Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 265 of 350
« First < 165215255263264265 266267275315 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
hammondc 08:58 PM 05-20-2011
Switched up proteins.....

I think I got sold by the chick at GNC. I have been using ON Gold Standard. She sold me on the Amplified Wheybolic Extereme 60. I am not versed in the different kinds of protein ---simple whey concentrate vs isolates and hydroisolates. However, this stuff was lower cals per scoop with close to the sam protein. Cheaper per scoop too. We'll see how it works out. I am skeptical...

She also gave me some samples of a pre-workout powder called Pump Fuel. I am incredibly skeptical of pre-workout supplements. I see them as empty cals.
Patrick B 09:48 PM 05-20-2011
Pump Fuel is nice. So is Jack3d, C4 and all the others. I cycle through 3-4 of them and they really get me fired up to tear **** up when I get to the gym. A good part of it is the caffeine, in my opinion. Don't really care, if it makes me twitch and really get after it on every set and rep, it's worth it in my book.
icehog3 11:57 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Guys, I just CAN NOT get pumped for going to the gym after sitting on my ass eating all day at work. Suggestions?
Keep your carbs low before the workout. Big carb lunches used to sap all my energy before the gym when I used to work days. I cut out most carbs before the workout, and was no longer feeling lethargic on the ride to the gym,

I like the pre-workout supplements as well...White Flood, Jack3d and 1MR seem to work best for me. I have some friends suggesting I give Hemo-Rage a shot after I finish my current tub (Jack3d).
alwayslit 12:58 AM 05-21-2011
Buddy of mine just went through a tub of hemo-rage. He liked it a lot. I'm going to give it a try since jack3d seems to be losing its effectiveness.
icehog3 01:03 AM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by alwayslit:
Buddy of mine just went through a tub of hemo-rage. He liked it a lot. I'm going to give it a try since jack3d seems to be losing its effectiveness.
That's why I try and cycle them, Jim, that seems to happen with all of them over time. A good complete cleanse from them every once in a while helps too.

Let me know how you like the Hemo when you try it.
Patrick B 11:59 AM 05-21-2011
Hemo-rage, huh? I am almost out of Jack3d as well.
icehog3 12:21 PM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Hemo-rage, huh? I am almost out of Jack3d as well.
If you try it before I do, please post a review....I am about 1/2 way through my Jack3d.
drob 03:23 PM 05-23-2011
Legs and abs today, gents. My thighs feel like they are gonna bust!

P.S., tried a Waxy Maize supp after working out today. Anyone else use this?
If so, which one and why.

I swear, the last three weeks or so I feel like I'm 40 instead of 51 -
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-whata-rushhhhh!
Patrick B 04:59 PM 05-23-2011
Awesome, Drob! I love those periods of time when you just for some damn reason feel great. I played 9 holes, hit the gym for arms, and now I'm having a post dinner Oliva V #4 - can't beat that day with a stick!

No experience with the Waxy Maize...
DBall 07:53 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Quit being a fatass and go. Those are the best workouts.
Fatass! Hahaha... I'm a buck forty soaking wet! :-)

I decided I'd wake up a bit earlier 2 mornings a week and go before work, then I can got at any point on saturday to hit my 3/week. Today I was there at 6am. I dig it.
GreekGodX 05:30 AM 05-25-2011
So yesterday at the gym it was leg day. I get done with my workout and one of the trainers brings out the sled and asked if I wanted to join. So of course I did and after I could barely move. Then I did a couple sets of straight leg deadlifts to stretch out my legs.
sofaman 06:34 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Keep your carbs low before the workout. Big carb lunches used to sap all my energy before the gym when I used to work days. I cut out most carbs before the workout, and was no longer feeling lethargic on the ride to the gym,

I like the pre-workout supplements as well...White Flood, Jack3d and 1MR seem to work best for me. I have some friends suggesting I give Hemo-Rage a shot after I finish my current tub (Jack3d).
I cycle between 1MR,Nano Vapor, and Hemo Rage. Nano Vapor is the best in my opinion but it packs 210 cals but Hemo Rage is a close 2nd with only 42 cals:-)
kaisersozei 09:32 AM 05-25-2011
That's why I try and cycle them, Jim, that seems to happen with all of them over time. A good complete cleanse from them every once in a while helps too.

Let me know how you like the Hemo when you try it.
Originally Posted by sofaman:
I cycle between 1MR,Nano Vapor, and Hemo Rage. Nano Vapor is the best in my opinion but it packs 210 cals but Hemo Rage is a close 2nd with only 42 cals:-)
I had been using NO Xplode for a couple years and really liked it. I tried Jack3d and it just made my ears itch. Seriously. I couldn't get past that so after 2 weeks, I went looking for something else. Found Body Rush by Force Factor. Been using it for a month now, it's great stuff, I just take 1 scoop. And only 5g carb/20cal.

My stepson changed from Jack3d and started using MusclePharm's Assault, he loves it.

We also cycle off for a month every 3-4 months or so. That purge seems to help.
hscmit 11:40 AM 05-25-2011
I have tried to use several of these supplements and they have all made me feel like my heart was going to explode, is this just me?
Patrick B 12:18 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
I have tried to use several of these supplements and they have all made me feel like my heart was going to explode, is this just me?
Nope, some kid at my gym took one for the first time, puked his guts out, and went home without working out. :-)
icehog3 02:23 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
That is why I try them all, and go with the recommended dose the first time. Seems they have different effects on different people, maybe body chemistry, caffeine tolerance, and other factors are involved?

There used to be a product (it might still be around, but with different ingredients) called Agent Orange....megadose of ephedra in every scoop. I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest the first time.
mosesbotbol 05:04 AM 05-26-2011
There used to be a product (it might still be around, but with different ingredients) called Agent Orange....megadose of ephedra in every scoop. I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest the first time.
I did not like that stuff at all or any ephedra products. Could never understand the draw of feeling flushed and lightheaded before working out.
icehog3 09:01 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I did not like that stuff at all or any ephedra products. Could never understand the draw of feeling flushed and lightheaded before working out.
They were dangerous, Moses, and I was oblivious to the danger as I continued to use ephedra products before hockey games for several years. Definitely caused some permanent damage to my heart, I am just hoping that I quit early enough (years ago) that the consequences will be minimal.
mosesbotbol 10:06 AM 05-26-2011
They were dangerous, Moses, and I was oblivious to the danger as I continued to use ephedra products before hockey games for several years.
Wow, you're nuts. I couldn't make one workout on the stuff and swore it off. Same for GHB. Great for acting like dopey fool on Saturday night, but never saw the draw. Was it really effective?
icehog3 01:23 PM 05-26-2011
It was effective for hockey, Moses, but at the price I paid ultimately, certainly not worth the boost.
Page 265 of 350
« First < 165215255263264265 266267275315 > Last »
Up