Originally Posted by icehog3:
But I don't wanna be Puffy!!

C'mon, Tom.
It's "But I don't wanna be a pirate!"
icehog3 11:16 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
C'mon, Tom.
It's "But I don't wanna be a pirate!"
I know Peter...It is all about the context. :-)
Kreth 11:16 AM 01-14-2009
Hands off, Buster! :-)
For a second there, I thought that was Eddie Van Halen.
pnoon 11:18 AM 01-14-2009
I know Peter...It is all about the context. :-)
icehog3 11:20 AM 01-14-2009

jitzy 11:36 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
I think ours is less time. One of the few perks we got as mods there was exemption from the search time delays (you must wait 30 second thingie). Didn't remember it existed at all until afterwards and then.. arrgh.

I liked your post and agree. Puff will take the place of Cigarlive in my frame of reference (has that feel already). A different more commercial place that has it's value and vibe particularly for folks early in the journey. The videos are cool but lookng at Lopez is starting to make my head hurt almost as bad as reading stuff from KevinG. :-)
the funny thing is Daniel and Jon I feel from reading a lot of there posts more wanted to have more of the CS feel but the reason its starting to get the "Live" feel is cause John has Daniel running both boards so they are both gonna take on Daniels vision for the boards. Having Moded for Daniel on GARlive I wall say you learn a lot about someone when you work with them instead of just talking to them and those are the reasons I felt I had to leave cause there were things that ethicaly I did not like such as password scrambling.

On a separate note and this is not trying to pick a fight with any of the guys over at puff but I find it funny how guys think that by staying there they will "save" what they had I'm sorry but the name of the board does not make the board the members do and the true heart and soul of both CS and CL are here and at outcasts now, so there is no saving there is creating a new forum not the old.

I truly don't wish puff or any of the core members there any ill will nor do I hope they fail but I also don't think they are gonna do any good for the cigar community like Jon and Daniel are trying to claim but it really is just a money maker for Jon and a way for Daniel to do what he said he wanted to do and the reason he started live in the first place and that is make video's and eventually short documentry style movies.

I truly want to thank the TRUE botl that started the offshoot boards to keep a place for us to all come and just talk.
rizzle 11:37 AM 01-14-2009
With my sparse knowledge of the vBulletin software, here is my guess.

Banned members do not appear in the member list presented. However, I would bet that they are included in the total membership (user) count presented on the home page.

Guys like kwagga, stogiefanatic182, and kumarusc are valuable numbers to puff.com but not to the community.
I don't know Peter, I got a chuckle or two out of him.:-)
pnoon 11:41 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by jitzy:
. . . there were things that ethicaly I did not like such as password scrambling.
What is "password scrambling"? And why is it unethical?
(The answer to the first question may answer my second)
BC-Axeman 11:41 AM 01-14-2009
There can never be too much member support.
GKitty 11:43 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
There can never be too much member support.

Nah... too easy.

:-)
MedicCook 11:44 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Wow. He is looking pretty bad there. How about his ex-wife? She is looking pretty good lately.
jitzy 11:59 AM 01-14-2009
What is "password scrambling"? And why is it unethical?
(The answer to the first question may answer my second)
as an admin Daniel would change a members password so they could not log on to the site anymore so that he would not have to ban them but just make it so and I quote " Just make it look like they left" as far as unethical I feel that way cause you agree to a user agreement and he would "cheat" that agreement in his favor
AD720 12:01 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:

http://totallylookslike.com/2008/07/22/eddie-van-halen/
pnoon 12:02 PM 01-14-2009
as an admin Daniel would change a members password so they could not log on to the site anymore so that he would not have to ban them but just make it so and I quote " Just make it look like they left" as far as unethical I feel that way cause you agree to a user agreement and he would "cheat" that agreement in his favor
No need to convince me it's unethical the way he would ban people. Not cool in my book.
jitzy 12:04 PM 01-14-2009
No need to convince me it's unethical the way he would ban people. Not cool in my book.
not cool at all, if you want to ban someone then just do it thats a see you next tuesday way of doing it.
ahc4353 12:04 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by GKitty:

Nah... too easy.

:-)
:-) I like the way you think. :-)
Da Klugs 12:42 PM 01-14-2009
Fair enough, not the bravest of options. Conversely, we have nothing but love for PDS. Character is an evolved trait and we all fall short in the face of adversity at times.

CS is merged and CL soon to follow. It's now old news for us CS folks and soon to be for the CL crowd as well, helps to get closure and be able to move on. This thread could be contrued as a lil "therapy" gettin it out so its.. well over with.
VirtualSmitty 12:44 PM 01-14-2009
Couldn't they just reset their password though? It's a bs way of going about banning people but there is normally a link to forgot your password or some thing along those lines.
jitzy 12:44 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Fair enough. Conversely, we have nothing but love for PDS. Character is an evolved trait and we all fall short in the face of adversity at times.

CS is merged and CL soon to follow. It's now old news for us CS folks and soon to be for the CL crowd as well, helps to get closure and be able to move on. This thread could be contrued as a lil "therapy" gettin it out so its.. well over with.
I can't say anything negative about PDS he truly has nothing to do with any of my feelings about this "merger"
jitzy 12:45 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Couldn't they just reset their password though? It's a bs way of going about banning people but there is normally a link to forgot your password or some thing along those lines.
you can't reset your password if you can't log in

edit: I just got what you meant and I know there was something that he did with that too with the email registered to the account
Page 25 of 67
« First < 15232425 262735 > Last »
Up