Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 33
« First < 16242526 2728 > Last »
Sports>Packer fan thoughts
RevSmoke 09:41 PM 01-12-2013
This is sad - seriously sad.

I was at a wrestling tournament today. I saw what happens to normally good wrestlers who have just gotten off the flu, (This is in no way an excuse for the Packers) and it was sad. By 1/2 way through the 2nd of three 2minute periods, guys were completely gassed and weak as a kitten. I can see how that might have affected their play.

Nice game, '9ers.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:50 AM 05-31-2013
Packer's signed Bama running back Eddie Lacy. This will give us a smidge more depth in the back field along with Pease, Franklin, Harris, Lacy, Green, and Starks.

If the "O" line holds up, look out:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 06:18 AM 09-01-2013
Any thoughts on this season thus far? A few if I may:

1. Alex Green cut. :-)

2. We are starting a 21 year old 4th round rookie to protect the blindside of the franchise. Lord help us.

3. We need a backup quarterback. Stat.

4. Why is the current training/medical team still employed? Year in and year out the Packers are the most oft injured team in the league.

5. The defense may not stink the joint out this season. We have decent depth at every level (except linebacker, which is woefully thin) and should be significantly better at stopping the run.

6. I hope that Charles Johnson clears waivers and we sign him to the practice squad.

7. Alex Green cut. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:21 PM 12-18-2013
Yowch! I am certainly glad the Packers are still in the hunt, especially considering the players missing. Offensive line needs work. Defense needs some work. Thankfully, they found a way to win the last two weeks.

Not sure it would be a good or a bad thing for them to get into the play-offs.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:45 PM 12-18-2013
I vote "bad thing". :-) :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:18 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Yowch! I am certainly glad the Packers are still in the hunt, especially considering the players missing. Offensive line needs work. Defense needs some work. Thankfully, they found a way to win the last two weeks.

Not sure it would be a good or a bad thing for them to get into the play-offs.
I think the last two weeks have been a good experience for the players filling-in for the injured, and there has been a good cohesiveness brewing among these players as well.

Having the Steelers in Lambeau this week should be a great tune-up for the current Packer offense, defense, and coaching staff.

I believe they will all be up for the play-offs, and with a little payback in mind...
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:54 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
I think the last two weeks have been a good experience for the players filling-in for the injured, and there has been a good cohesiveness brewing among these players as well.

Having the Steelers in Lambeau this week should be a great tune-up for the current Packer offense, defense, and coaching staff.

I believe they will all be up for the play-offs, and with a little payback in mind...
I have tickets to the game up for sale. I am not sure if I want them to sell or go with my son Nathan. I could go either way. If they sell, I make a little bit over what I paid for them. If I go, I get to throw snowballs at the game. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:49 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I have tickets to the game up for sale. I am not sure if I want them to sell or go with my son Nathan. I could go either way. If they sell, I make a little bit over what I paid for them. If I go, I get to throw snowballs at the game. :-)
Hey, a couple of pairs of long underwear, sweatshirts, big winter gloves, wool watch cap, jeans, a couple of pairs of socks, big winter jacket, one of those butt warmer pillows for your rear-end, and you're all set:-)

As for me, I'll just have to settle with DirectTV on Sunday. Next best thing to being there in person:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:39 PM 12-22-2013
I have been to my share of snow games. I have the clothes to wear. I enjoy such games. However, I do not need to go to such a game. As we sit here watching it at home, Nathan. who I just woke up, said, "Mmmm, you know, I think I'm glad to have the cash and sitting here in this easy chair sleeping till the game starts."
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:27 AM 12-23-2013
Alright, will someone please volunteer to win the NFC North. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:15 AM 12-23-2013
I don't think it matters, Larry, I am guessing neither the Packers nor the Bears will go far in the postseason. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:15 PM 01-01-2014
Well, I am glad that Packers will be representing the NFC North in the playoffs. However, will they go anywhere other than to the locker room after the game?

I would love to have an answer for our defense, but that has been a problem for a few years now, they have been a sieve.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:11 AM 01-02-2014
All the talk today is on whether Aaron Rogers is gay. I guess there's some back story to all this. Have these stories been in the press in your locale?
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:10 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
All the talk today is on whether Aaron Rogers is gay. I guess there's some back story to all this. Have these stories been in the press in your locale?
I have never heard any of this before this whole flap. Given that I have a member whose brother is a part of the team staff with the Packers, I think that would have come out before.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:47 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
This comes from Aaron's Tuesday radio show where he was asked the pitfalls of celebrity. He answered in generalities and the "gay" question was never asked but just an example he used. It may have been said with tongue firmly in cheek.

"I really, really like women."

Dating Mila Kunis in the past, I would think qualifies his answer, cause she seems to be of the right gender. :-)

So if there's a backstory, it hasn't shown up here.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:49 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
"I really, really like women."

Dating Mila Kunis in the past, I would think qualifies his answer, cause she seems to be of the right gender. :-)

So if there's a backstory, it hasn't shown up here.
They were making fun of the whole situation on two different radio stations this morning in Boston. When someone says something about him, no answer Aaron give is going stop speculation.

I had never heard of this until this morning either.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:40 PM 10-19-2014
Thread Revival...

Packers looking pretty good at home today against the Panthers, with a half time score of 28 - 3.

Positive note: Packer defensive personnel appear to be tackling low (for a change):-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:08 PM 10-19-2014
Arrrrggg! So its now 35 - 3 Packers, and Fox decides to change over to the Seattle at St Louis game:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:04 AM 10-20-2014
Sorry to hear about your televised loss. It was a good game. I am a bit worried about the fact that they seem to lose their drive after halftime, losing momentum into the 4th quarter.

Peace of The Lord be with you.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:58 PM 11-29-2014

GAME DAY, SUNDAY NOV 30
PATRIOTS VS PACKERS...:-)

[Reply]
Page 26 of 33
« First < 16242526 2728 > Last »
Up