Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 43
« First < 15232425 262735 > Last »
Entertainment>Walking Dead Season 2
bonjing 11:00 AM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Couple that with the movie I just watched the other night "The Dead"....Africa is over-run with zombies. A new
twist on zombie movies. And they are EVERYWHERE. There is hardly a scen in the movie withut one slow-walking.
The last white man on the continent it seems is in a plane crash, he waked up on the beach, get's a gun and a mag.
He walks off. Later he runs into a dead soldier. I would have taken ten minutes searching every pocket that man
had for more rounds, AND taken the pistol in his web gear.
BUT NOOOoooooo. They never do, do they?
So was the movie any good? Is it worth buying or wait for netflix/hbo?
OLS 11:31 AM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by bonjing:
So was the movie any good? Is it worth buying or wait for netflix/hbo?
If you read up on it online, it gives it a lot more praise than it deserves. Scale of 1-10...a 5.
If you like the zombie genre, as you must, you are in this thread, then yes, if it's a buck for a rental,
sure watch it. It is not a bad movie. Just the setting itself is interesting. However, I was constantly
wondering, "Where are the animals?" There are two animals in the movie, both chickens. You see
the protag. walking around and you think, that MF better watch out or a leopard is gonna get him.
And you know that animals are faster than zombies, so surely they are SOMEWHERE. But not a
one. Maybe putting animals in a movie like this would have cost too much.
Powers 12:03 PM 02-17-2012
However, I was constantly
wondering, "Where are the animals?"
This is one of my main, easily rectifiable, qualms of the Walking Dead. A pack of dogs would be invaluable to a group. Even if it was just ankle-bitter dogs they would allow the group to sleep in peace as it would growl at the sound of a twig breaking while a dog of any size could easily take down a slow moseying walker. In the long run, I'd definitely take my rottweiler over a pistol. More stealth, doesn't need ammo, and can protect ya while u sleep. Hopefully in upcoming episodes/seasons they'll add in this dynamic, I could definitely see Darrel with a pitbull sidekick

:-)
OLS 12:13 PM 02-17-2012
Now keep in mind I am referring, with my thread-jacking ways, to a movie called The Dead in that statement.
But yeah, where ARE the animals in TWD? Surely a dog is faster than a zombie. Maybe they get em when they
are asleep.
Digs 01:24 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
This is one of my main, easily rectifiable, qualms of the Walking Dead. A pack of dogs would be invaluable to a group. Even if it was just ankle-bitter dogs they would allow the group to sleep in peace as it would growl at the sound of a twig breaking while a dog of any size could easily take down a slow moseying walker. In the long run, I'd definitely take my rottweiler over a pistol. More stealth, doesn't need ammo, and can protect ya while u sleep. Hopefully in upcoming episodes/seasons they'll add in this dynamic, I could definitely see Darrel with a pitbull sidekick

Was thinking about this, but wouldn't the dog by bitting them infect himself?

If not I would take my Weimeraner over anyone in the group to stand gaurd at night.
Digs 01:34 PM 02-17-2012
Now keep in mind I am referring, with my thread-jacking ways, to a movie called The Dead in that statement.
But yeah, where ARE the animals in TWD? Surely a dog is faster than a zombie. Maybe they get em when they
are asleep.

I say we draft a letter to the producer demanding answer! :-):-)
1. Were the dog
2. Why aren’t they picking up the military’s weapons?
3….
4….
Powers 03:05 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
Was thinking about this, but wouldn't the dog by bitting them infect himself?

If not I would take my Weimeraner over anyone in the group to stand gaurd at night.
They haven't alluded in the show whether animals get infected or not. The group hasn't ran across any and I don't remember any zombie movies where animals can get infected. In most movies a human can get infected if the animal has zombie blood on it and the blood gets into the human's bloodstream. Like in 28 Days later when the guy gets in infected from the crow dropping blood in his eye :-)
OLS 06:35 PM 02-17-2012
I am watching the show again tonight, withdrawals mostly. But I noticed a couple things I wasn't thinking about.
A.) not only did Rick kind of set Herschell to thinking right, it slipped my thought process that he also saved his life.
Herschell would not have taken them to the farm, they'd have killed him, either outright or when he refused to take
them to his home.

