Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 104
« First < 16242526 27283676 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 10:07 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Rookie of the Year candidate Kris Versteeg beats Rookie of the Year candidate Mason with the game's only goal at 3:10 of Overtime.
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:34 PM 04-05-2009
This says it all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYWsZh-zjE
jamesb3 11:34 PM 04-05-2009
Gonna be a great finish in the West. Just a crazy amount of teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots.

Red Wings finally pulled their heads out of there butts today against the Wild. Sure hope Ozzie gets it together for the playoffs thou. Little shaky today at times.
JaKaacH 11:39 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Gonna be a great finish in the West. Just a crazy amount of teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots.

Red Wings finally pulled their heads out of there butts today against the Wild. Sure hope Ozzie gets it together for the playoffs thou. Little shaky today at times.
Poor Niklas Backstrom, kept the Wild in the game until what the last 50 seconds...:-)

GOOooooo

whoever is playing the wings...:-)
jamesb3 09:41 PM 04-06-2009
Red Wings win again. Ozzie looked pretty solid. Nice effort tonight against a desperate team.
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:24 PM 04-07-2009
Hawks at Predators tonight at 7:-)
Waynegro1 06:35 PM 04-07-2009
Blues vs Phoenix @ 9. This is going to be a rough one. Watching the Dallas/Minnesota game right now.
SmokeyJoe 08:49 PM 04-07-2009
Did you see the Hurricanes score?

They beat down the NY Islanders... 9 - 0

1.) Cam Ward got the shut-out
2.) Ward set a franchise record with 39 wins
3.) Eric Staal got a hat trick
4.) NYI only got 12 shots off
5.) 'Canes have a 12 game winning streak intact.

I like how they are handling their business going into the playoffs...
:-)
icehog3 10:18 PM 04-07-2009
Hawks got their 4th in a row, a convincing 4-2 win in Nashville. Looks like home ice for Round 1. :-)
Waynegro1 10:40 PM 04-07-2009
Congrats, Joe on the 'Canes win
Congrats, Tom on the Hawks win
Blues win 5-1 vs the Coyotes

All in all a good evening for all three of us. :-)
SmokeyJoe 10:43 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Congrats, Joe on the 'Canes win
Congrats, Tom on the Hawks win
Blues win 5-1 vs the Coyotes

All in all a good evening for all three of us. :-)
Very nice... sounds like our teams are getting the right mind-set for the playoffs!

Don't know if my 'Canes can become a serious threat for the Cup... but they will not be a pushover or an easy out. :-)
Waynegro1 10:47 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Very nice... sounds like our teams are getting the right mind-set for the playoffs!

Don't know if my 'Canes can become a serious threat for the Cup... but they will not be a pushover or an easy out. :-)
You know how the Playoffs are, Joe. They don't call it the "Second Season" for nothing.
I have to say, I've not seen a 9-0 hockey score in quite some time. Congrats again on the win. Not only did you guys score 9 goals, but a shut-out to boot. Unbelievable!!:-)
icehog3 11:03 PM 04-07-2009
Congrats to Joe and the Canes, and Wayne and the Blues....looks like we will all be in the sweet 16. :-)
loki 09:31 AM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Did you see the Hurricanes score?

They beat down the NY Islanders... 9 - 0

1.) Cam Ward got the shut-out
2.) Ward set a franchise record with 39 wins
3.) Eric Staal got a hat trick
4.) NYI only got 12 shots off
5.) 'Canes have a 12 game winning streak intact.

I like how they are handling their business going into the playoffs...
:-)
I did not see this but i wish i had
SmokeyJoe 11:49 AM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
You know how the Playoffs are, Joe. They don't call it the "Second Season" for nothing.
I have to say, I've not seen a 9-0 hockey score in quite some time. Congrats again on the win. Not only did you guys score 9 goals, but a shut-out to boot. Unbelievable!!:-)
The interesting thing for me as a fan, is how they did it.

I am under no illusion... it is no great feat to beat up on the Islanders... outside of a couple of players, they are playing without any heart right now.

But the Hurricanes really were not just trying to run up the score... they were very business-like about it. It was balanced... three goals a period. They were consistently working on doing the little things right. Scary efficiency!

Even when the Islanders were getting chippy and looking to fight in the third period, the 'Canes were very disciplined. Only fought when it was forced and ignored attempts to get them out of their rhythm - just like what you have to do in the playoffs.

The NYI played sloppy hockey (not sloppy seconds, Mr. Avery :-) ). They took a ton of penalties that were unneccessary. Even when the officials were trying to swallow the whistle, they would do something so blatant and foolish they had to call them for it. I am getting excited! :-)
taltos 11:53 AM 04-08-2009
There are a couple of teams in the East that I would like the Bruins to avoid; Carolina and Washington. What the hell are your guys eating down there?:-)
jamesb3 02:53 PM 04-08-2009
Second season it will be after the weekend. Gonna be some rel good first round matchups. Nothing is going to be easy for anyone. Lots of back end teams that are playing great hockey right now. WIll be entertanining as always. Can't wait!:-)

Look forward to the playoff pool too. Hopefully with better results than last year when I just missed a win.

My prediction. Back to back Cups for for the Wings! Not that I am baised or anything!:-)
taltos 03:58 AM 04-09-2009
It was just announced on the local CBS affiliate in Boston that Fenway Park will have the January game in 2010. No announcement who the Bruins will play in that game. Hopefully it will be an original six team (or 7 if Ottowa is included) and I would love to see it be Montreal.:-)
icehog3 07:42 AM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
It was just announced on the local CBS affiliate in Boston that Fenway Park will have the January game in 2010. No announcement who the Bruins will play in that game. Hopefully it will be an original six team (or 7 if Ottowa is included) and I would love to see it be Montreal.:-)
Since the Yankees are trying to get a Rangers game in their stadium, I doubt it will be the Rangers, so I bet it will be the Habs, Paul! :-)
Waynegro1 08:16 AM 04-09-2009
I just became a huge Redwings fan (for tonight only). They play Nashville tonight, which are two points away from tying the Blues for the 8th slot.

Side Note: My 8-year-old son started Peewee and has a hell of a time understanding why I root for teams I normally root against (during the playoff run). I guess when you see your pop rooting for a team that has been his archfoe (along with the 'Hawks) the whole season, it's hard for a young mind to comprehend the temporary change of heart. :-):-)

LETS GO REDWINGS!!!:-)
Page 26 of 104
« First < 16242526 27283676 > Last »
Up