Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 267 of 350
« First < 167217257265266267 268269277317 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 02:20 PM 06-07-2011
Just awesome, Dave! :-)

My lifting has been going great (knock on wood)....healthy, no real shoulder or elbow issues, everything is positive. Ohj, please let it last a while longer.... :-)
mosesbotbol 02:33 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
226 this morning. (From 260)

Been hitting it hard on the airdyne and keeping with the 250 push-ups a day. Been doing crunches for the abs a bit over the past month... notice a difference.

11 pounds to go.
How do you break the push up sets? 10x25? That's a lot push up's with strict form for one day. Good for you!
Da Klugs 02:37 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
How do you break the push up sets? 10x25? That's a lot push up's with strict form for one day. Good for you!
It took a few months to be able to get to 100 consecutively.

Now I'm doing:
AM - 100 ten deep breaths then 50.
PM - 100 at night.

Not so sure how strict the form is ... try to do them pretty full, bounce the chest on the floor every few.
Patrick B 07:25 PM 06-08-2011
Had my first two off days in a row this year over the weekend thanks to a busy golf schedule. Golfing in the heat is dropping some pounds off and I'm actually enjoying doing it! Hmm, maybe even more golf is needed. :-)
DBall 05:49 AM 06-09-2011
This morning thing is working out quite nicely... get to the gym around 6am and feel great for the rest of the day. Now, if I could only to bed at a normal-ish time.

BTW, squatted 245x8 on Tuesday... I think it's time to try for my goal of double my body weight for one next week (285). I'm finally getting back to where I was upper body lifting-wise before the cruise, cold and job change which made me take a month or so off... I lose it very quick, it seems...
mosesbotbol 06:10 AM 06-09-2011
Not so sure how strict the form is ... try to do them pretty full, bounce the chest on the floor every few.
A "real push up" comes from Yoga. The asana is called Chaturanga, which I think means plank in Sanskrit.

Strict push up's should really work most of the body. Many do not have the body straight as a plank with their arms totally aligned. In strict form, they are not meant to crank out 100 or speed sets. 5 seconds per push up sounds about right.

Now that obviously have the great base, you can go towards perfection and form. You'd end up dialing it back to 25-35 Chaturanga's as I think that would equal 100 "American" push up's.

Here's a couple of links. I know you'll immediately feel a huge difference in pump for your chest, arms, and core, especially the core. It's a natural progression to end up here.

http://www.myyogaonline.com/about-yo...a-so-difficult

http://www.yogabear.org/video/chaturangapush-up
Da Klugs 08:31 AM 06-09-2011
Most excellent, thank you! Remember I'm just trying to lose weight and live longer to enjoy my grandchildren, not be a beach adonis. :-)

224.0 this morning so I'm past the orignal goal of 225. Going to work to 215 and see how I feel. Figure it will take 2-4 weeks to get and stabilize there.

It's the extreme cardio and calorie reduction that is helping now. First 20 lbs were much easier than the last 16. Been trying about 1000 calories a day on the diet and taking a one a day vitamin. It's not sustainable so figure it will take longer for the last 10 lbs.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
A "real push up" comes from Yoga. The asana is called Chaturanga, which I think means plank in Sanskrit.

Strict push up's should really work most of the body. Many do not have the body straight as a plank with their arms totally aligned. In strict form, they are not meant to crank out 100 or speed sets. 5 seconds per push up sounds about right.

Now that obviously have the great base, you can go towards perfection and form. You'd end up dialing it back to 25-35 Chaturanga's as I think that would equal 100 "American" push up's.

Here's a couple of links. I know you'll immediately feel a huge difference in pump for your chest, arms, and core, especially the core. It's a natural progression to end up here.

http://www.myyogaonline.com/about-yo...a-so-difficult

http://www.yogabear.org/video/chaturangapush-up

King James 09:19 AM 06-09-2011
Most excellent, thank you! Remember I'm just trying to lose weight and live longer to enjoy my grandchildren, not be a beach adonis. :-)

224.0 this morning so I'm past the orignal goal of 225. Going to work to 215 and see how I feel. Figure it will take 2-4 weeks to get and stabilize there.

It's the extreme cardio and calorie reduction that is helping now. First 20 lbs were much easier than the last 16. Been trying about 1000 calories a day on the diet and taking a one a day vitamin. It's not sustainable so figure it will take longer for the last 10 lbs.
Great job, Dave!
icehog3 10:18 AM 06-09-2011

Originally Posted by King James:
Great job, Dave!
Another year and it will be Dave fighting the bouncers. :-)
DBall 10:38 AM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Another year and it will be Dave fighting the bouncers. :-)
If it weren't for him stepping in, it woulda been a brawl! :-)
icehog3 01:03 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
If it weren't for him stepping in, it woulda been a brawl! :-)
Yup....Friday night in jail for Jim and I. :-)
GreekGodX 01:55 PM 06-10-2011
I was doing a drop set today on the leg press and after my one ear popped as if I changed altitudes. Anyone have that happen to them before? Really weird, went away after half a minute but kinda freaked me out.
icehog3 01:59 PM 06-10-2011
I have, Christos, it's similar to what happens upon a voluminous forced exhalation, and I have never had any follow up problems.
icehog3 02:00 PM 06-10-2011
Rows are strong.....pyramided up to 6 plates and a 25 on T-bar, then Bent Over rows to 315, DB rows with the 125s, and finished with some pull ups. Back is devastated, in a good way.
GreekGodX 02:04 PM 06-10-2011
I have, Christos, it's similar to what happens upon a voluminous forced exhalation, and I have never had any follow up problems.
I figured it had to do with how much I was exerting myself. What is voluminous forced exhalation?
icehog3 02:12 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I figured it had to do with how much I was exerting myself. What is voluminous forced exhalation?
When something forces you to exhale beyond normal...a sneeze is an example, but not what I would compare to what happens in the gym to.
drob 04:40 PM 06-11-2011
Farkin' a, man! Developed some very noticeable pain in my right shoulder Thurs afternoon. It was still there Fri morning so I went to see the doc. Frickin' bicep tendinitis! No "pushin" for 2 weeks, she says. And just when I was making some real progress. Guess my back and legs are gonna get punished for awhile.

PS - picked up a Power Rack off a ebay Sunday. It arrived Thurs and is put together and waitin for some proper squats this week!
mosesbotbol 07:09 AM 06-12-2011
Rows are strong.....pyramided up to 6 plates and a 25 on T-bar, then Bent Over rows to 315, DB rows with the 125s, and finished with some pull ups. Back is devastated, in a good way.
6 plates on a t-bar row? That's impressive. I don't go beyond 2 plates with sets of 15. I usually go into them immediately after pull up's with no rest. I usually just stay with 90 lbs and go till exhaustion on the t-bar.

T-bar is overlooked back exercise and one of the best in my opinion; works well and is safe.
icehog3 08:52 AM 06-12-2011
I agree, Moses, I have used the T-Bar as one of my staples for back as far back as I can remember.
PeteSB75 08:42 AM 06-13-2011
Ok, so it's been a while since I've been to the gym. New baby will do that to you. I've started getting my sleep back in order and need to get started back on a regular schedule. I've basically been completely off lifting for 2.5 months, and the month before that was sporadic at best. Any advice for starting back in? I'm torn between easing back in with a light then medium week before hitting heavy and just going for the gusto straight off.
Page 267 of 350
« First < 167217257265266267 268269277317 > Last »
Up