B.) This whole Lori storyline kind of pi55es me off now. Because we have to deal with the whole drama of this
and how it works out. She wrecks one of the Greene's cars. She hurts herself badly. They have to sit there and
mope around while SHE goes through a recovery. i.e.....more wasted time. Of course there are some that say
"Why do you think hanging at the farm is wasting time? Going back on the road is just going to get people killed."
Duh...that's what makes the show exciting, haha. And the whole conflict dynamic of get the hell out/no, we want
to say
is show-stuff, too. I just like it out onthe road better. I guess we'll see.
kelmac07 12:03 PM 02-19-2012
I like it out on the road better. While the farm has been nice...it's getting old. MORE ZOMBIES ON THE ROAD!!!
irratebass 12:53 PM 02-19-2012
With Mac on this one, time for new scenery
kelmac07 08:26 PM 02-19-2012
Nice episode tonight. Looks like Shane and Rick are going to go at it next week. Still disappointed that there are minimal zombies. All of the sudden, Rick is turning into a bad-a$$...it's about time.
Taki 08:57 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice episode tonight. Looks like Shane and Rick are going to go at it next week. Still disappointed that there are minimal zombies. All of the sudden, Rick is turning into a bad-a$$...it's about time.
Amen brother :-)
Skywalker 01:04 AM 02-20-2012
Great episode tonight!:-)

The preview for next week looks very interesting!!!
:-):-)
irratebass 04:16 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
I say we draft a letter to the producer demanding answer! :-):-)
1. Were the dog
2. Why aren’t they picking up the military’s weapons?
3….
4….
You can always call in on Talking Dead.

Last night's episode was pretty stellar, other than Lori's stupid sh!t, sorry I didn't like her in the comic and I don't like here on the show.

Pretty intense scene outside the bar eh? I would have left though.

Now we have Maggie and Glenn's drama :-)

Next episode between Rick & Shane is something I have been waiting for.
Hem 04:26 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
You can always call in on Talking Dead.

Last night's episode was pretty stellar, other than Lori's stupid sh!t, sorry I didn't like her in the comic and I don't like here on the show.

Pretty intense scene outside the bar eh? I would have left though.

Now we have Maggie and Glenn's drama :-)

Next episode between Rick & Shane is something I have been waiting for.
Amen to that. Great episode! I have been a big fan of how Shane gets things done...but tonight he just sounded like a psychopath when he was talking to Olive Oil and Rick is stepping up..bout time.
OLS 02:48 PM 02-20-2012
Oh joy, I get to go home and burn last week and this week onto a disc and then watch this week in glorious
zombie-slurping surround sound. Glip, glop slurp, slap, chop, blam, gurgle.
Powers 03:25 PM 02-20-2012
Great episode! Plenty of zombies and tense moments.

I'm not as hard on Lori as seems to be the common opinion. I thought she matured, toughened up and lost a good bit of her naivety this episode, she was resourceful and forceful in killing those two zombies and, instead of whining in the fetal position waiting to be rescued afterwards, she continued to try and find Rick. Other than Andrea, none of the other women of the group have been as independent and assertive.

As far as what I could see happening, I think once they find Merle (which I can not wait for) we could see an alliance of the "hard@sses/end-justifies-the-means" group of Merle, Shane and Andrea against the "keeping our humanity/moral code" people of Rick, Glenn, Dale and Daryl.

After all, that's what the show is really about, right? It asks the audience is it the question of surviving at all costs or is how you survive important?

irratebass 04:41 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
Great episode! Plenty of zombies and tense moments.

As far as what I could see happening, I think once they find Merle (which I can not wait for) we could see an alliance of the "hard@sses/end-justifies-the-means" group of Merle, Shane and Andrea against the "keeping our humanity/moral code" people of Rick, Glenn, Dale and Daryl.

After all, that's what the show is really about, right? It asks the audience is it the question of surviving at all costs or is how you survive important?

Interesting, I wonder if Merle is the "leader" of this other pack :-)
OLS 07:11 PM 02-20-2012
And once again, we see that you have to get into town to find any zombies. Good show. A lot of dark show
which I don't much care for. I like to see my TV. But man, what a parallel to Game of Thrones, with Lori the Hori
whispering from behind Rick about Shane, planting the seed. There was a stretch of 5-8 minutes where every man
in the show put their women down with a frown. The men all left the room and left their women with mouths agape.
Interesting that in the end, the polarizing women both basically laid out what they intend their men to do for them.
And man is it headed for a showdown.
Powers 07:23 PM 02-20-2012
There was a stretch of 5-8 minutes where every man
in the show put their women down with a frown. The men all left the room and left their women with mouths agape.
Interesting that in the end, the polarizing women both basically laid out what they intend their men to do for them.
I might be reading too much into it but I think the show captures an old school conservative Southern patriarchal society. All the male characters pretty much call the shots with the women as domestic help, although Lori and Andrea are starting to brake the mold. Yet it does kinda grate my nerves that according to the show, all Southerners drive mostly old vehicles etc. If you watch closely you'll notice that the TV in Hershel's home looks like its black and white from the 70s :-)
Page 25 of 43
« First < 15232425 262735 > Last »
Up