Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 55
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Sports>Cowboys Asylum
shvictor 07:48 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
....and then off to play golf after the first playoff game 'cause that is as far as they are going.
You dont have your own thread to go give your expert opinions in?
[Reply]
shvictor 07:50 AM 12-28-2009
Its great when the sore losers come trolling in our thread....
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:38 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by shvictor:
Nah, what's great is that kids that were in kindergarten are now in college since the last Cowboys playoff win. :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 08:45 AM 12-28-2009
You gotta love it :-)
[Reply]
acruce 05:10 PM 12-28-2009
So... what does everyone think about next week? I think we win big and get the first playoff game at home.:-)
[Reply]
jkim05 06:02 PM 12-28-2009
I had fun at the game last night. More Redskins fans than Cowboys fans before halftime, but it seemed like none of them returned at the half, lol. I'm really hoping they don't let me down again this year.
[Reply]
white_s2k 10:08 PM 12-28-2009
Wow, anyone watch that MIN v. CHI game???

Vikings lost in overtime. Talk about a shakeup in the NFC.. If Vikings and Cardinals lose next week and we beat the Eagles, we have a first round bye!!!!

I love footbal!!! :-)

And it's certainly do-able. Vikings are playing the Giants next week and the Cardinals are playing the Packers.

How crazy would that be???
[Reply]
acruce 11:24 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Wow, anyone watch that MIN v. CHI game???

Vikings lost in overtime. Talk about a shakeup in the NFC.. If Vikings and Cardinals lose next week and we beat the Eagles, we have a first round bye!!!!

I love footbal!!! :-)

And it's certainly do-able. Vikings are playing the Giants next week and the Cardinals are playing the Packers.

How crazy would that be???
Thats a big if . I believe the Vikings are playing the giants next week.:-)
[Reply]
shvictor 11:38 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Nah, what's great is that kids that were in kindergarten are now in college since the last Cowboys playoff win. :-)
And what team do you support?
[Reply]
Blueface 06:32 AM 12-29-2009
You dont have your own thread to go give your expert opinions in?
Didn't know I needed to have my own thread on CA to make a comment against the Cowboys. Thanks for defining the rules of the forum for me.:-)

Not a sore loser at all. Just a Cowboys hater. Let's define it properly. At least I have had the pleasure of enjoying a handful of championships in my lifetime for the team I happen to be a so called sore loser (3 out of 4 Super Bowl appearances). You young one ones on this board don't know that from the Cowboys.

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
So true.
Heck, better yet, it is only this year they have learned they need to win a game in December.
I would be shocked if they make it past the Eagles this week and out of the first round of the playoffs.
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:07 AM 12-29-2009
Not a sore loser at all. Just a Cowboys hater. Let's define it properly. At least I have had the pleasure of enjoying a handful of championships in my lifetime for the team I happen to be a so called sore loser (3 out of 4 Super Bowl appearances). You young one ones on this board don't know that from the Cowboys.
I consider myself fairly "young" at 25 years of age, and I absolutely remember sitting with my Dad in the early 90's watching the Cowboys completely dominate and win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Maybe that comment was directed at all the teenagers we have on this board?

Every team goes through growing pains. I bet you were running around trashing the Cowboys while your Patriots were running the AFC in the 90s too, huh? :-)l :-)l

Difference between Cowboys fans and other fans. We support our team through the good and the bad. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:30 AM 12-29-2009
I consider myself fairly "young" at 25 years of age, and I absolutely remember sitting with my Dad in the early 90's watching the Cowboys completely dominate and win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Maybe that comment was directed at all the teenagers we have on this board?

Every team goes through growing pains. I bet you were running around trashing the Cowboys while your Patriots were running the AFC in the 90s too, huh? :-)l :-)l

Difference between Cowboys fans and other fans. We support our team through the good and the bad. :-)
:-)

Never assume.
Patriots??? Don't know if I hate them more or the Cowboys.

Support their team when good and bad? You are preaching to the choir.
I am a die hard Giants fan since 1966. Waited 20 years to see a Super Bowl. Hence you must understand my dislike for ANY NFC East team.

OMG! A former NYC area die hard NYC area teams fan following the Patriots? I will donate my balls to science first, while still alive.:-)

My future son in law is a die hard Cowboys fan. You can only imagine what that is like for the two of us. Loved it a couple of years ago when we eliminated them and went on the the Super Bowl. Oh yea, that's right. That lucky Super Bowl where we beat who? Patriots! He is the one laughing now, but for the short term only.
[Reply]
white_s2k 10:10 AM 12-29-2009
:-)

Never assume.
Patriots??? Don't know if I hate them more or the Cowboys.

Support their team when good and bad? You are preaching to the choir.
I am a die hard Giants fan since 1966. Waited 20 years to see a Super Bowl. Hence you must understand my dislike for ANY NFC East team.

