Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 38
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
CigarSquid 08:12 AM 10-06-2012
Opening on the road, don't agree with that. Just means the A's need to stomp there in Detroit and finish at home for the fans.
icehog3 10:18 AM 10-06-2012
Even though I am a Tigers fan, I disagree with the league having the higher seeded teams start on the road. Gives the underdog team a better chance to take a 2-0 lead to the favorite's barn.

Which is exactly what I hope the Tigers do to the A's.
mahtofire14 11:18 AM 10-06-2012
I don't like it either. I don't particularly agree with the new wild card set up. I think Atlanta got screwed last night. Yeah they lost the game, but they had a much better season than St Louis and now they're out after one game. Tough ending a whole season on one game. Just my two cents. My Twins weren't anywhere near the whole thing so what difference does it make?:-)
Ahbroody 11:21 AM 10-06-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Even though I am a Tigers fan, I disagree with the league having the higher seeded teams start on the road. Gives the underdog team a better chance to take a 2-0 lead to the favorite's barn.

Which is exactly what I hope the Tigers do to the A's.
Underdog? Most I have seen don't think the Tigers are the underdog. How can a team composed of a large number of AAA ball players at season start and the lowest salary in the major leagues be the favorite? For a large number of these kids its there first year and first post season experience. I have heard many think they may fold if they go down 0-1. Which is a very strong possibility. Is Tiger media trying to play the underdog card?
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:29 AM 10-06-2012
Interesting wild card games. I'm liking the A's or O's to advance and the Cards or Giants for the NL.
icehog3 11:37 AM 10-06-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Underdog? Most I have seen don't think the Tigers are the underdog. How can a team composed of a large number of AAA ball players at season start and the lowest salary in the major leagues be the favorite? For a large number of these kids its there first year and first post season experience. I have heard many think they may fold if they go down 0-1. Which is a very strong possibility. Is Tiger media trying to play the underdog card?
I'm in Chicago, so I don't know, Mike.

I based favorite on better record overall, better record in September, better record in close games. I guess I should have said "lower seeded" rather than favorite. Let's Go Red Wings! :-)
kelmac07 12:43 PM 10-06-2012
In guessing Tigers vs Nationals World Series. :-)

Anyone but the Yankees & Giants. :-)
shilala 01:10 PM 10-06-2012
I'm pulling for the Tigers, but I think the A's have the edge across the board.
If the Tigers play like they should, it's no contest. They haven't all year.
The A's have just been solid. If they don't know they can lose, they're going to give the Tigers big trouble. If the Tigers go to the bullpen early, I'll be scared to death, and the A's have hit Tigers pitching well this year.
I honestly think that whichever team takes this evening's game will take the series, and pretty handily at that.

If I was betting, I'd say New York vs. San Fran, New York in 5 games.
And that'd suck. Ass.
The Poet 01:48 PM 10-06-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Interesting wild card games. I'm liking the A's or O's to advance and the Cards or Giants for the NL.
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
In guessing Tigers vs Nationals World Series. :-)

Anyone but the Yankees & Giants. :-)

Which is basically indicative of what p!$$es me off so much here. Seems like it's OK for people to be fans of any team they wish, as long as they hate the Yankees. It's BS, of the first filthy water.

Yeah, Mac, I know you're just "yankin' " the chain, but too many are serious about that. I'm totally sick of it, and am NOT gonna take it anymore. :-) :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:53 PM 10-06-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Which is basically indicative of what p!$$es me off so much here. Seems like it's OK for people to be fans of any team they wish, as long as they hate the Yankees. It's BS, of the first filthy water.

Yeah, Mac, I know you're just "yankin' " the chain, but too many are serious about that. I'm totally sick of it, and am NOT gonna take it anymore. :-) :-)
you forgot to quote Scott:-)
icehog3 02:17 PM 10-06-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm pulling for the Tigers, but I think the A's have the edge across the board.
If the Tigers play like they should, it's no contest. They haven't all year.
True dat.

If the Tigers go to the bullpen early, I'll be scared to death,
Yup.

and the A's have hit Tigers pitching well this year.
I honestly think that whichever team takes this evening's game will take the series, and pretty handily at that.
Could be right as well, Scott.

Why do you take it so personally? If someone hates the Tigers, The Blackhawks, The Gators, it's no affront to me personally. Have a cigar and chill out, Brother.
CigarSquid 02:23 PM 10-06-2012
Go A's! That's all I have to say for now.
icehog3 02:24 PM 10-06-2012
kelmac07 02:25 PM 10-06-2012
Tom...you really need to find a new picture. :-)
CigarSquid 02:28 PM 10-06-2012
Yes, something more like this....

icehog3 02:32 PM 10-06-2012
CigarSquid 02:33 PM 10-06-2012
That picture may be worse.. It has Young in there!
icehog3 02:35 PM 10-06-2012
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
That picture may be worse.. It has Young in there!
CigarSquid 02:42 PM 10-06-2012
How about the guy in the middle of that pile.. You recognize him?

Or doing the................
Loon 02:44 PM 10-06-2012

Page 26 of 38
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Up