Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 35
« First < 15232425 2627 > Last »
Sports>WHO DEY!!!! Bengals fans check in!!!!
elderboy02 11:50 AM 01-31-2011
They fired Bob Bratkowski :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:45 PM 01-31-2011
Wow, finally the franchise has taken a step toward being competitive. A sad day for AFC North Defensive Coordinators. Now they won't know what play to expect next. Now if they can just hire someone who knows football and get some offensive weapons who actually want to play football, they might be OK. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:08 AM 02-04-2011
What do you all think about them hiring Jay Gruden as OC? I don't know much about him, but I am all for him as long as Bratkowski is out of there.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:53 PM 02-04-2011
Good hire. Anything that is more complicated than Bratkowski will be an improvement. His youthful approach should go a long way in the attempt to maintain Carson and Cedric. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:07 PM 02-04-2011
Bringing in the West Coast style offense (just a buzz word, like "spread") should be good for a group of young, talented WR's and a QB who is accurate when throwing to people who run the correct routes. Not a lot of homeruns, but a very good balance will be helpful to the people that are coming back. Cedric should enjoy more carries and Carson won't be forced to get 25+ looks to Chad and TO per game. A good way to ruin this, bring back TO and Chad. Draft a #1 guy (AJ Green) and a LG in the second rd. and they should have a solid offense. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:00 PM 03-02-2011
Carson Palmer is definitely looking on the way out. Good move by him, I hope he retires because Mike Brown is a total ass. He'll come back in a year and go wherever he wants and Mike will get nothing. :-)

Worse news for the Bengals, they might actually draft a QB at #4. With their history of drafting QB's before Carson it could be interesting. Cam Newton will be a nice way to tank the franchise for another 5 years. I have a feeling he could end up like JaMarcus Russell. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:54 PM 03-02-2011
I think Cam Newton would be good. But what do I know... I thought JaMarcus would be good :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 04:42 AM 03-03-2011
Yeah, definitely got bad vibes about this quarterback class in general. Wouldn't even have Newton or Mallett on my board. Gabbert? Hard to say with him. Caveat emptor.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:47 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I think Cam Newton would be good. But what do I know... I thought JaMarcus would be good :-)
Any time you have a good feeling or make a prediction about sports you are wrong. Maybe cheering for Cam Newton isn't the best idea, particularly if they pick him. :-)

Cam Newton will likely end up like Reggie Bush, over hyped out of college, picked way too high, paid too much money and leave the team looking for a way out. And don't forget the losing the Heisman Trophy thing, that likely comes down in the next five years too. Remember, this kid played a single year of football in Division I, no one had a chance to figure him out because it was his first time around. Give Dick LeBeau a chance to game plan against him and he will have that kid sitting on his ass all day. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 06:06 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Any time you have a good feeling or make a prediction about sports you are wrong. Maybe cheering for Cam Newton isn't the best idea, particularly if they pick him. :-)

Cam Newton will likely end up like Reggie Bush, over hyped out of college, picked way too high, paid too much money and leave the team looking for a way out. And don't forget the losing the Heisman Trophy thing, that likely comes down in the next five years too. Remember, this kid played a single year of football in Division I, no one had a chance to figure him out because it was his first time around. Give Dick LeBeau a chance to game plan against him and he will have that kid sitting on his ass all day. :-)
Something tells me Newton will be able to take care of that all by himself...:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:08 PM 03-03-2011
All I know is that I have won more bets against you :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:34 AM 03-04-2011
All I know is that I have won more bets against you :-)
You are 2-1 against me. And O'fer against the spread. Nothing like winning when your team loses. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:43 PM 03-04-2011
You are 2-1 against me. And O'fer against the spread. Nothing like winning when your team loses. :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:00 PM 04-28-2011
The Bengals didn't make the worst pick in the first round. Then again the kid hasn't even played in the NFL yet, so he has time to blow it. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:56 PM 04-28-2011
The Bengals didn't make the worst pick in the first round. Then again the kid hasn't even played in the NFL yet, so he has time to blow it. :-)
:-) We shall see how he does. That one handed catch they showed in his highlight reel was freaking sweet!
[Reply]
Aero95 08:59 PM 04-28-2011
:-) We shall see how he does. That one handed catch they showed in his highlight reel was freaking sweet!
True but we need a good QB to throw it to him :-) Jordan Palmer is not the future IMO.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:06 PM 04-28-2011
I'm surprised the Bungles still have "fans checking in!"
[Reply]
Aero95 09:08 PM 04-28-2011
Ehh no matter how pissed off I am at them I still cheer for them.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:52 AM 06-15-2011
Bengals ranked as the worst franchise in sports by ESPN. :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:24 PM 06-19-2011
Bengals ranked as the worst franchise in sports by ESPN. :-) :-)
Maybe the fandom exhibited by this thread is an indication of why. :-)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 35
« First < 15232425 2627 > Last »
Up