Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 27
« First < 15232425 2627 >
Entertainment>LOST Notes
tomc3084 10:06 PM 05-23-2010
I missed the damn thing and I was even posting on this thread while it was on, I am such a dumbass....anyone tape it? I know I can watch it online the day after it airs, but its not the same..FUDGE!
[Reply]
MikeyC 10:12 PM 05-23-2010
An absolutely awesome series finale. Not all questions were a swedes in the end but I'm still pretty satisfied. In the end the mysteries of the island were less important than a great story about people.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:30 PM 05-23-2010
I'm LOST.
[Reply]
Goldie 11:58 PM 05-23-2010
I wanted to have my questions about the island answered, rather than get such a story about the people. Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong thing?
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:45 AM 05-24-2010
Were the polar bears dead too???:-)

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
JE3146 12:47 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:
I wanted to have my questions about the island answered, rather than get such a story about the people. Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong thing?
You missed the big picture... big time.

The ending, while not immediately predictable was obviously rememberable.

And to people focusing on rope lengths... just wow.
[Reply]
JE3146 12:53 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by tomc3084:
I missed the damn thing and I was even posting on this thread while it was on, I am such a dumbass....anyone tape it? I know I can watch it online the day after it airs, but its not the same..FUDGE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=wSdv...eature=related
[Reply]
kugie 05:50 AM 05-24-2010
i'm not sure what to think :-)
I will have to watch it again
[Reply]
Brutus2600 05:56 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:

I'm not entirely sure he did miss the big picture. Yes, I realize the finale was saying "oh hey, it's about the people, not about the island" but then why for SIX YEARS have they made it all about the island? Yes there was a great storyline about people and their life's journies, and I did appreciate the finale from that aspect, but the show was also about the island and I think they really didn't finish the show's story by leaving out any sort of explanation about the island :-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 06:30 AM 05-24-2010
I didn't see the finale ... did the professor finally get them off?

[Reply]
Goldie 08:51 AM 05-24-2010

Unfortunately, the big picture isn't what has left me with the most questions. I can follow the story line (Sort of I guess, this is Lost after all) , but I would like several things explained in regards to the island, and some of the occurrences that happened. I feel as though the writers were able to brush things under the rug, that LOTS of fans wanted to have explained.

And lots of people have an inquisitive nature, so when we do focus on "rope lengths", that's our right to do so. No need to be brash. Just as it is your right to focus on the bigger picture.

And I have to agree with Brian, for 6 seasons, the show was about the island as a primary, so when they don't explain anything about the island in the finale, it is probably frustrating to a lot of people. I also think a lot of people want closure, where some people want to draw their own conclusion or interpretation, and that's fine. That's what makes us different from each other. But I am a closure person, so I would like things spelled out for me.

But when it's all said and done, the series was amazing, and truly will be hard to out do.

:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:55 AM 05-24-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dannysguitar 09:04 AM 05-24-2010
I kinda feel the same way. The island story was kinda resolved. Hurley was left in charge until he dies, and so on. I just can't wrap my head around all of the questions I still have about the island and it's mythical properties. I guess in the end the show was a story about Jack and his redemption. The rest was just extra stuff to keep us entertained in the meantime...
[Reply]
Beagleone 09:07 AM 05-24-2010
I think the Simpsons said it best last night with this opening sequence:

Seriously, I did have to grapple with it in my mind for a while, but I do get it. The show ends as it begins and it made some sense to me. It was about choice and it was Jack who had to make that choice, something they hinted at all season long: Jack had to let go. Rose said that to him in the first episode this season and several others said it in one way or another. The producers already knew that not all of the questions would be answered, but that will fuel the debate of "Lost" for years to come.
[Reply]
weak_link 09:41 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
I'm not entirely sure he did miss the big picture. Yes, I realize the finale was saying "oh hey, it's about the people, not about the island" but then why for SIX YEARS have they made it all about the island? Yes there was a great storyline about people and their life's journies, and I did appreciate the finale from that aspect, but the show was also about the island and I think they really didn't finish the show's story by leaving out any sort of explanation about the island :-)
THIS.

1-10 I give it a 4.5.

At least we know that Vincent is the grim reaper.
[Reply]
Eleven 10:04 AM 05-24-2010
Now that I have had time to think about it, I get *most* of it.

Ben's ending confused me a little, and why were some of the Losties left out of the Church reunion? Like Ann Lucia? I have to look again, but was Daniel in the Church? Desmond told his mother that Daniel wasn't coming with them if I recall correctly.

I'm OK with not being told the entire story/history/reason for the Island itself, it allows for speculation.

And now that I think of it, the best part of all were the scenes as the credits ran. I have to go back and look at those closely. At first I thought it was a look at the first Oceanic crash, the scenes from the First Episode, but now I think it was actually the plane that had Lapidus, Kate, Sawyer and the others on it.

Can't wait on the detailed notes to show up here.
[Reply]
JE3146 10:38 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Now that I have had time to think about it, I get *most* of it.

Ben's ending confused me a little, and why were some of the Losties left out of the Church reunion? Like Ann Lucia? I have to look again, but was Daniel in the Church? Desmond told his mother that Daniel wasn't coming with them if I recall correctly.

I'm OK with not being told the entire story/history/reason for the Island itself, it allows for speculation.

And now that I think of it, the best part of all were the scenes as the credits ran. I have to go back and look at those closely. At first I thought it was a look at the first Oceanic crash, the scenes from the First Episode, but now I think it was actually the plane that had Lapidus, Kate, Sawyer and the others on it.

Can't wait on the detailed notes to show up here.

You'll notice every person 'found' each other before 'leaving.'

The obvious destiny of Daniel was to be with Charlotte, but both were never truly together, whether separated by time, space or death.

Each person found happiness. They found resolve and they proceeded onward. Not every person had resolve yet, and as Hurley pointed out, Anna Lucia wasn't 'ready' yet.

I didn't see Michael and Walt in that room either. I didn't see Charle's Widmore either, so I'm hoping neither of them will show up in a repeat viewing and blow my idea to hell, which is entirely possible.

And for the record, the Target commercials were genius. :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 10:41 AM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
I kinda feel the same way. The island story was kinda resolved. Hurley was left in charge until he dies, and so on. I just can't wrap my head around all of the questions I still have about the island and it's mythical properties. I guess in the end the show was a story about Jack and his redemption. The rest was just extra stuff to keep us entertained in the meantime...
Groups of people inhabited the island for decades/centuries looking for clues to the island's mysteries. To the people protecting it, it boiled down to Faith.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 11:00 AM 05-24-2010
Groups of people inhabited the island for decades/centuries looking for clues to the island's mysteries. To the people protecting it, it boiled down to Faith.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder how Jacob got off the Island all the time....
[Reply]
Volt 11:08 AM 05-24-2010
So, I have never seen an issue of Lost, what did I miss?
[Reply]
Page 25 of 27
« First < 15232425 2627 >
Up