Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 225
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Starscream 04:53 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Does any move that the Reds do ever make sense? :-)
The more I've thought about it, the more sense it makes. I don't like Miles' numbers from last year, but his previous years stats are very good. He's only going to be used as a utility player (Janish will probably be gone or sent to AAA soon). I hate that Rosales is gone, but the main thing we need to look at here is that we got rid of Taveras, and that's good news. We fixed our infield gap this weekend, and today fixed our blackhole problem in CF. Stubbs will make a fine CFer.

BTW, Taveras just got DFAd by the A's. :-)
Some boys over at the cincinnati.com message boards are thinking that the A's made this trade in order to somehow acquire Damon.:-)

I don't want to drink too much of the Kool-Aid that Dan's drinking, but I think we might have a shot at the playoffs this year, providing everyone stays healthy.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:39 PM 02-01-2010
I am just glad to see Taveras gone. He absolutely sucked last year and he was our leadoff hitter :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:40 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
... I think we might have a shot at the playoffs this year, providing everyone stays healthy.:-)
I am quoting this. Playoffs here we come! :-) :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 05:40 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I don't want to drink too much of the Kool-Aid that Dan's drinking, but I think we might have a shot at the playoffs this year, providing everyone stays healthy.:-)
Me and my buddy were saying the EXACT same thing. They all need to stay healthy and be consistent. Seems like in years past they would go on a few hot streaks then just go ICE cold and not do anything offensively. IMO it will come down to the pitching this year.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:33 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Me and my buddy were saying the EXACT same thing. They all need to stay healthy and be consistent. Seems like in years past they would go on a few hot streaks then just go ICE cold and not do anything offensively. IMO it will come down to the pitching this year.
With the new pitching coach, I think we'll start to improve. Maybe Harang will show some improvement and be back in form from two years ago. Volquez is supposed to be back before the end of the season, Cueto and Bailey need to develop a bit, but overall I think that we will have solid pitching. Arroyo just needs to bring some quality starts, and Harang is performing for cash this year, so hopefully he'll step up.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:32 AM 02-02-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I am quoting this. Playoffs here we come! :-) :-)
Thats right up there with:
Bengals = Superbowl
Bengals vs. Vikings Superbowl
OSU will beat USC
Reds = World Series
OSU = National Champions

:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:34 AM 02-02-2010
Thats right up there with:
Bengals = Superbowl
Bengals vs. Vikings Superbowl
OSU will beat USC
Reds = World Series
OSU = National Champions

I guess you didn't read the post I made. I am not saying Reds = World Series.

I said Reds = playoffs. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:35 AM 02-02-2010
IMO it will come down to the pitching this year.
Maybe not starting pitching, but there has still been nothing done with their bullpen. Their bullpen has been absolutely pathetic. How many ND's to the starters get because the bullpens blew their leads? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:56 PM 02-02-2010
Maybe not starting pitching, but there has still been nothing done with their bullpen. Their bullpen has been absolutely pathetic. How many ND's to the starters get because the bullpens blew their leads? :-)
Rhodes, Masset, and Herrera are keepers. I say get rid of Burton. And coCo is still with us. Not the worst bullpen in the league by far, but clearly not the best. I think we'll be ok.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:30 PM 02-02-2010
I guess you didn't read the post I made. I am not saying Reds = World Series.

I said Reds = playoffs. :-)
No, Reds = World Series, was last year. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:42 PM 02-02-2010
Our bullpen will be fine this year.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:56 PM 02-02-2010
Our bullpen will be fine this year.
We'll see. Ofcourse they usually don't have leads, but they are also not very good at holding onto them.

The problems the Reds have are not limited to just starting pitching, relievers, fielding or batting. Hell, even managing is a little suspect. The Reds are a mediocre team and haven't made any changes in the off season that really blow me away. They could get lucky and win 80 games and have a chance at the Wild Card but as of right now they are the 3rd best team in their division. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:37 AM 02-03-2010
We'll see. Ofcourse they usually don't have leads, but they are also not very good at holding onto them.

The problems the Reds have are not limited to just starting pitching, relievers, fielding or batting. Hell, even managing is a little suspect. The Reds are a mediocre team and haven't made any changes in the off season that really blow me away. They could get lucky and win 80 games and have a chance at the Wild Card but as of right now they are the 3rd best team in their division. :-)
Most analysts have us as the second best team, behind St. Louis, and putting us in the wild card race. Chicago looks pretty mediocre so far this year, despite getting rid of Milton Bradley.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:38 AM 02-03-2010
So true.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:39 PM 02-05-2010
:-):-) GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:00 PM 02-05-2010
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:08 AM 02-10-2010
Pitchers and catchers report in 1 week :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:21 PM 02-17-2010
Pitchers and catchers tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 02:21 PM 02-17-2010
Pitchers and catchers tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:50 PM 02-17-2010
We can discuss some baseball at the herf, if you can come it would be awesome :-)
[Reply]
Page 26 of 225
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Up