Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 43
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Entertainment>Walking Dead Season 2
tengel78 08:00 PM 02-20-2012
Great episode yesterday. I finally caught up on all of the episodes last week. I'm ready to see them get on the road again as well.
jsnake 08:35 PM 02-20-2012
I have to say this new stuff is back on track. Good stuff.
Skywalker 12:14 AM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
I might be reading too much into it but I think the show captures an old school conservative Southern patriarchal society. All the male characters pretty much call the shots with the women as domestic help, although Lori and Andrea are starting to brake the mold. Yet it does kinda grate my nerves that according to the show, all Southerners drive mostly old vehicles etc. If you watch closely you'll notice that the TV in Hershel's home looks like its black and white from the 70s :-)
I did notice the the TV set, yet the kitchen appliances were modern!:-)
OLS 06:32 AM 02-21-2012
In my experience, they DO all drive old vehicles in the South....or maybe just in Memphis.
They all drive so bad that to get a good vehicle would just invite trouble. It's a lot like
washing your car before a rainstorm.
Blak Smyth 06:42 AM 02-21-2012
I'm bored, this show is starting to feel soo stretched out, like they only have enough material for one season but they need to make it last for three. I think I am done going out of my way to watch.
ucla695 07:34 AM 02-21-2012
I enjoyed this weeks episode. There was some nice, gratuitous gore! Some decent action. Can't wait for them to get mobile.
Blak Smyth 07:41 AM 02-21-2012
I wish the lady in the love triangle was bit in that car accident and it was noticed when she was getting naked in the tent.
Powers 07:49 AM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I'm bored, this show is starting to feel soo stretched out, like they only have enough material for one season but they need to make it last for three. I think I am done going out of my way to watch.
I wish the lady in the love triangle was bit in that car accident and it was noticed when she was getting naked in the tent.
If you don't know the characters' names by now I can see how you don't like it :-) :-)
Blak Smyth 07:58 AM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
If you don't know the characters' names by now I can see how you don't like it :-) :-)
I am bad with names, haha. I don't have enough interest anymore although I have watched every episode intently and this last one was the when I realised I am not into it anymore. I will admit it, I can't take so much drama, AADD I guess. I loved season one, maybe I will go watch it again. Season two is 90% boring IMO with a few interesting parts.

I am not bashing this show, it has many followers. Just not for me anymore.

I remember Shane's name :-) and Carl. I was thinking here name was Lori but it doesn't sound right in my head.
Skywalker 08:24 AM 02-21-2012
Gophernut 10:37 AM 02-21-2012
I kept thinking that too. Especially since they kind of dragged that scene out a little bit.
There were definitely some tense moments in last night's episode. I didn't see it coming when Rick got that kid off of the fence. Yuck. The gore quotient seems to have gone up this year. I find my self having to watch each episode with a pillow in my arms so I can cover my eyes. Of course I never could watch ER due to the gore, and certainly there were times in M*A*S*H* that I had to turn away too... Maybe I'm a wuss.
kaisersozei 10:42 AM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
Maybe I'm a wuss.
Probably.

:-)
irratebass 11:09 AM 02-21-2012
Sounds like it heh
OLS 02:31 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Best line from last night, "Ya' got any cooze?" as the guy stands pissing on the floor of the bar.
This was totally messed up to me. Granted, it's the zombie apocolypse and all, but come ON.
People might want to go back in there one day for liquor or even to hang out once they basically
kill all the zombies in that town, which COULD happen. Now it smells like pi55 and dead guys. :-)
MikeyC 03:24 PM 02-21-2012
I thought the most recent episode was great. Things are starting to liven up I think.
OLS 06:46 PM 02-21-2012
I will keep this thread jack to a minimum, but I had a great big laugh the other night, I was watching The Mist,
which in the end was a bit of a waste of time, but it was great, within 5 minutes of film, THREE actors from The
Walking Dead appeared in the cast. First Carol, then Andrea, then Dale. What was a trip was that Carol still
had her same cancer-survivor hairdo.
Skywalker 08:27 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
I will keep this thread jack to a minimum, but I had a great big laugh the other night, I was watching The Mist,
which in the end was a bit of a waste of time, but it was great, within 5 minutes of film, THREE actors from The
Walking Dead appeared in the cast. First Carol, then Andrea, then Dale. What was a trip was that Carol still
had her same cancer-survivor hairdo.
The director of The Mist, Frank Darabont is an executive producer/developer of The Walking Dead.
Malazan 07:08 PM 02-25-2012
My favorite show on right now
icehog3 09:57 PM 02-26-2012
So was that enough walker action for y'all? :-)
icehog3 09:58 PM 02-26-2012
Anyone else been entering the contest?
Page 26 of 43
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Up