Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 257 of 350
« First < 157207247255256257 258259267307 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
DBall 07:15 AM 01-20-2011
Squat sets yesterday... 185 x8 x2 sets, 205 x8 x1 set, 225 x5 x2 sets, 135 a bunch of times to finish it off. Then a bunch of other leg stuff. I'm actually feeling it today... :-)
Patrick B 07:37 PM 01-20-2011
Legs for me today, too. Pushed myself really hard over the last four day workout split and feeling pretty damn good about it. Diet has been damn near perfect as well. Come on results!
PeteSB75 07:16 AM 01-21-2011
Shoulders for me this morning, some hang cleans, press and upright rows.
The Professor 03:37 PM 01-22-2011
Took the last 3 days off for school and home maintenance reasons. Back at it this morning with a leg workout. I made it up to 225 x 10 on deadlifts today, which is a far cry from my old lifts; but at least I'm on the road to recovery. :-)
PeteSB75 06:16 AM 01-25-2011
Heavy back today, deads, some rowing and some lat pulldowns. Missed monday due to some alarm clock malfunction - me setting but neglecting to turn it on...
GreekGodX 06:52 AM 01-26-2011
Anyone try VPX NO shotgun? Lot of guys at my gym take it and like it. 10% of me wants to try it, the other 90% is stuck on white flood/jack3d.
hscmit 08:30 AM 01-26-2011
since last thursday I have had my gym time switched from 7am to 7pm, and now I am not sleeping well, I will be able to switch back to am workouts tomorrow, ever happen to you?
PeteSB75 07:46 AM 01-28-2011
I haven't done evenings in quite some time. I usually wind up not going if I miss my morning workout.

Anyway, gym wasn't open yesterday morning because of snow or something. Sounds like a crap excuse to me, but means I am combining multiple workouts. Chest and shoulders today, hang cleans, flat bench, and finished with press. Makes for an interesting combo.
The Professor 07:32 AM 01-29-2011
Having a hard time figuring out my schedule this semester; but I *think* I finally figured it out. What do y'all think about a 4-on, 3-off schedule. My problem is that Monday is completely shot as I'm occupied with teaching, meetings, and prep from 8am to 9pm+. Tuesday morning, chances are I'm still tuckered out from Monday. Wednesday, I'm on campus early again. I *could* go in Tuesday and Wednesday evenings ... but I HATE my gym in the evening (it's packed, the DBs are out, it's a mess, etc.). That said, I can easily do a Thursday-Sunday 4-day split (which is what I'm trying out this week).

Anyone have any (informed) opinion on a 4-on, 3-off schedule?
BigFrank 04:04 PM 01-30-2011
Sorry I've been rather absent from the thread guys. I have a huge school project not to mention I'm in the process of buying a house, so my free-time is at an all time low. Still busting my bawls in the Gym. Hope you're all doing the same.
PeteSB75 08:24 AM 02-03-2011
Dokk, don't see any reason why not. You might be a little sore from previous days, but you'll get used to it. Just order your workouts so you don't hit similar muscle groups two days in a row. I

Been a crazy week for me. Spin sunday, back monday, chest tuesday. Off yesterday, overslept today, so legs and shoulders tomorrow.
GreekGodX 12:09 PM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Having a hard time figuring out my schedule this semester; but I *think* I finally figured it out. What do y'all think about a 4-on, 3-off schedule. My problem is that Monday is completely shot as I'm occupied with teaching, meetings, and prep from 8am to 9pm+. Tuesday morning, chances are I'm still tuckered out from Monday. Wednesday, I'm on campus early again. I *could* go in Tuesday and Wednesday evenings ... but I HATE my gym in the evening (it's packed, the DBs are out, it's a mess, etc.). That said, I can easily do a Thursday-Sunday 4-day split (which is what I'm trying out this week).

Anyone have any (informed) opinion on a 4-on, 3-off schedule?
My only concern would be frequency. I like to hit muscle groups twice a week. Otherwise you should be fine.
Ender 10:56 PM 02-11-2011
Question. Flat bench flies or slight inclined flies?
Patrick B 04:58 AM 02-12-2011
I usually don't do any flat bench work as it hurts my shoulders. I have at least a little bit of incline on any chest work I do. Not saying that flat or decline stuff isn't good, it just isn't good for me.
Ender 12:22 PM 02-13-2011
I'm wondering if anyone had some pros or cons regarding chest development. Right now I do flies at a slight incline to help hit both the inner and upper chest.
mosesbotbol 12:48 PM 02-13-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I usually don't do any flat bench work as it hurts my shoulders.
With a barbell? Can you do a strict push up without shoulder pain? Incling the bench pushes the wait more towards the shoulders than when flat.
PeteSB75 06:35 AM 02-14-2011
Heavy back work this morning. Deadlifts, lat pulldowns and then row, row, rowing :-)
potlimit 09:50 AM 02-14-2011
Thought I would mention this here...

I am by no means a proponent of chiropractic, but my girlfriend convinced me to go see her chiro because he uses a technique called Graston. Basically it's just a tool that's like a tongue depressor made out of steel, which he "scrapes" my muscle with. Pretty damn painful, but for me it has really been worth the pain.

I've lifted for about 18 years (seriously for a while as I played Div. 1 football), but I made two major mistakes: 1) I RARELY stretched and; 2) For some reason I hated lifting back so I ended up working out chest twice as much as back. Without getting into an anatomy lesson, this has caused probelms for both. And of late it's really caused problems with my traps, leading all the way up my neck. That tightness has effected EVERY workout. The Graston has basically worked to break up some of that scar tissue, and act like several stretching sessions condensed in to 1. Undeniably noticeable difference in my workouts.

Just my two pennies, hope it helps someone else.
Mase
Ender 12:25 PM 02-14-2011
Please excuse my ignorance but it's unclear to me how scar tissue is equated/related to not stretching.
potlimit 01:06 PM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by Ender:
Please excuse my ignorance but it's unclear to me how scar tissue is equated/related to not stretching.
The simple answer is without stretching you're more susceptible to tears/pulls... tears/pulls = scars, body's response to scars = scar tissue. That's what I've been led to believe, could be wrong and frequently am.
Page 257 of 350
« First < 157207247255256257 258259267307 > Last »
Up