiracy just business.
icehog3 08:20 AM 03-16-2009
Comparing cigar making and dress making is like comparing......well, cigar making and dress making. I understand the concept, but don't believe it applies in the cigar business. :-)

Ah, crap....I just whacked the horse again. :-)
Scottw 08:24 AM 03-16-2009
Comparing cigar making and dress making is like comparing......well, cigar making and dress making. I understand the concept, but don't believe it applies in the cigar business. :-)

:-):-):-) freekin' hilarious Tom.
taltos 08:52 AM 03-16-2009

Does this mean that all real cigar smokers (as opposed to puffers) wear dresses? This could mean that Peter is one of the few real cigar smokers here.:-)
Darrell 09:05 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
:-)
youve never apologized before, even when most people DISAGREE with you!
I'm not really sorry, I was just being cordial. :-)
borndead1 09:06 AM 03-16-2009
This thread is STILL going? :-)

I am tempted to turn it political so it gets shut down. :-)
HK3- 09:15 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
This thread is STILL going? :-)

:-) What would O'bama do? :-)
Darrell 09:16 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
:-) What would O'bama do? :-)
Their is no apostrophe in Obama, just FYI. :-)
HK3- 09:17 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Sorry. I mean Osama. :-)
Da Klugs 09:26 AM 03-16-2009
If you go back to the original post.... there could be validity in it.

Say for example a cigar Mfg like Torano who makes cigars for others is commissioned to make a "line" for one of the online guys. Figure the price may come into play there. Lesser value materials used because of the price point demanded. Always wondered what the relationship in the wholesale price was ... Labor vs material costs.

Conversely, the concept of "brand" is pretty important to most manufacturers. Their name is on the darn things. To purposely make a product that varies in quality by where you buy it does not make much sense and is hard to believe from a business owners perspective. Different cigar name band etc sure, but not the identical cigar.

Most cigars are not purchased directly from the manufacturers but through distributors. These distributors are typically the ones setting price points and determining physically which cigars go where.

Maybe the OP just prefers the flavors over humidification provides in most B&M's vs cigars from a home humidor. :-)
taltos 09:26 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Maybe there should be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xkw8ip43Vk
borndead1 09:27 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Sorry. I mean Osama. :-)

How dare you criticize The Obamessiah!
landhoney 09:40 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Now that is thinking outside the box. :-)
Legend 11:22 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Most cigars are not purchased directly from the manufacturers but through distributors. These distributors are typically the ones setting price points and determining physically which cigars go where.
:-)
This is a pretty big assumption. In talking with the owner at my lounge. He does get few from distributors but orders from the manufacturer on most. And I believe(at least it would make sense) that the big internet guys do too.
WildBlueSooner 11:27 AM 03-16-2009
Lets get back to cigars and dresses

Darrell 11:33 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
This is a pretty big assumption. In talking with the owner at my lounge. He does get few from distributors but orders from the manufacturer on most. And I believe(at least it would make sense) that the big internet guys do too.
I wish I could say you were wrong. However, working at a B&M, we order 90% off our stock straight from Avo, LFD, Tatuaje, Oliva, etc. We have a couple of big distributors we deal with i.e. General and Altadis. However, most of our stuff as I said, comes from the companies themselves.
Page 27 of 45
« First < 17252627 282937 > Last »
Up