Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 71
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>COFFEE: What are you drinking?
Hippiebrian 06:52 PM 08-14-2011
Right now? Folgers donkey pee at work...:-):-).

At least it has cafeine, I suppose...
[Reply]
Mr B 11:03 AM 08-23-2011
Sumatra Grade 1 Mandhleing at Full City +. Roasted Saturday. Nice spicy, caramel notes
[Reply]
Garbandz 08:23 PM 08-23-2011
Picked up some El Salvador Pacamara "Los Luchadores ",it is extraordinary......
Attached: elsalvador_luchadoresbag.JPG (5.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Mr B 10:23 AM 08-24-2011
Kenya Muranga's AA Kangunu at Full City +. Very Tasty!!
[Reply]
Mr B 12:28 PM 09-19-2011
Kenya Murang'a AA Kangunu at Full city +. Very nice. Chocolaty cooking spices.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 12:35 PM 09-19-2011
Today I finished the last or my Wegmans Brand Jamaican me Crazy. Time to ask for more. I get my friends to send me coffee from home since the selection here on post is dismal.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 01:26 PM 09-19-2011
Just had a Moka pot of a blend I roasted on Sat. 1 pound consisting of: 4oz of Guatemalan (Hunapu), 4oz of Colombia Supremo, 4oz of Ethiopian Yirgracheffe, and 4oz of Sumatra Manderling. A beautiful taste. I am just getting into a the blending of different coffee beans. :-) :-)

Hey ya Mark! :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 10:55 AM 09-20-2011
Sounds like a tasty blend K.
[Reply]
Mr B 04:56 PM 09-21-2011
This morning was Sumatra Tarbarita Peaberry. Full City + / Vienna. Very tasty with a spicy-smokey flavor.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 12:54 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Sounds like a tasty blend K.
Not to bad...like I said Just getting started in the blending route. I'm gonna drop down on the Colombian by 2oz and raise the Eth up the same amount. Then I might drop the Colombian out altogether....it is such a great single origin coffee. Just had the same blend above in a french press....doesn't work....so I'll save it for the Moka Pot.

I have never tried a Sumatra Peaberry....I'll ask when I go buy more beans. :-)

[Reply]
Mr B 05:11 PM 09-22-2011
Today was Sumatra Dry_Hulled Aceh Bukit. Full City + / Vienna. Very tasty. Got even better as it cooled.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 05:35 PM 09-22-2011
Today was Sumatra Dry_Hulled Aceh Bukit. Full City + / Vienna. Very tasty. Got even better as it cooled.
You seem to have a perchance for Sumatran coffee.....is that all you drink?

My favorite is Colombian....and easy to roast, and very forgiving if roasted too long.

I had to repair my SCCO(Stir Crazy Convection Oven) yesterday, really just some modifications to how the temp probe is held into the beans. I might be picking up a Fresh Roast SR-500 next month, just to have another roaster on hand. Not really happy with the temp control on the SCCO also. Got damaged in a move.

K :-)

[Reply]
hammondc 07:46 AM 09-23-2011
Folgers Black Silk. Oh yeah!! I am too cheap to buy the good stuff (too many options and I do not want to buy something I will not like) and know nothing about roasting my own.
[Reply]
Mr B 11:10 AM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
You seem to have a perchance for Sumatran coffee.....is that all you drink?

K :-)
Nope, I like all kinds. I just happened to have roasted 2 Sumatran varieties last weekend and also some Ethiopian Dry-Process Yirgga Cheffe that I am having this morning. This one has been great. Amazing Blueberry notes.
[Reply]
Resipsa 11:30 AM 09-23-2011
A new espresso roast:

50% Brazil Sweet Yellow Bourbon, 30% Monsonned Malabar, 10% Harrar, 10% Aged Zambian.

Nice!
[Reply]
Resipsa 11:31 AM 09-23-2011
Nope, I like all kinds. I just happened to have roasted 2 Sumatran varieties last weekend and also some Ethiopian Dry-Process Yirgga Cheffe that I am having this morning. This one has been great. Amazing Blueberry notes.
Blueberries from a Yirg...odd:-)
[Reply]
Buddha Belly 12:19 PM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
50% Brazil Sweet Yellow Bourbon, 30% Monsonned Malabar, 10% Harrar, 10% Aged Zambian.
That's coffee??

I'm ashamed to say I have no idea what that is!
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 01:00 PM 09-23-2011
OOoohh That sounds yummy. I have some of that Ethiopian.
You make me want to get out my SOCO and roast some. But that thing not as convenient as a Fresh Roast
SR-500 will be.
What roaster do you use?

And also how long do you let the coffee out-gas before brewing? I am still very much an amateur roaster....always want to know more about it.
:-)

[Reply]
Resipsa 03:04 PM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by Buddha Belly:
That's coffee??

Ah. I am truly sad for you.:-)
[Reply]
Mr B 04:27 PM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by Buddha Belly:
That's coffee??

Take a look at some of the Home Roasting websites. There are a huge variety of Green Coffee Beans available and those mentioned above are just a few. Check out Sweet Marias. Very informative site.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 26 of 71
« First < 16242526 272836 > Last »
Up