Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 352
« First < 15232425 26273575125 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
G G 07:55 PM 03-09-2009
I get so mad when I repeatedly hear some one on the news in Jacksonville make the comment that such and such a gun was not "registered". THERE IS NO GUN REGISTRY IN FLORIDA. Rant off.:-)
floydpink 08:54 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Actually, it is only $25 a year if you use this link: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR018983 The NRA set up an affiliate agreement with AR15.com and you get a $10 discount if you use the link above :-)

If you are into guns, you should definitely be a NRA member right now. This is the most important time to be a member. There is a lot of crap in the works that the new administration will try to get passed.
I'd have to say in my 40 something years, it certainly is.
The NRA is fighting the good fight and I am on their side.
pearson 08:59 PM 03-09-2009
Got to go shooting this weekend with the new silencer (AAC M4-2000)
the first one is me the second one is my little brother.

Siebec 09:49 PM 03-09-2009
Going for my CCW training this weekend. I can't wait to finally be able to carry.
M1903A1 10:14 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by pearson:

What is the transfer tax on silencers now? Is it $5 or $200?
JE3146 10:21 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
What is the transfer tax on silencers now? Is it $5 or $200?
5$ is for an AOW
200$ for Suppressor/machinge gun
Catfish 04:39 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by O-Danger:
I have been working on geting my gun license for the past 3 years. Not to say that this could not have been done easier (some can get it in as little as 3 months) but I am a little lazy. First you have to take a class on gun saftey, then you write a written test, then you perform a practical test. After this you fill out 2 forms, one for long guns (unrestricted) and one for handguns (restricted). You then send these forms along with your proof of completing the saftey course and proof of being a registered member at a gun club (if applying for a handgun license) 3 character references, and a smiling picture of yourself:-). They then do a full background check on you and see that you arn't in the loony bin or out to hurt anyone. If you are lucky you recieve your licence back in 3 months, if your not it can take much much longer. Once you get your license back you have the regional chief of firearms come over to your house and inspect that you have proper storage for your firearms as not to have them stolen (of course seprate facilities for guns and amunition). You then get to buy your guns. Rifles take about a couple days to have the registration filled out and handguns can take a week or two. You are now the proud owner of a gun. Oh wait there are even more resitrictions.
Handguns may only be transported from locked safe, to firing range in a locked container... this is to say there is no such thing as a permit to carry.
You are not allowed to own any automatic weapons (not a big surprise here) or converted automatic weapons of any kind. Any handgun must have a barrel that is 5" in length or more (no snub nose). Handguns have a maximum ammo cap at 10 rounds (even if they can hold more mags have to be converted to 10 max). Rifles can only have 5 rounds... No tactical/ zombie hunting weapons for me
That is just flat out ridiculous.
elderboy02 04:46 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
That is just flat out ridiculous.
Yep. I feel sorry for you Canadians. Here it takes about 5 minutes total.
Catfish 04:51 AM 03-10-2009
But, they do get access to some nice stogies. Nah, check that. I'll keep my guns. :-)
bonjing 09:02 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by pearson:
the joys of living in a free state :-)
Tombstone 10:46 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
the joys of living in a free state :-)
We are all free...this is America right? LOL!!!!
smokeyandthebandit05 10:59 AM 03-10-2009
Has anyone dealt with mitchell's mausers? Im interested in ordering a K98 and was wondering how they went about shipping and/or if I need to have it sent to a FFL.

http://www.mauser.org/
357 11:09 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
We are all free...this is America right? LOL!!!!
Some believe the Constitution only applys in certain states. That is why organizations like the NRA are necessary.
Junior 12:49 PM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I get so mad when I repeatedly hear some one on the news in Jacksonville make the comment that such and such a gun was not "registered". THERE IS NO GUN REGISTRY IN FLORIDA. Rant off.:-)
This is off topic from your post, but I have a question. Isn't it legal to carry a firearm in your glove compartment in FL?
JE3146 12:53 PM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Has anyone dealt with mitchell's mausers? Im interested in ordering a K98 and was wondering how they went about shipping and/or if I need to have it sent to a FFL.

http://www.mauser.org/
Only complaints I've ever heard of was that they were expensive.

Prices seem to be on par now that everything is rising. They seemed to have stayed the same or even decreased.

To order it you'll either need to be an 03FFL yourself, or have it shipped to an 01FFL.
357 01:24 PM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
This is off topic from your post, but I have a question. Isn't it legal to carry a firearm in your glove compartment in FL?
Hell thanks to revision of CCW laws in Michigan, I can legally carry someone elses pistol. As long as they lend it to me and it's legally registered.
Junior 03:20 PM 03-10-2009
Here is a good one. I am a FFL, and just got my new disk with all the state and federal laws on it. When I opened it up they are the 2007 laws. Last time I checked it is 2009.
Thrak 03:25 PM 03-10-2009
At least its not 1995 laws...
JE3146 03:53 PM 03-10-2009
Here is a good one. I am a FFL, and just got my new disk with all the state and federal laws on it. When I opened it up they are the 2007 laws. Last time I checked it is 2009.
Bottom of the disc says Revised September 2008.

:-)
floydpink 04:51 PM 03-10-2009
Yes it is, even if you do NOT have a CCW. The only requirement is that you have it in a holster with a strap, which doesn't make a lot of sense, but is the law.

I carried like this for years before finally getting my permit and was told to make sure to let a LEO know it's there if you get pulled over, which isn't actually a law.
Page 25 of 352
« First < 15232425 26273575125 > Last »
Up