Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 262 of 350
« First < 162212252260261262 263264272312 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
PeteSB75 10:57 AM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I'm working on rolling out my calves and loosening them up. I'd do regular squats if they did any good. With my awesome form they are basically a good morning/squat hybrid, and I don't think it's good for my back or my legs to do them that way. I do plenty of deads so stick it up your ass, pussbag! :-) Ha Ha, all in good fun...

Might take a day off tomorrow. It's been 5 or 6 days straight with my current 4 day split of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs. Also thinking of going to a 5 day, maybe chest, back/calves, shoulders, bi's/tri's, legs. I'm REALLY focused right now on hitting it hard, eating a ton of protein, and getting bigger. Thoughts?
so just curious, how are you able to dead, but not squat? Unless you are doing stiff-legged deads, you should be getting as low or lower at the beginning and end of a dead as you do at the middle of a squat. Once you start doing squats and doing them properly, they will stretch all the necessary muscles out through the warm-up sets.

Anyway, last week was deloading for me, chest/arms Tues, Legs on Thurs and shoulders/back on Fri, with spin yesterday and today. off tomorrow, then will be a heavy week, unless the baby decides to show up, in which case I will be doing my best just to get there :-)
kjd2121 11:17 AM 04-03-2011
I'm working on rolling out my calves and loosening them up. I'd do regular squats if they did any good. With my awesome form they are basically a good morning/squat hybrid, and I don't think it's good for my back or my legs to do them that way. I do plenty of deads so stick it up your ass, pussbag! :-) Ha Ha, all in good fun...

Might take a day off tomorrow. It's been 5 or 6 days straight with my current 4 day split of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs. Also thinking of going to a 5 day, maybe chest, back/calves, shoulders, bi's/tri's, legs. I'm REALLY focused right now on hitting it hard, eating a ton of protein, and getting bigger. Thoughts?
Just be sure you are not overtraining. You need to recover or you wont gain at all. Less is more.
Patrick B 11:17 AM 04-03-2011
I don't know, Pete. I'll get some videos and we can all take a look. I guess that's the only way to know for sure. I can tell you my deadlift form feels solid, but my squat feels awful, like I am about to fall over on my face. I'll get a buddy to record me.
Fordman4ever 07:49 PM 04-04-2011
Anybody here ever use Edge? Its made by a company called element nutrition. I just started it and wanted to know how others are cycling it.
PeteSB75 12:09 PM 04-05-2011
I don't know, Pete. I'll get some videos and we can all take a look. I guess that's the only way to know for sure. I can tell you my deadlift form feels solid, but my squat feels awful, like I am about to fall over on my face. I'll get a buddy to record me.
Interesting. You're likely letting your knees too far forward as you go down. They should never pass a line drawn up from your toes. Instead, you should be sticking your a$$ out more. Can be a tough form to learn, especially without a good coach, and I don't know the best way to explain it other than to tell you to read Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore. They explain it far better than I ever could, and in far more detail. I am not using my copy currently, so if you want to send me your addy, I can send it off to you.

Heavy chest/arms for me this morning, flat bench(205x5x3), incline bench(185x5x3), bar curls and cable bar pulldowns.
Fordman4ever 12:31 PM 04-05-2011
Put up 260 on the flat bench today. Most I've ever put up. Hopefully i'll be up to 300 soon.
Pass 01:23 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Put up 260 on the flat bench today. Most I've ever put up. Hopefully i'll be up to 300 soon.
Grats dude! I finally got to 260 for 4 reps this last week as well... Working my way up to 315, but I keep hanging on 290 1RM. It's gonna be a long road!
Fordman4ever 01:51 PM 04-05-2011
One thing that helped me get my max up was changing to a 3 set 15 rep work out.
I stick with my regular work out for about 2-3 months then do 2 weeks of the "3 set 15 rep for everything" workout.
DBall 02:55 PM 04-05-2011
Man... ya lose it so quick... between the new job (new hours) and being sick more often than not in the past month, I've been to the gym a total of maybe 5 times... much different than the typical 3x per week religiously. I feel like I'm starting over again. What's worse, though, is I have ZERO desire to go after work. Bah.
King James 04:59 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Man... ya lose it so quick... between the new job (new hours) and being sick more often than not in the past month, I've been to the gym a total of maybe 5 times... much different than the typical 3x per week religiously. I feel like I'm starting over again. What's worse, though, is I have ZERO desire to go after work. Bah.
you will catch back up quicker than you think
Brutus2600 06:22 PM 04-05-2011
I was surprised how quickly things are progressing for me after two years of not going to the gym.

A month of taking it easy is nothing, you got this :-)

I do know what you mean though, every time I stopped going to the gym it was because I got sick and stopped going for a couple of weeks and never started again.

My willpower is pretty awful sometimes :-)
BigFrank 05:33 PM 04-06-2011
Sorry havent been posting that much brothers. Life has dealt me a very ugly hand and I'm not good with cards. When I get my life put back together I'll try and post more.
hscmit 08:18 PM 04-06-2011
hope things get back on track soon bigfrank
icehog3 11:05 PM 04-06-2011
Saying a prayer for you Frank.
Brutus2600 11:25 PM 04-06-2011
Prayers sent your way Frank!
Patrick B 05:35 AM 04-18-2011
Well I can't seem to convert a video taken with my phone to something I can post here, but after seeing myself in action and having a few knowledgeable people at the gym take a look I am declaring my squat technique good to go. It's much better than I thought. My back is in a good position and I'm only an inch or two from getting to parallel. Doing them the regular way has made me get my lifting belt back out, it just feels safer that way. Legs today so I'm heading to sleep so I can go hard this afternoon.

Overall I'm making some good strides. My strength and BMI readings are both heading in the right direction!
GreekGodX 07:02 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Sorry havent been posting that much brothers. Life has dealt me a very ugly hand and I'm not good with cards. When I get my life put back together I'll try and post more.
Prayers on the way Frank!

Speaking of squats.. I've always had a problem with my right side initiating the lift. Trying to fix this is proving to be difficult
mosesbotbol 07:23 AM 04-18-2011
Anyone take B12 shots?
hscmit 08:07 PM 04-18-2011
chest to failure and arms today

my last set of chest had a weird pop in my shoulder, didnt hurt but felt weird as hell
Fordman4ever 08:14 PM 04-18-2011
Back workout today. Lots of pull-ups, rows, lat pull downs, and more pull-ups.
I'm starting to be able to do pull-ups very slowly and deliberately with full ROM.
Page 262 of 350
« First < 162212252260261262 263264272312 > Last »
Up