Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 34
« First < 15232425 2627 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
KenS 03:04 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Ok done..................but I need your addie :-)
But you already have my ... er ...

uh oh :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 03:05 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
But you already have my ... er ...

uh oh :-)
So of course that means those sticks will be added :-)
[Reply]
KenS 03:07 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
So of course that means those sticks will be added :-)
if they aren't already in the database, then:

1. I will fully test them to ensure data accuracy
2. I will seek shelter

:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:38 PM 11-03-2009
if they aren't already in the database, then:

1. I will fully test them to ensure data accuracy
2. I will seek shelter

:-)
You Can't Run From "The Fox", Ken!:-):-)
[Reply]
romwarrior 09:11 AM 11-05-2009
I bought this app yesterday. It is sweet!

What's new:
  • Added capability to email cigar inventory data
Very nice! Feature request - I would love for a way to import data if we wanted to edit it on a computer.

And just throwing out another vote for a better way (than using the "Smoked" humi) to keep track of smoked cigars!

Thanks for the great app!!
[Reply]
GoldnGT 08:33 AM 11-09-2009
Well, it took a little longer than expected, but I finally got the next version of Mobile Stogie submitted to the app store. Hopefully, the review process will be reasonable, and this should be available in a week or so. It will show up as Version 1.8.6 (current release is 1.7.0).

What's new:
  • Added capability to email cigar inventory data
  • Added capability to move cigars between humidors
  • Added 'shake to select random cigar' feature
  • User interface tweaks
  • Code optimization to reduce memory needs and to increase speed
  • Added hundreds of cigars to the default database

When I get a few minutes, I'll post some "use cases" to highlight how some of the new features can make things easier, especially for those of us who move cigars around (pifs, bombs, trades, herfs, etc.)
Any light at the end of the tunnel as when this will be approved? I haven't seen them take over a week to approve and we've hit that point! :-) I know you don't have control.. just wanted to vent about Apple's slow approval process.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:46 AM 11-09-2009
Will this be available for the Motorola Droid for verizon?

Thanks.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:37 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by GoldnGT:
Any light at the end of the tunnel as when this will be approved? I haven't seen them take over a week to approve and we've hit that point! :-) I know you don't have control.. just wanted to vent about Apple's slow approval process.
The last update took a while to get through Apple's process too from what I can remember. Not Ken's issue, but this isn't a one-time thing. The only reason I remember is becasue the last update included the "Smoke 1" update that I was itching for, and I was checking the store for updates daily for about 10 days (maybe more).
[Reply]
romwarrior 09:44 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:

Thanks.
As of right now Ken is only doing an iPhone version.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:51 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:

Thanks.
Nope.

Patrick,
I saw your "I will be getting a Droid on the 12th post".
GET AN iPHONE!!!:-)
[Reply]
KenS 09:58 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by GoldnGT:
I've yet to see them approve anything within a week. Depending on volume of apps (always increasing), I typically see between 1 and 2 weeks to approve. Plenty of horror stories of developers getting into several months of limbo as well, but (knock on wood) I haven't had that happen yet. I'm guessing sometime this week.
[Reply]
KenS 10:03 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
As of right now Ken is only doing an iPhone version.
Actually I have started to look at the Android platform, but mostly as a curiosity at the moment. I seriously doubt that I'll have the time to learn and develop on a 2nd platform. The only reason I even look at it is that I'm sick to death of AT&T. I really like my iPhone, but I have enough issues with AT&T to consider alternatives. To me, the Android platform will best be remembered as the competition that drove Apple to fix the AT&T problem, and hopefully continue to drive innovation forward as well.
[Reply]
Resipsa 10:07 AM 11-09-2009
Ken any chance of getting a landscape mode?
[Reply]
KenS 10:36 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Ken any chance of getting a landscape mode?
It's a little tricky to use landscape mode for apps with a "Tab Bar" (the bottom of the screen with the different sections of the app), but it can be done. Is there a particular view that you think would benefit from landscape mode?
[Reply]
tenbaseg 01:24 PM 11-09-2009
Actually I have started to look at the Android platform, but mostly as a curiosity at the moment. I seriously doubt that I'll have the time to learn and develop on a 2nd platform. The only reason I even look at it is that I'm sick to death of AT&T. I really like my iPhone, but I have enough issues with AT&T to consider alternatives. To me, the Android platform will best be remembered as the competition that drove Apple to fix the AT&T problem, and hopefully continue to drive innovation forward as well.
There's some strong rumors out there in the last day or two about the iPhone porting to Verizon. Nothing firm, but something to watch.
[Reply]
sikk50 02:19 PM 11-09-2009
Missing the CAO Brazillia Anaconda.

How are the taboos coming?
[Reply]
romwarrior 09:03 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
There's some strong rumors out there in the last day or two about the iPhone porting to Verizon. Nothing firm, but something to watch.
Would be pretty surprising considering Verizon's current ad campaign for the Droid, but you never know...
[Reply]
KenS 05:33 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Missing the CAO Brazillia Anaconda.

How are the taboos coming?
The Anaconda is there now. The Taboo's are a sadder story :-)

I have exchanged email since April with Rob, and he continues to promise the info to add to the database, but he's a busy guy and hasn't gotten around to it. Most recently, I re-sent him the template 2 weeks ago. He again told me he'd get the info back to me, but I know he's busy launching a new website.

I honestly thought this would pretty easy, as I figured he would have the info sitting in a database somewhere. But what do I know :-)
[Reply]
KenS 05:35 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
Would be pretty surprising considering Verizon's current ad campaign for the Droid, but you never know...
I think Verizon is being a little bit careful to attack the AT&T network, rather than specifically the iPhone itself. Might be hedging their bets :-)

Either way, it's a brilliant ad campaign.
[Reply]
romwarrior 08:17 AM 11-10-2009
I think Verizon is being a little bit careful to attack the AT&T network, rather than specifically the iPhone itself. Might be hedging their bets :-)

Either way, it's a brilliant ad campaign.
Actually, they specifically target the iPhone with their "iDon't" bullet points. This is the heart of the campaign and gets more play than the talk about the network. They also go after Apple policy with the "no open software development" line.

I still wouldn't be shocked if the iPhone came to VZW, but considering the amount of money they are spending on a (basically) anti-iPhone campaign it doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 34
« First < 15232425 2627 > Last »
Up