[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 12:37 PM 01-20-2009
I'm very unhappy.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:30 PM 01-20-2009
Why? :-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:20 AM 01-21-2009
there's don, always good for a laugh. Actually the footballing world had nothing to do with my happiness the other day. Stupid work stuff/stupid wedding/housebuying/dog shitting in my house stuff. we all have those days. It also might have something to do with the fact that no one but aldukes came up with a guess for my teams season, and that bastage said we'd allow 27 goals.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:41 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
there's don, always good for a laugh. Actually the footballing world had nothing to do with my happiness the other day.
sorry, my bad. I thought you were referring to the number 2 of England :-)

Originally Posted by :
Stupid work stuff/stupid wedding/housebuying/dog shitting in my house stuff. we all have those days. It also might have something to do with the fact that no one but aldukes came up with a guess for my teams season, and that bastage said we'd allow 27 goals.
I missed that, I will check it tonight when I get home.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 04:21 PM 01-21-2009
******A contest A contest A khaaaaantest************************
thank you james tiberius.and Aldukey for such an Idea

So my team has started their practizin' for the up and coming season. 10 games, Win loose or draw in these matches. Looks like we're going to have a pretty decent squad. I've never played with any of these people before, and in a brand new division, with teams I've never played against. For a 5er of stogies, What will our record be? 1-8-1?
for the first tie breaker how many goals will I score? 0? 1? 5?* for the second tie breaker how many goals will my defense allow all season?

*the past 2 seasons I've been more like Jamie carragher (NO, NOT AGAINST SPURS) than Vidic, but scored twice in 2 seasons, a 25 yard volley, and a header off a corner. (If I score 10 goals this season, city will offer me 100 million)
I'm going with 3-4-3, You'll score 2 and allow 20. Questions: what division are you playing in and who (if anyone) is your team sponsor?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:16 AM 01-22-2009
I am going with 5-3-2 you will score twice and your defence will allow 11 goals.
[Reply]
Jason 11:37 AM 01-22-2009
I know nothing of your league or Team Pittman but I'ma go with the classic 4-4-2 setup, a bit of a drought for you I'm afraid at 0 goals and your defense will allow an average of 1 per game so, 10.

I hope you fare better and enjoy yourself
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 01:45 PM 01-22-2009
Ok I re-read my post and I apologize for sounding like a whiny child. *no body is paying attention to me!* haha
http://hasl.org/ click divisons and on the far left scroll down to divison IV... thats us the misfits.

Joe, we currently have no sponsor, but will try to locate one next season. why?

Jason, your confidence in my goal scoring abilities is outstanding... however it would seem to be practical as the "goalie" has yet to show for a practice, so i've been relegated to keeper instead of centerback.
[Reply]
Lumpold 02:48 PM 01-22-2009
Sunday League contest entry follows:

The Misfits PL10 W3 L1 D6 GD+4
Daniel 'Jaime' Boone's season was highlighted by his only goal of the season, a sublime header from an inswinging corner, scoring the winning goal in a nail biting 4-3 victory over Arsenal.*

*Edited to contain a team in your league, and seeing as they were, do the gooner bastards for me, son!
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 07:33 AM 01-23-2009
lump, I'll do my damnedest. One of the boys on my squad is a monster Arsenal fan, and has already put several pints on the match. goals allowed?
[Reply]
Jason 12:07 PM 01-23-2009
lump, I'll do my damnedest. One of the boys on my squad is a monster Arsenal fan, and has already put several pints on the match. goals allowed?
this is adult amateur soccer man, I know the drill! You scored 2-3 last season (if my random fact recollector is not broken)? You'll definitely be moved further back and then follows this, the drought, inevitable! Sorry, don't shoot the messenger.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 07:26 PM 01-23-2009
Ok I re-read my post and I apologize for sounding like a whiny child. *no body is paying attention to me!* haha
http://hasl.org/ click divisons and on the far left scroll down to divison IV... thats us the misfits.

Joe, we currently have no sponsor, but will try to locate one next season. why?

Jason, your confidence in my goal scoring abilities is outstanding... however it would seem to be practical as the "goalie" has yet to show for a practice, so i've been relegated to keeper instead of centerback.
The sponsor matters. Look at what happened last year when you were sponsored by or carpet company or whatever it was. Also knowing that you play in D4, I am switching my pick to 4-3-3 you still score 2 and will give up 19.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 09:53 PM 01-23-2009
Thanks for the confidence.... I've spent the entire winter working on my set peice shots.
[Reply]
Jason 10:40 PM 01-23-2009
Thanks for the confidence.... I've spent the entire winter working on my set peice shots.
I expect GOALS! Golden Ballllls II
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:34 AM 01-24-2009
I'll see what I can do about video evidence... ;-)

:-( fowler probably moving to Australia to play football.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 03:41 PM 01-25-2009
Did anyone get to watch the Liverpool - Everton draw today? By watching the gamecast and reading the report, it sounded like Liverpool started out slow once again and after Gerrard hit the equalizer, Everton really packed in the defense. I expect the replay next week to be equally close. For the 5th round draw, the winner should be getting Villa so long as they can win their replay with Doncaster next week. Not going to be an easy road for the Cup for Liverpool at all.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:19 PM 01-25-2009
Joey, from a truly unbiased view. Liverpool dominated 88 minutes out of the game. Honestly, everton may have had a 3-4 minute spell of possession. here's a hint rafa.. MARK CAHILL!. Steven's finish was sublime, even if it was for a bit of timmy howards not getting down fast enough, but torres' ball through to him was even better. howard made up for it though about 5 minutes after the goal when he stopped a Gerrard special, half volley from about 8 yards. Liverpool dominated, but it only takes a moment. Marking tim Cahill would have been the difference. I want Robbie Keane to get some action. I love Dirk Kuyt, but the guy's just not cutting it EVERY WEEK.

(edited to say) he'll go a while and then pop up to score, I dunno, the winner next derby)
[Reply]
Jason 11:01 PM 01-25-2009
...here's a hint rafa.. MARK CAHILL!

I love Dirk Kuyt, but the guy's just not cutting it EVERY WEEK...
Rafa couldn't mark his undies, much less Cahill :-)

Kuyt's integral to Liverpool being able to do how they do I think, he's tireless and dogged, goals from him I think would be considered as incidental gravy

In other news Milan stomped the hell out of Bologna today and goldenballs I gets his first goal after his third game (and managed to NOT give up the ball 15 times). Kaka's got 2. Marco Di Vaio is still top class and the only Bologna player to impress.

Still giddy and hungover from Inter's destruction at the hands of Atalanta last week I barely cared that they eaked out 3 points today, they're not convincing me that the scudetto is theirs. They may be finished riding the wave of relegated and points-docked competition
[Reply]
Page 26 of 53
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Up