I feel your pain, a little later. :-)

Got the smokes today, thank you Garry!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:26 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I feel your pain, a little later. :-)

Got the smokes today, thank you Garry!
Awesome, Enjoy.

So I see Leyland is retiring. Was this seen coming over in the Detroit world?
[Reply]
qwerty1500 06:55 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
If it's a bang....bang play the fielder gets it.
Can't resist a little story .....

Was playing wiffle ball in the back yard with our 5 year old nephew last summer. Great game ... the kid can hit and I was making some amazing out of the trees catches. It all came down to his last at bat ... bases loaded, two outs, two strikes. He hit a line drive right at me. I knocked the ball down, grabbed it and raced to first base. There stood my wife ... she was first base ... kinda looking like a deer in the headlights as we both ran right at her. Tough gal ... she didn't flinch. My nephew beat me by maybe half a step but he was clearly safe. Unfortunately, my left eye collided with the top of my wife's head. She was fine but I walked around for a month with a black eye.

Who says baseball isn't a contact sport?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:59 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Awesome, Enjoy.

Well, he is 117 years old, so it was inevitable....but I thought he'd stay a little longer. :-)
[Reply]
Brian D. 11:00 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Well, he is 117 years old, so it was inevitable....but I thought he'd stay a little longer. :-)
Anybody else think Leyland resembles "Stockburn", the old marshal killed by Clint Eastwood's character at the end of Pale Rider?
[Reply]
icehog3 02:13 PM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Anybody else think Leyland resembles "Stockburn", the old marshal killed by Clint Eastwood's character at the end of Pale Rider?
Never thought of it, but that's pretty good. Just hope Jim's demise is a little more peaceful, and many years away.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:02 PM 10-22-2013
Watching media day interviews streaming online, if anyone is interested they are on now.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?topic_id=3...nt_id=31168901

Of course asking J. Lester about his fight with cancer and coming back and pitching and raising awareness for the fight against cancer, usually the media day stuff is a lot of filler, but being a cancer survivor myself I hope they milk every second out of it they can and it raises even a few extra bucks or gives one cancer patient hope he didn't have before.

*gets off my soap box*
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:32 PM 10-22-2013
I'm watching NESN Farrells presser all live stuff from the Cards work out.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:18 PM 10-22-2013
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:20 AM 10-23-2013
I think I am rooting for Boston tonight. I like some of the players as individuals. I have no clue who plays for the Cards.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:52 AM 10-23-2013
I'm rooting for the Red Sox. I cannot stand Carlos Beltran!! Last time we were in the playoffs...Wainwright caught Beltran looking for the final out. Hope he's caught looking again this year. :-)

(in best "soup guy" voice) NO RING FOR YOU!!!
[Reply]
357 11:28 AM 10-23-2013
Awesome, Enjoy.

He said he told Dave D. on Sept 7th but they kept it from everyone else. I'm sure Dave was hoping he'd change his mind. Wild and irresponsible speculation around these parts about who the next skipper will be.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:03 PM 10-23-2013
Good morning all:-) Thought I'd add a nice piece written by Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis in the LA Times this morning for your review:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-1023-aj-ellis-dodgers-world-series-20131023,0,7703851.story#axzz2iZLJUobW
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:37 PM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I'm rooting for the Red Sox. I cannot stand Carlos Beltran!! Last time we were in the playoffs...Wainwright caught Beltran looking for the final out. Hope he's caught looking again this year. :-)

(in best "soup guy" voice) NO RING FOR YOU!!!

Well.. He is out.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:14 PM 10-27-2013
This thread sure died once Detroit was knocked out.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:32 PM 10-27-2013
This thread sure died once Detroit was knocked out.
Tiger Nation is in mourning. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:39 PM 10-27-2013
Whoot! Ross is FINALLY starting a game, I can't believe Farrell got a move right =P
[Reply]
icehog3 12:42 AM 10-28-2013
Best of 3. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:15 PM 10-28-2013
Love Big Papi holding a huddle in the dugout, mark of a true leader seeing the team getting down and taking control and pumping them up.

From the remarks part of it was touching and a lot of it was "wtf are you guys doing... this isn't just a regular baseball game".

The comments were classic by the team talking about it ... how everyone was quiet paying attention like kindergarteners paying attention to the teacher, etc., and then you get to Pedroia who says "I don't know, I couldn't understand a word of what he said." :-)

Edit: Hard to believe the Sox were picked to finish last in their division this year, so yes should be happy no matter what happens...oh if it were only that easy huh?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:08 PM 10-28-2013
To get us all set for the game tonight, I present the classic fight between Earl Weaver and Ump Bill Haller... ROFL NSFW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkcElfDQafo#t=173
[Reply]
Page 26 of 30
« First < 16242526 2728 > Last »
Up