Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 45
« First < 15232425 262735 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>stirring the pot local B&M vs big internet
D_A 07:18 AM 03-11-2009
Pepin takes pride in the quality of the product he releases. I think to go into his factory and toss out some absurd accusation that he is intentionally lowering his quality standards for certain clients would be an insult to him. :-)
Addiction 07:23 AM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
Why not? I can't imagine it going so badly.

"Mr. Garcia, we've noticed that many times the cigars from our lounge are better than ones we buy online from the big guys. Is there a difference?"

Ranting and rambling in Spanish as a response.

Nope. I don't see it. What's the harm?
Fixed.

Don Pepin speaks no english. I've met with him twice once with Pete Johnson and Once with the head of 5 Vegas both times required someone to translate for me.
Legend 07:58 AM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Think about it this way, you are a guest in Pepin's facility and you ask him a question that implies that he compromises his standards in order to sell to large accounts. How would any rational person react?
I'm not implying that he compromises standards.

Again. If you are a farmer and even though all of your tomatoes are good. You give the select ones to those customers you now would be a pain. Who you want to keep in business because they are a good chunk of your base. No standards are compromised

I don't know how many different ways I can say it. I apologize if I gave the wrong impression in prior wording. We are not talking about big differences.

Besides. When I asked Eddie Ortega he was not offended.
Legend 08:02 AM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by Addiction:
Fixed.

Don Pepin speaks no english. I've met with him twice once with Pete Johnson and Once with the head of 5 Vegas both times required someone to translate for me.
I'll have to brush up on my espanol.

Donde esta los cigaros

He he he he.
chippewastud79 08:05 AM 03-11-2009
How could they be different cigars if nothing has been compromised? Still not sure how you are going to make cigars differently without making them different blends to be different cigars. Unless you and your B+M are the only people in the world with a palate so refined you can taste the differences so subtle in the same cigars. :-)
Kreth 08:10 AM 03-11-2009
Donde esta los cremosas
Fixed that for you. :-)
Smokin Gator 08:10 AM 03-11-2009
Again. If you are a farmer and even though all of your tomatoes are good...
:-):-):-)
SeanGAR 08:15 AM 03-11-2009
Who you want to keep in business because they are a good chunk of your base.
You are suggesting that any B&M is a bigger account than any of the big online retailers that sell DPG?

Bzzzzztt

Sorry, that didn't pass the laugh test.
ahc4353 08:20 AM 03-11-2009
What was Mr. Ortega's comments?

(If I missed it earlier please link and forgive me)
chippewastud79 08:24 AM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
What was Mr. Ortega's comments?

(If I missed it earlier please link and forgive me)
I think it was something along the lines of :-)

Actually he said there is no difference :-)
icehog3 08:31 AM 03-11-2009
ahc4353 08:42 AM 03-11-2009
legend, did you recently buy a bunch of cigar web sites?
Col. Kurtz 08:54 AM 03-11-2009
Why not? I can't imagine it going so badly.

"Mr. Garcia, we've noticed that many times the cigars from our lounge are better than ones we buy online from the big guys. Is there a difference?"

"you and the rest of you bastards from your lounge down here to tour my factory get out. I can't believe you would ask such a question" followed by ranting and rambling in Spanish.

Nope. I don't see it. What's the harm?
Some others have covered this, but I said I wouldn't ask him. You can do what you want.

The implication is that he sells an inferior/different product to the online retailers and is less than honest. That would be an embarassing subject to broach for both, and if I were his guest, I wouldn't dare. I would not disrespect the man in his own house. Much less what will be lost in translation.

But hey, feel free to make an a$$ of yourself and let us know how it goes.

Not intended as a personal attack Legend, just my explanation / reasoning of my prior statement.
yourchoice 09:21 AM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
legend, did you recently buy a bunch of cigar web sites?
:-):-):-)

I'm surprised my secretary didn't just pop in and ask what was so funny! Still chuckling over here!

:-) :-)
SilverFox 09:29 AM 03-11-2009
I'm not implying that he compromises standards.

Again. If you are a farmer and even though all of your tomatoes are good. You give the select ones to those customers you now would be a pain. Who you want to keep in business because they are a good chunk of your base. No standards are compromised

I don't know how many different ways I can say it. I apologize if I gave the wrong impression in prior wording. We are not talking about big differences.

Besides. When I asked Eddie Ortega he was not offended.
Uh huh cuz I see tomato farmers hand sorting by destination all the time

gnukfu 09:39 AM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Uh huh cuz I see tomato farmers hand sorting by destination all the time

Mmmmmmmm!!!! Cuban tomatoes!!! :-)
thebiglebowski 09:56 AM 03-11-2009
is there a way to hide a thread, for lack of a better term? i keep coming here, like someone staring at a car wreck, with morbid curiousity and this thread keeps making my brain hurt... maybe if i can't see it, i won't look.
Legend 09:39 PM 03-11-2009
You just don't get it. You don't. You don't.

Mini me. You hungry? Want a hot pocket?
Legend 09:41 PM 03-11-2009
Legend 09:42 PM 03-11-2009
500!!!

Legendary
Page 25 of 45
« First < 15232425 262735 > Last »
Up