Page 26 of 350
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Genetic Defect 05:45 PM 12-02-2008
IronMan
BigFrank 05:49 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
so many people training to fail
I think its a must, I wouldnt train to fail every set but I would recommend following a rep scheme and the last set pushing till failure. I would avoid going to failure on the first set due to the risk of injury due to poorly warned muscles and joints.

Example
Bench 200 x 10 - 200 x 10 - 200 x 10+ ( go to failure )
or
Pyramid set
200 x 10 220 x 8 240 x 6+ ( go to failure )

But of course this discussion will lead us into the never ending topic of to which degree of failure one should push to.
Genetic Defect 05:53 PM 12-02-2008
no worries on me discussing it, its another one of those things I don't do.
Starscream 06:12 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Men's Health = Garbage
I'm starting to pick up on this. There is so much out there, that it's hard to know where to start. Any suggestions for a newbie to weightlifting for weightloss?
Genetic Defect 06:12 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I'm starting to pick up on this. There is so much out there, that it's hard to know where to start. Any suggestions for a newbie to weightlifting for weightloss?
bodybuilding.com
icehog3 06:55 PM 12-02-2008
so many people training to fail
Failure, Perry....Failure.

My training sure ain't to fail. :-)

If you want to experience weightloss from lifting, you are going to have to train fast and light....cardio is much more efficeint, when combined with proper nutrition. :-)
Chris. 06:59 PM 12-02-2008
How about tips for losing a gut? I don't necessarily want a 6 pack, but just slim the gut and waist down. I was a 34 pants size in high school and now I'm a snug 38 depending on what brand of jeans. I want to get back to a 34 or 36.
Genetic Defect 07:01 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Failure, Perry....Failure.

My training sure ain't to fail. :-)

If you want to experience weightloss from lifting, you are going to have to train fast and light....cardio is much more efficeint, when combined with proper nutrition. :-)
I know :-) was trying a play on words.

also to update you I took no Dren today and if I had any caffeine it was from chocolate. :-) energy was the same as if taking Dren and my mood was avg. did notice about 330 I was very tired.
Genetic Defect 07:02 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Chris.:
How about tips for losing a gut? I don't necessarily want a 6 pack, but just slim the gut and waist down. I was a 34 pants size in high school and now I'm a snug 38 depending on what brand of jeans. I want to get back to a 34 or 36.
my only tip here is.
spot reduction is a myth.
BigFrank 07:05 PM 12-02-2008
1st thing, would be to clean up your diet. Then combine some cardio with weight training 3-4 days per week to start. 20-30 min moderate intensity cardio before weight training. Then follow Tom's advice. Keep rep range 10 +, and keep rest time between sets under 60 secs.
As far as diet goes you would need to post a daily diet for any critique. Main points are
-eat protein with every meal
-eat less carbs, switch poor carb sources ( high glycemic ) with good carbs ( low glycemic)
- eat moderate healthy fats
- eat veggies

for most people looking to loose say 10-20 pounds, a simple cleaning up of the diet and moderate exercise would do wonders over a 4-6 month period.

biggest tip would be, find a routine that fits your lifestyle and find a diet stick and with it for 8-12 weeks.
BigFrank 07:08 PM 12-02-2008
I know :-) was trying a play on words.

also to update you I took no Dren today and if I had any caffeine it was from chocolate. :-) energy was the same as if taking Dren and my mood was avg. did notice about 330 I was very tired.
maybe some dren left in your system?
I always wondered how long a lot of that OTC supps stayed with ya. you didnt notice any headaches vito?
Genetic Defect 07:10 PM 12-02-2008
maybe some dren left in your system?
I always wondered how long a lot of that OTC supps stayed with ya. you didnt notice any headaches vito?
nope, the boss was a PITA but no headaches.
icehog3 07:11 PM 12-02-2008
Sounds like I will not be buying any Dren, Perry...thanks for testing it out. :-)

Good advice on the weightloss, Frank. :-)
BigFrank 07:11 PM 12-02-2008
ya gotta love those days, I avoid caffeine if i can I crash hard off of it.

was talking to a friend of mine, he was telling me about a supp called "hotrox" he said he got some decent results from it.
Genetic Defect 07:13 PM 12-02-2008
Tom, save your $$ and try vasocharge the sample I got was pretty similar to WF.

Frank I heard of HotRox, I will pass on it at least for now.
icehog3 07:20 PM 12-02-2008
Tom, save your $$ and try vasocharge the sample I got was pretty similar to WF.

Frank I heard of HotRox, I will pass on it at least for now.
I have never tried any SciVation products, Perry, have you tried any others?
Genetic Defect 07:24 PM 12-02-2008
I have never tried any SciVation products, Perry, have you tried any others?
I have used there Xtend product a couple of years ago mixed decent and had a decent flavor, tastes better then purple wraath and will be going back to it after my WF and PW are gone. I actually got the pins and needles from VC that you and Dokk get from WF.... effen awesome :-)
Starscream 07:27 PM 12-02-2008
bodybuilding.com
:-)
1st thing, would be to clean up your diet. Then combine some cardio with weight training 3-4 days per week to start. 20-30 min moderate intensity cardio before weight training. Then follow Tom's advice. Keep rep range 10 +, and keep rest time between sets under 60 secs.
As far as diet goes you would need to post a daily diet for any critique. Main points are
-eat protein with every meal
-eat less carbs, switch poor carb sources ( high glycemic ) with good carbs ( low glycemic)
- eat moderate healthy fats
- eat veggies

for most people looking to loose say 10-20 pounds, a simple cleaning up of the diet and moderate exercise would do wonders over a 4-6 month period.

biggest tip would be, find a routine that fits your lifestyle and find a diet stick and with it for 8-12 weeks.
Thanks to all three of you. Been cleaning up my diet as of late, keeping to a low fat diet. Plan on starting some cardio up very soon.
I'm looking to lose more than 10-20lbs.
Sticking with it is the key for me, though.
Genetic Defect 07:27 PM 12-02-2008

Thanks to all three of you. Been cleaning up my diet as of late, keeping to a low fat diet. Plan on starting some cardio up very soon.
I'm looking to lose more than 10-20lbs.
Sticking with it is the key for me, though.
drinking a good amount of water and a MV are good too :-)
icehog3 07:28 PM 12-02-2008
I have used there Xtend product a couple of years ago mixed decent and had a decent flavor, tastes better then purple wraath and will be going back to it after my WF and PW are gone. I actually got the pins and needles from VC that you and Dokk get from WF.... effen awesome :-)
BB.com still giving away samples?
Page 26 of 350
« First < 16242526 27283676126 > Last »
Up