Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 104
« First < 15232425 26273575 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
taltos 01:29 PM 04-04-2009
The officials have totally lost control of this game and made some weak calls. Just as in the NFL, I can only pray for the day when the NHL has professional officials. I guess that it will happen about as soon as Formula 1 stewards don't play politics.
taltos 01:38 PM 04-04-2009
Bruins just clinched the Eastern Division. Great job with a 1 - 0 win against the Rangers.:-)
icehog3 04:00 PM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Tom, if you are watching the game, I would put a vote in for banning Avery for that stick in the back of Thomas' head. When he comes out of the box, I suspect that Lucic or Chiara will get pay back.:-)
I can't stomach it when I hear anybody try to defend that guy (i.e., "He's a great agitator", etc), Paul. If I was in the league I would knock his block off.
SmokeyJoe 10:03 PM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I can't stomach it when I hear anybody try to defend that guy (i.e., "He's a great agitator", etc), Paul. If I was in the league I would knock his block off.
Avery is a black-eye for hockey. His play is not simply "aggressive" or "hustle." IMHO he is a goon and a weasel and an embarrasment for the sport.

:-)
SmokeyJoe 10:09 PM 04-04-2009
A little love for my Hurricanes...

1) They beat Sid the Kid in overtime.
2) They are in the playoffs with this win - no matter what.
3) They are on a franchise-record winning streak!

icehog3 10:10 PM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Avery is a black-eye for hockey. His play is not simply "aggressive" or "hustle." IMHO he is a goon and a weasel and an embarrasment for the sport.

:-)
Agreed...."Goons" per se don't bother me (though it is impossible for an old school goon to make the NHL anymore, they have to have skills in this day and age), but his bush-league BS is just a mockery of the sport.
icehog3 10:11 PM 04-04-2009

2) They are in the playoffs with this win - no matter what.
3) They are on a franchise-record winning streak!
Welcome to the greatest postseason in sports, 'canes! Congrats! :-)
SmokeyJoe 10:21 PM 04-04-2009
Agreed...."Goons" per se don't bother me (though it is impossible for an old school goon to make the NHL anymore, they have to have skills in this day and age), but his bush-league BS is just a mockery of the sport.
Good point... and I don't have a problem with a team having a few big uglies who can get down, if necessary. That is certainly not Avery's role. Agitator? Please! What he does is disrespectful of the game in my eyes. :-)

Welcome to the greatest postseason in sports, 'canes! Congrats! :-)
I am excited! Already had the playoff tickets paid for... and we are peaking right now. The addition of Eric Cole has been seamless and the 'Canes are playing with a lot of energy. The game tonight was incredible!

Gotta give it up for the Pittsburgh fans, tonight. They showed up in force (probably 25 % of the crowd) and cheered passionately. Enjoyed having them. Now Buffalo fans... that's a different story. :-)
gpugliese 10:46 PM 04-04-2009
I never really was a fan of Avery until he joined the Rangers. His antics get out of hand often times, but I feel as if the Otts, Ruutus and Tootoos are worse. Sean does stupid stuff to irritate, but I don't think I've seen him go headhunting and attempt to put someone out of the game like I've seen Ruutu & Ott do on multiple occaisions.
loki 11:19 PM 04-04-2009

pretty impressive that it took an entire team to beat one man............
loki 11:20 PM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
I never really was a fan of Avery until he joined the Rangers. His antics get out of hand often times, but I feel as if the Otts, Ruutus and Tootoos are worse. Sean does stupid stuff to irritate, but I don't think I've seen him go headhunting and attempt to put someone out of the game like I've seen Ruutu & Ott do on multiple occaisions.
your user text says it all
icehog3 11:23 PM 04-04-2009
Simmer down now. :-)
bugmenot 12:14 AM 04-05-2009
Missed the sharks/ducks game, but heard it was domination, any of you guys see it? Hopefully they can put up a fight tomorrow night, as I'm sure the game will get a lot more intense. Back to back games against the same team, and the same division, should be good.
icehog3 05:57 PM 04-05-2009
Unbelievable goaltending by Steve Mason and Nic Khabibulin in today's Jackets/Hawks game....too many highlight saves to fit on one reel!

Rookie of the Year candidate Kris Versteeg beats Rookie of the Year candidate Mason with the game's only goal at 3:10 of Overtime. Hawks now have 3 more points than Vancouver and Calgary with 3 games to play....home ice for round 1 is looking good.

Rangers and Panthers are tied for the 8th spot with 89 points with 3 games to play. Rangers have the tie-breaker with 1 more win. Should be an awesome week of hockey.....Go Panthers!! (One of there goalies is a friend of mine).
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:59 PM 04-05-2009
Unbelievable goaltending by Chris Mason and Nic Khabibulin in today's Jackets/Hawks game....too many highlight saves to fit on one reel!

Rookie of the Year candidate Kris Versteeg beats Rookie of the Year candidate Mason with the game's only goal at 3:10 of Overtime. Hawks now have 3 more points than Vancouver and Calgary with 3 games to play....home ice for round 1 is looking good.

Rangers and Panthers are tied for the 8th spot with 89 points with 3 games to play. Rangers have the tie-breaker with 1 more win. Should be an awesome week of hockey.....Go Panthers!! (One of there goalies is a friend of mine).

Home Ice is ours:-)
icehog3 06:08 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Home Ice is ours:-)
I heard Brian Campbell used to be able to hit. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Gvfr9GUC0&NR=1
jonharky 06:23 PM 04-05-2009
I just have to say go Red Wings!! Just hope they can solve their goalie troubles as of late they havent been doing to good
icehog3 06:27 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by jonharky:
I just have to say go Red Wings!! Just hope they can solve their goalie troubles as of late they havent been doing to good
Wings are my second favorite team, but I just don't see them coming out of the West this year.
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:43 PM 04-05-2009
I heard Brian Campbell used to be able to hit. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Gvfr9GUC0&NR=1
:-):-)
SmokeyJoe 06:46 PM 04-05-2009
... Should be an awesome week of hockey.....Go Panthers!! (One of there goalies is a friend of mine).
How cool is that! Can't wait for the playoffs... :-)
Page 25 of 104
« First < 15232425 26273575 > Last »
Up