Page 26 of 27
« First < 16242526 27 >
Entertainment>LOST Notes
Brutus2600 11:24 AM 05-24-2010
Haha! yeah, the Target ads were genius
[Reply]
weak_link 11:29 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
So, I have never seen an issue of Lost, what did I miss?
Tons of super hot chicks with their headlights on.
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:47 AM 05-24-2010
:-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 12:29 PM 05-24-2010
For me it was a satisfying ending to the series. Very well done!
[Reply]
JE3146 01:03 PM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder how Jacob got off the Island all the time....
That's the point. It doesn't.

I'd of liked a few things explained.

The numbers for example.

Walt and why was he so special to the island, then he disappeared.

Why the F do people die when the Vincent is in an episode. :-) to the grim reaper comment above.

Overall there was enough explained that I was able to take away a satisfying conclusion to the show.

And Ben's comment was pretty valuable in explaining Jacob, "That was how Jacob ran things..." in regard to sending Desmond home.

Honestly I don't think Jacob was a 'good' person.

Also don't forget the idea of time and how the island bent time.
[Reply]
DMK 01:54 PM 05-24-2010
I'm just 'SO' glad they 'lost' me after the first couple of shows.....
[Reply]
Tripp 02:17 PM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
The numbers for example.
The numbers were explained in the ARG after Season 3(I think) to some degree.

The numbers are the variables to the Valenzetti Equation, which predicts the end of the human race(they think). Sometime before the Dharma Initiative arrived on the Island, it was discovered that the numbers each represent a human or environmental variable in the equation. At some point, the Hanso Foundation, and Dharma Initiative discovered the island, and thought that the properties of equation, the Numbers, could be impacted by the properties of the island. This is actually why the Dharma stations were created. It's thought that each station corresponds with a number, and for some reason could change the number it corresponds with, though no one knows which numbers correspond with each station.

More info on the numbers can be found here(P.S. Don't fall in):-)
[Reply]
JE3146 02:37 PM 05-24-2010
Was just talking this over with Tripp in IRC.

Expanding on the idea of Jacob's rules.

In order to protect the island from outsiders, I'm wondering if Jacob stopped all childbirths from evil intentioned outsiders to stop the questioning that would be created by having a child exist on an island with no awareness of what existed outside the island, much like the man in black.

A person with that questioning wants to leave the island and someone wanting to leave and be found by an existence outside the island could lead people back to the island.

Anyone who wants to be found cannot leave under Jacob's rules.

There's a few exceptions to this... and a number of what if's regarding the others and the dharma initiative.. etc.

Going to have to obviously watch this whole thing once more through to get a real idea.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:43 PM 05-24-2010
I decided to read through the last couple weeks of this thread on a lark....I am kinda glad I never started watching this show. :-)
[Reply]
Eleven 02:46 PM 05-24-2010
I think I may go back and watch them all again too.

Did that with BSG, first season of 24, Entourage, and of course, all Star Trek TV series'.
[Reply]
weak_link 02:52 PM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I decided to read through the last couple weeks of this thread on a lark....I am kinda glad I never started watching this show. :-)
Apparently you missed this post:

Originally Posted by weak_link:
Tons of super hot chicks with their headlights on.
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:55 PM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by weak_link:
Apparently you missed this post:

:-) :-) :-)
Thanks Eric, but I can get that anywhere on the net, without having to invest dozens hours into the rest of the drama. :-)
[Reply]
rack04 03:18 PM 05-24-2010
Thanks Eric, but I can get that anywhere on the net, without having to invest dozens hours into the rest of the drama. :-)
Or just continue to watch Rescue Me.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:24 PM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by rack04:
Or just continue to watch Rescue Me.
That one I do watch. :-)
[Reply]
tomc3084 07:00 PM 05-24-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=wSdv...eature=related
I confused , that was a darma initiative video, am i missing something
[Reply]
Blueface 07:21 PM 05-24-2010
Me too.
I too was "Lost" from the word go.
[Reply]
JE3146 07:57 PM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by tomc3084:
I confused , that was a darma initiative video, am i missing something
:-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:04 PM 05-24-2010
I went from :-) to :-) to :-) :-) within the past 24 hours.

After re-watching the episode tonight after work and thinking about it all day, it was a great series finale. I was too hung up on the "What about the food drops? Dharma initiative? Island secrets??" and completely forgot about the absolutely fantastic story I've been able to enjoy for 6 years. Yes, the writers didn't answer all the questions, but I think everyone realized about 3-4 episodes into this season that it wasn't going to happen.

If you didn't like the finale, go back and watch the last 15 minutes with an open mind. I got hooked on Lost because of the mysteries of the island, but I stayed tune for 6 years because of the story and character development. "Whatever happened, happened" :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:11 PM 05-24-2010
"The End" Is Open For Interpretation, Which Is exactly What The The writers wanted. Overall A Good, Entertaining Show, IMO!:-)
[Reply]
drevim 03:53 AM 05-25-2010
I didn't see Michael and Walt in that room either. I didn't see Charle's Widmore either, so I'm hoping neither of them will show up in a repeat viewing and blow my idea to hell, which is entirely possible.

It was explained that Michael was one of the "whisper people" left on the island for eternity. Walt, uh, he just got too old to be cute anymore, and was written off the show, I got nothing for him.

This is one of the things that I found most interesting about the show. I started watching the 4th season, so I watched the first 3 seasons, back to back on DVD. It seemed to me that the writing completely shifted gears in the 3rd season, and the focus of the show changed. Maybe this was when they decided how the show would run to the end. We get 2 full seasons of the Others being this all important, badass group, then they get killed off and the focus shifts for the next 3+ seasons.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 27
« First < 16242526 27 >
Up