Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 31
« First < 16242526 2728 > Last »
Sports>*2010 MLB Thread*
Starscream 08:06 PM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by mahtofire:
that's cuz griffey never got caught with roids....MLB loves to pump the roid ragers in the media.....
As much as the media jumps all over the "roiders", you would think they would have put a special emphasis on Griffey's chase to 600. It went almost unnoticed. I guess that's what a legend gets for not playing for a big market team.
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 11:25 PM 07-28-2010
Go Giants!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:02 AM 07-29-2010
Mets drop another game in extra innings! :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 11:31 AM 07-29-2010
BREAKING NEWS
Multiple media outlets are reporting that Astros RHP Roy Oswalt will approve a trade to the Phillies.

Nice!! :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 01:25 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
BREAKING NEWS
Multiple media outlets are reporting that Astros RHP Roy Oswalt will approve a trade to the Phillies.

Nice!! :-)
Meh, they shoulda just kept Lee. He's better :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:18 PM 07-29-2010
O's have hired Buck Showalter to manage their team to another gawd-awful season.
[Reply]
BigAsh 04:05 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Meh, they shoulda just kept Lee. He's better :-)
No argument there...But they didn't....Oswalt give them a pretty nice top 3...They're swingin' the bats pretty good now too....
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:03 PM 07-29-2010
Here's to hoping the Braves CAVE IN!! Otherwise, my Mets will have no chance to make the playoffs. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:42 PM 07-30-2010
Looks like Austin Kearns and Lance Berkman will both be in pinstripes soon.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:37 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Looks like Austin Kearns and Lance Berkman will both be in pinstripes soon.
Done...and Kerry Wood. :-) :-) What is Wood gonna do for them? Be King of the DL? :-) :-)
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 07:46 PM 07-31-2010
Wish the Giants would have brought in Downs, but at least they got lefty bullpen help. I'm almost happy they didn't bring in another bat, because their chemistry hasn't been better all season and they are as deep as any team in the majors. Someone new is winning almost every game for them, and their pitching is still solid. Go Giants!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:51 PM 07-31-2010
And the Mets get....

NOBODY!!! :-) :-)

Let's see if this seals Minayas fate...and job!!!
[Reply]
Superbad 07:57 PM 07-31-2010
You guys might be the right audience for this question. Why does MLB not have a standard field size? It seems advantageous to play for a team who has a shorter distance to the back wall. Over time you would get more home runs.
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 07:59 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
And the Mets get....

NOBODY!!! :-) :-)

Let's see if this seals Minayas fate...and job!!!
Yeah, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Too far out to justify a move and then not make the playoffs. There's always next year Mac :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:59 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by Superbad:
You guys might be the right audience for this question. Why does MLB not have a standard field size? It seems advantageous to play for a team who has a shorter distance to the back wall. Over time you would get more home runs.
Bobby...GREAT question. However, I have no answer. Might wanna ask a Yankees fan...318 down the right field line. Citifield is HUGE and we still can't keep opposing batters from taking us deep (but we can't seem to hit it out). :-)
[Reply]
Superbad 08:02 PM 07-31-2010
Bobby...GREAT question. However, I have no answer. Might wanna ask a Yankees fan...318 down the right field line. Citifield is HUGE and we still can't keep opposing batters from taking us deep (but we can't seem to hit it our). :-)
Exactly. Btw my wife was a mets fan growing up. She is a big rays fan now that we have a home team.
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 08:06 PM 07-31-2010
Bobby...GREAT question. However, I have no answer. Might wanna ask a Yankees fan...318 down the right field line. Citifield is HUGE and we still can't keep opposing batters from taking us deep (but we can't seem to hit it our). :-)
AT&T is one of the toughest places to hit HR's, especially to right center and RF too. If Bonds played in the Evil Empire stadium he would have hit 1000 HR's.

I would agree that it would make sense to have regulational dimensions of a ballpark, but that is also what kind of makes different ballparks unique. However, one could also bring up the arguement that different elevations, wind patterns, temperature etc. all factor into how far a ball travels. I don't see it ever happening.
[Reply]
Superbad 08:07 PM 07-31-2010
Exactly. Btw my wife was a mets fan growing up. She is a big rays fan now that we have a home team.
She wanted to add that she hates the Yankees!
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:30 PM 07-31-2010
She wanted to add that she hates the Yankees!
I like her already Bobby!! :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:32 PM 07-31-2010
The Rays have fans? Jeez, judging by the last two games it looked like most of the crowd were Yanks fans :-)
[Reply]
Page 26 of 31
« First < 16242526 2728 > Last »
Up