Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 253 of 351
« First < 153203243251252253 254255263303 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Jbailey 06:59 PM 02-21-2011
central waters bourbon barrel barleywine
BigCat 07:55 PM 02-21-2011
I tried all of the rest of the beers in the arcadia sampler I picked up the other day - the scotch ale, the IPA and the pale ale. All were pretty good - none were great.
W.B. 08:07 PM 02-21-2011
A couple of Sprecher's Reserve Russian Imperial Stout's and an Illusione 4/2g Slam.
cricky101 08:52 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
It was fun, but could've been better. Two Duluth micros were there too. Carmody's (they are located about a block west of fitgers) and Thirsty Pagan. Carmody's had an awesome ipa, and thirsty pagan had an incredible espresso stout.
I had a bottle of Kayak Kolsch from the Lake Shore Brewing Company out of Duluth at the place I stayed. Not bad, but wasn't really in the mood for a Kolsch. I didn't realize there was so much beer coming out of Duluth.
Stick 09:43 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by BigCat:
I tried all of the rest of the beers in the arcadia sampler I picked up the other day - the scotch ale, the IPA and the pale ale. All were pretty good - none were great.
I tend to agree, although if you see any of their Barrel Aged Shipwreck Porter I think it's worth picking up. Kinda pricey (around $5/ 12 oz IIRC) but that's for a 12% baltic porter. I thought it was tasty, although it definitely can use some time to mellow - lots of whisky flavors right now.
W.B. 04:10 PM 02-22-2011
Today, I went to 3 Floyds brewpub. It's about an hour away from from my place and is totally worth the drive on occasion. I had a Gumballhead American Pale Wheat and a Brian Boru Irish Red on tap. Both were very tasty; but their burgers and fries are awesome. Apart from the garnish I asked them to add some goat cheese and a fried egg, freakin' delicious! And their fries are the some of the best I have ever had. Looking forward to the next time I head back.
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:29 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by W.B.:
Today, I went to 3 Floyds brewpub. It's about an hour away from from my place and is totally worth the drive on occasion. I had a Gumballhead American Pale Wheat and a Brian Boru Irish Red on tap. Both were very tasty; but their burgers and fries are awesome. Apart from the garnish I asked them to add some goat cheese and a fried egg, freakin' delicious! And their fries are the some of the best I have ever had. Looking forward to the next time I head back.
Did they still have the goat tacos? Those were great.
BeerAdvocate 06:18 PM 02-22-2011
2009 SweetWater Festive Ale and Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout
Jbailey 06:49 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by W.B.:
Their fries are cooked with Alpha King if I remember correctly.:-)
awsmith4 07:02 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
2009 SweetWater Festive Ale and Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout
GA beers :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:40 PM 02-22-2011
Bell's Hopslam
awsmith4 07:42 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Bell's Hopslam
Me too!
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:44 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Me too!
I have maybe 2 bottles left, and that's it till' next year. It sucks.
How about you?
awsmith4 07:52 PM 02-22-2011
I have maybe 2 bottles left, and that's it till' next year. It sucks.
How about you?
Same, two bottles. However I have more Founder's Double Trouble and its a formidable substitute IMHO
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:05 PM 02-22-2011
Same, two bottles. However I have more Founder's Double Trouble and its a formidable substitute IMHO
I agree, Double Trouble is great as well.
awsmith4 08:07 PM 02-22-2011
I agree, Double Trouble is great as well.
We still have a good bit on shelves here, I think I will pick up more this weekend. I also think I will follow Gerard's lead and brew a clone
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:09 PM 02-22-2011
We still have a good bit on shelves here, I think I will pick up more this weekend. I also think I will follow Gerard's lead and brew a clone
Have you seen Founders Imperial Stout?
awsmith4 08:16 PM 02-22-2011
Have you seen Founders Imperial Stout?
Very limited this year but I was able to pick up a 4er
kaisersozei 09:23 AM 02-23-2011
After 7+ days of active fermentation, I racked to secondary yesterday and added 24 oz honey. The beer was sitting at 1.021 and tasted great. Formed another nice head of krausen overnight and it was percolating away. Will keep it in the secondary for about a month, dry hopping along the way.

If you do this, I would highly recommend harvesting the yeast from one of the Hopslam bottles. Bell's says you can harvest from their Amber Ale or substitute Wyeast California I, but there's something different about the actual Hopslam yeast. I can't describe it, but the beer tastes very very good. I'm excited. :-) I salvaged some from the primary, and if I could figure out a way to ship some to you without risk, I'd do it. Probably easier to just grow your own.
awsmith4 09:47 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
After 7+ days of active fermentation, I racked to secondary yesterday and added 24 oz honey. The beer was sitting at 1.021 and tasted great. Formed another nice head of krausen overnight and it was percolating away. Will keep it in the secondary for about a month, dry hopping along the way.

If you do this, I would highly recommend harvesting the yeast from one of the Hopslam bottles. Bell's says you can harvest from their Amber Ale or substitute Wyeast California I, but there's something different about the actual Hopslam yeast. I can't describe it, but the beer tastes very very good. I'm excited. :-) I salvaged some from the primary, and if I could figure out a way to ship some to you without risk, I'd do it. Probably easier to just grow your own.
Growing my own sounds like a fun new challenge :-)
Page 253 of 351
« First < 153203243251252253 254255263303 > Last »
Up