Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 82
« First < 15232425 26273575 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 09:06 PM 01-04-2012
7 games for Carcillo...between his injury and the suspension, he may be gone a long while. 66 grand is salary too.

Good news is the Hawks signed Andrew Shaw, who may fill the role even more effectively than Carcillo.
Bruins Fan 03:40 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
7 games for Carcillo...between his injury and the suspension, he may be gone a long while. 66 grand is salary too.

Good news is the Hawks signed Andrew Shaw, who may fill the role even more effectively than Carcillo.
Something I have wondered a player is hurt and is suspended, but was injured on the job so he is eligible for workers comp which is or was 80% of pay after taxes at least in MA.
The law is the law so Carcillo still should get paid?
357 07:43 AM 01-05-2012
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/standing...KlyXZSxh17vLYF

Wings pulled within 1 point of the Hawks, and two behind Vancouver (although both have played 2 less games than the nucks).

Stats are looking good too.

Wings 128 GF (tied 2nd most), 88 GA (3rd lowest) and the largest GF/GA margin at 40.
Hawks 128 GF, 111 GA
Nucks 134 GF (leads west), 99 GA
Sharks 105, 86 GA (tied for lowest)

Keep in mind Wings & Hawks have played 39 games, Nucks 41, and Sharks 36. I think these are the four best teams in the West. The Blues are not far back, but I'm not sure they can score enough goals to make it deep in the playoffs (39 GP, 99 GF, 86 GA).
GreekGodX 08:08 AM 01-05-2012
I dunno about the Blues. They are tough, play good D and have 2 great goaltenders. That normally means good things in the playoffs.
357 08:12 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I dunno about the Blues. They are tough, play good D and have 2 great goaltenders. That normally means good things in the playoffs.
True, but you still need to be able to put the puck in the net.
icehog3 09:13 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Something I have wondered a player is hurt and is suspended, but was injured on the job so he is eligible for workers comp which is or was 80% of pay after taxes at least in MA.
The law is the law so Carcillo still should get paid?
Carcillo will get paid while he is out injured, John....it is during the 7 game suspension that he forfeits salary.

I gotta agree with Christos, Mike, at this point I would put the Blues right in the mix with the Hawks, Wings, Nucks and Sharks.

I HATE the Canucks....that being said, the line of the Sedins and Burrows is out of control lately, best offensive line in the league the last month.
Eleven 09:39 AM 01-05-2012
You Stay Classy Philadelphia

I hope they find these guys and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
kugie 10:25 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
You Stay Classy Philadelphia

I hope they find these guys and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
Dirt bags
Bruins Fan 07:36 PM 01-05-2012
Bruins destroy the Flames 9-0,Cant wait for the sisters on Saturday especially after they were running their mouths in the paper.
Like the B's need more motivation :-)
Mr.Maduro 08:41 PM 01-05-2012
Congratulations! Sweden...what an incredible game 1-0 over Russia in overtime.
Eleven 08:55 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Congratulations! Sweden...what an incredible game 1-0 over Russia in overtime.
My son's coach is a Swede, he has been driving us crazy this week. My kid was praying that Sweden won, because if not, they would be punished in practice for a loss! lol!

Congrats Sweden!
icehog3 09:59 PM 01-05-2012
Congrats to Sweden!

Hawks lost a heartbreaker to the Flyers, 5-4 with a Flyer goal in the waning seconds. Matchup with the Avs tomorrow, Let's Go Hawks!
Ahbroody 11:14 PM 01-05-2012
This made me laugh so hard my side hurt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iptHI...e_gdata_player
icehog3 11:18 PM 01-05-2012
Nice win by the Sharks, Mike, looks like the Hawks could fall to 4th or 5th in a few days if they don't get off the snide.
icehog3 11:19 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
This made me laugh so hard my side hurt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iptHI...e_gdata_player
Saw the game, the announcers were trying to figure out what Joe was doing too. :-)
Ahbroody 12:15 AM 01-06-2012
Nice win by the Sharks, Mike, looks like the Hawks could fall to 4th or 5th in a few days if they don't get off the snide.
They did not look good in the 3rd against a bad team. It got a little nasty at the end. I am far from sold on these guys. I would not worry. To me the Sharks are far from out of the woods and could easily string together a series of losing games. From what I was told there have been a lot of hard practices and players are not in love with the coach.

Saw the game, the announcers were trying to figure out what Joe was doing too. :-)
That $hit is epic though. I like how he just keeps putting it back in his face because he knows he's going to take it.

Feel bad for the Flames. I thought they couldn't look worse then last night. Boy was I wrong. Watching the replay. There are a lot of bad goals. Irving was in net no puck control rebounds everywhere. That defense of the flames defined no hustle. They just stopped even skating.

Edit looks.like kipper went in and did no better. Love the Roku box with GCL.
Eleven 06:28 AM 01-06-2012
That clip of Big Joe trolling Sedin is priceless!
Bruins Fan 06:44 AM 01-06-2012
Some funny stuff already,Vancouver is whining and the game hasn't even been played.
The ref's wont give them any calls..the 1:00 pm start is not fair. The Bruins always play Saturday matinee games it's not about them:-)
The B's are nothing but a bunch of goons,I think they should check the stat sheet that will tell them who the Bruins are this year.
I'm sure there will be more to come today:-)
yourchoice 06:59 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by kugie:
Dirt bags
:-)
Hawks lost a heartbreaker to the Flyers, 5-4 with a Flyer goal in the waning seconds.
:-):-)

I wasn't able to see much of the game since my daughter had a basketball game, but I did see the last five minutes (and the game highlights). JVR looks like he may finally be coming back around. Of course with Jagr out, being moved into some more opportunistic line combinations helps.
icehog3 09:01 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Feel bad for the Flames. I thought they couldn't look worse then last night. Boy was I wrong. Watching the replay. There are a lot of bad goals. Irving was in net no puck control rebounds everywhere. That defense of the flames defined no hustle. They just stopped even skating.
I wonder if Iginla will accept a trade to a contender?

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Some funny stuff already,Vancouver is whining and the game hasn't even been played.
The ref's wont give them any calls..the 1:00 pm start is not fair. The Bruins always play Saturday matinee games it's not about them:-)
The B's are nothing but a bunch of goons,I think they should check the stat sheet that will tell them who the Bruins are this year.
I'm sure there will be more to come today:-)
Canucks are clowns....hope the Bruins beat 'em but good.
Page 25 of 82
« First < 15232425 26273575 > Last »
Up