OMG! A former NYC area die hard NYC area teams fan following the Patriots? I will donate my balls to science first, while still alive.:-)

My future son in law is a die hard Cowboys fan. You can only imagine what that is like for the two of us. Loved it a couple of years ago when we eliminated them and went on the the Super Bowl. Oh yea, that's right. That lucky Super Bowl where we beat who? Patriots! He is the one laughing now, but for the short term only.
Giants? LOL well that's even worse! And now I see where the jealousy comes from. :-)

I'm still a bit confused by your statement about having the opportunity to see your team in the Super Bowl during your lifetime. Cowboys have been in the SB 3 times in the 90s. Giants have been there twice in the past what, 18-19 years? And like most people say about that last trip... the sun shines on every dogs ass once in awhile. :-)l
[Reply]
Blueface 10:45 AM 12-29-2009
Giants? LOL well that's even worse! And now I see where the jealousy comes from. :-)

I'm still a bit confused by your statement about having the opportunity to see your team in the Super Bowl during your lifetime. Cowboys have been in the SB 3 times in the 90s. Giants have been there twice in the past what, 18-19 years? And like most people say about that last trip... the sun shines on every dogs ass once in awhile. :-)l
Not jealous. Pissed to see any NFC East team do anything but lose.:-)

Giants have been in four Super Bowls in my lifetime of following them as a fan.
They won three and lost one.
They beat the Broncos, then the Bills. Lost to the Ravens and then now beat the Patriots.
The "how many times they have been there" argument is one I know well. As a Yankees fan, I love reminding folks how many World Series we have won (27 to be exact). Funny how the argument I always hear back is the "what have you done for me lately".
Well, while the Cowboys may have been there in the 90's, in fact the last appearance was 1998, since then, they haven't done much but lose.

They made the playoffs in '99, '03, '06 and '07 and lost. BTW, do you recall that in '07 they were the NFC East winners? They were eliminated by who? Yup, the Wild Card Giants. They were "lucky" to beat the Cowboys, "lucky" to beat the Packers and "lucky" to beat the Patriots.

If the Cowboys can be called "good" and the Giants "lucky", I would rather be lucky than good as of recent history. No doubt we choked this year, big time. At least I can get over it now, early on. Not because I don't like the Cowboys, just because I think I am being objective when I say that I don't see them going past the first round. Let's see what they do against the Eagles (whom I have equally no lost love for) as that will be quite telling and I may eat my prediction. I assure you if they make me eat it, I will be here to post it.
[Reply]
shvictor 10:56 AM 12-29-2009
Wow our thread sure is popular....
[Reply]
Blueface 11:07 AM 12-29-2009
Wow our thread sure is popular....
Giants are done.

Don't see a thread for the Eagles or man would I be all over that one too.

While there is one for the Redskins, even I can have some sympathy for those poor fans and their suffering so won't beat that dead horse down more. Their suffering is significantly worse than any I can imagine and seems to be one they will endure for a while.

That leaves one place alone for anti-NFC East discussion. This thread wins by default.:-)
[Reply]
shvictor 11:09 AM 12-29-2009
There is an Eagles thread somewhere. Its just buried 2 or 3 pages back
[Reply]
Blueface 11:09 AM 12-29-2009
There is an Eagles thread somewhere. Its just buried 2 or 3 pages back
Serious?
Thanks.
Need to find it.
I am an equal opportunity offender.:-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 04:59 PM 12-29-2009
Not jealous. Pissed to see any NFC East team do anything but lose.:-)

Giants have been in four Super Bowls in my lifetime of following them as a fan.
They won three and lost one.
They beat the Broncos, then the Bills. Lost to the Ravens and then now beat the Patriots.
The "how many times they have been there" argument is one I know well. As a Yankees fan, I love reminding folks how many World Series we have won (27 to be exact). Funny how the argument I always hear back is the "what have you done for me lately".
Well, while the Cowboys may have been there in the 90's, in fact the last appearance was 1998, since then, they haven't done much but lose.

They made the playoffs in '99, '03, '06 and '07 and lost. BTW, do you recall that in '07 they were the NFC East winners? They were eliminated by who? Yup, the Wild Card Giants. They were "lucky" to beat the Cowboys, "lucky" to beat the Packers and "lucky" to beat the Patriots.

If the Cowboys can be called "good" and the Giants "lucky", I would rather be lucky than good as of recent history. No doubt we choked this year, big time. At least I can get over it now, early on. Not because I don't like the Cowboys, just because I think I am being objective when I say that I don't see them going past the first round. Let's see what they do against the Eagles (whom I have equally no lost love for) as that will be quite telling and I may eat my prediction. I assure you if they make me eat it, I will be here to post it.
Being a Cowboys fan, I am fully aware of the results of our playoff games over the past 15 years. Every year is a new chance to turn it around, and this year is starting to look pretty good. The guys have been playing like a TEAM, defense is crushing the opposition, and the offense is really clicking (minus that R. Williams guy..). They are getting hot at the end of the season, which we all know is where they usually lose their cool. And as you can attest to with your '07 Giants, teams that get hot at the end of the season tend to do really well in the playoffs.

All that aside though, I'll be at the game on Sunday and will be sure to send you a snapshot of the final score on the jumbotron. 34-14 COWBOYS :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:34 PM 12-29-2009
All that aside though, I'll be at the game on Sunday and will be sure to send you a snapshot of the final score on the jumbotron. 34-14 COWBOYS :-)
I hope you are right as I will now be looking forward to it.:-)
[Reply]
Page 26 of 55
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Up