dumbbell presses
flys
reverse pecdeck

Tri's
frenchpress
close grip bench
one arms cable pull downs
rgrecco 01:25 PM 03-30-2011
I am hopeing someone in here can help me put a workout program together??? I am 6'1'' 225#'s Average Build...

I am looking to loose some fat and bulk up... Because of my profession I am not looking to be under 200#'s... But if I can loose the fat and build the muscle I would be thrilled...

I also need to work on Cardio Endurance...

I really wanna do this but i currently just lack the motovation... I hate going to the gym because I DON"T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING... I need to go there with a set schedule and know what I have to do and get done...

I am a member of American Family Fitness... If you know the place its HUGE... 3 pools, Racket Ball Courts, Full size basket ball court, all the equipment in the world, and many classes (i am not into taking classes)...

Hope someone can help me out...

RON
icehog3 01:37 PM 03-30-2011
Ron, probably be a lot easier to have a trainer or someone in your area show you how to use the equipment and set up a program....tough to do over the net.

I do think you will have to concentrate on the cardio and diet at the beginning, tough to lose fat without a combination of both. You can put on some muscle and lose fat at the same time, but the fat loss should be the focus at first.
bonjing 11:19 AM 03-31-2011
Great, so about a week ago I get this numbing/pinching sensation going down my right arm, found out last night I have a pinched nerve in my neck that's causing this. Dr. said to cut back on the lifting as it may cause aggravation to the nerve and just focus on the cardio.

Bleh.

And to top it all off all I got was 800mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day to help with the inflammation.
Lear31MX 11:21 AM 03-31-2011
Morning Guys, I look around this thread from time to time but never post in it so here I go. Any of you ever use those chains that go on the bench press bar. I tried it for the first time this morning and was not that impressed. just wondering if any one uses them on a reagular baises and have good results?
Chainsaw13 11:41 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Great, so about a week ago I get this numbing/pinching sensation going down my right arm, found out last night I have a pinched nerve in my neck that's causing this. Dr. said to cut back on the lifting as it may cause aggravation to the nerve and just focus on the cardio.

Bleh.

And to top it all off all I got was 800mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day to help with the inflammation.
Use a hot compress on your neck for 10-15 a couple times a day to help loosen up the muscles in that area. Also if it doesn't hurt too much, do some neck stretches. As far as you can rotate, turn your head to the left and hold for 30 seconds. Do the same to the right and repeat 5 times. Another one to try is tilt your head to the left and right, like youre trying touch your ear to your shoulder. Again hold for 30 seconds each time.

This helped me get through three herniated discs and pinched nerves last year.
mosesbotbol 12:09 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ron, probably be a lot easier to have a trainer or someone in your area show you how to use the equipment and set up a program....tough to do over the net.
:-)
icehog3 02:06 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Lear31MX:
Morning Guys, I look around this thread from time to time but never post in it so here I go. Any of you ever use those chains that go on the bench press bar. I tried it for the first time this morning and was not that impressed. just wondering if any one uses them on a reagular baises and have good results?
Big Frank may use a reasonable facsimile, he would be the one here to ask. :-)
bonjing 02:15 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Use a hot compress on your neck for 10-15 a couple times a day to help loosen up the muscles in that area. Also if it doesn't hurt too much, do some neck stretches. As far as you can rotate, turn your head to the left and hold for 30 seconds. Do the same to the right and repeat 5 times. Another one to try is tilt your head to the left and right, like youre trying touch your ear to your shoulder. Again hold for 30 seconds each time.

This helped me get through three herniated discs and pinched nerves last year.
Thanks for the tip! :-)
kjd2121 03:06 PM 03-31-2011
Yesterday I hit my legs:

Squats -
185x6
225x6
255x6
285x4
315x6-2-2-2 -total of 12 with 1 min rest between last clusters

Seated Calf Press -
365x6
415x6
465x6
515x6
565x6
645x6-2-2-2 -total of 12 with 1 min rest between last clusters

Rack Pulls -
135x6
225x6
275x6
315x5
350x6

Will be super sore tomorrow, but this happens weekly.
bonjing 09:02 AM 04-01-2011
A little bicep and back this morning.
Fordman4ever 09:06 AM 04-01-2011
Arm day today. Biceps are super sore already.
GreekGodX 09:29 AM 04-01-2011
I have before and I wish I still had chains to use. I relally like using them as it is a way to add resistance to the concentric part of your lift. I'm just confused as to what you were expecting from using the chains?
Lear31MX 10:36 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I have before and I wish I still had chains to use. I relally like using them as it is a way to add resistance to the concentric part of your lift. I'm just confused as to what you were expecting from using the chains?
I guess I wasn't expecting much, my thinking was on the way down it would get lighter and on the way up it would get harder. I really didn't feel a big diff. I was wondering the if it was something that had better results over long term or it was just adding a new element to the work out. I don't know I'll just add more weight to the bar :-)
Patrick B 11:32 AM 04-01-2011
Legs in an hour. Still loving the smith machine squats. I've never been able to do a decent looking regular squat. I have super tight calves that don't allow me to go down very far unless I use the smith machine so I can throw my feet forward a tad. I'm not overly concerned about doing regular squats, should I be for better growth?
GreekGodX 11:50 AM 04-01-2011
I guess I wasn't expecting much, my thinking was on the way down it would get lighter and on the way up it would get harder. I really didn't feel a big diff. I was wondering the if it was something that had better results over long term or it was just adding a new element to the work out. I don't know I'll just add more weight to the bar :-)
Maybe you weren't using big enough chains? The point is to help with your lockouts and it works your triceps more. IMO chains and bands can definitely help make improvements. You just need to use them in the right ways in addition to your training.
Lear31MX 12:02 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Maybe you weren't using big enough chains? The point is to help with your lockouts and it works your triceps more. IMO chains and bands can definitely help make improvements. You just need to use them in the right ways in addition to your training.
Cool thanks, the chains at my gym are maybe 10 lbs each, didn't know it would help with the lock out, and who doesn't want bigger triceps:-)
kjd2121 06:39 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Legs in an hour. Still loving the smith machine squats. I've never been able to do a decent looking regular squat. I have super tight calves that don't allow me to go down very far unless I use the smith machine so I can throw my feet forward a tad. I'm not overly concerned about doing regular squats, should I be for better growth?
Doing regular squats will recruit more of your CNS(central nervous system) which in turn will tell you whole body to grow. You will also be using more hammies and glutes if doing low bar back squats. The Smith will use more of your quads when throwing your legs out.

I love low bar back squats - develops the whole back chain. Smith will isolate more. Also, the Smith is for pussies :-)

Check out Mark Rippetoe on youtube for more info.
Patrick B 08:45 PM 04-01-2011
I'm working on rolling out my calves and loosening them up. I'd do regular squats if they did any good. With my awesome form they are basically a good morning/squat hybrid, and I don't think it's good for my back or my legs to do them that way. I do plenty of deads so stick it up your ass, pussbag! :-) Ha Ha, all in good fun...

Might take a day off tomorrow. It's been 5 or 6 days straight with my current 4 day split of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs. Also thinking of going to a 5 day, maybe chest, back/calves, shoulders, bi's/tri's, legs. I'm REALLY focused right now on hitting it hard, eating a ton of protein, and getting bigger. Thoughts?
Page 261 of 350
« First < 161211251259260261 262263271311 > Last »
Up