Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 350
« First < 15232425 26273575125 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Genetic Defect 08:14 PM 12-01-2008
caffeine is bad what about other stims?
The Professor 08:55 PM 12-01-2008
I've got the worst DOMS today. :-)

Barely got cardio in this morning after all the snow/ice and the old lady almost passing out on her way down the stairs. Gotta push through the DOMS tomorrow, though, and do a bit more leg work. Might throw in some "curls for da gurls." :-) Definitely have to hit my rehab exercises again.

:-)
icehog3 09:53 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
just google it, eh? search nazi:-) will do who knows how this may alter ones mind.
Little change might do ya good. :-) :-)
The Professor 06:11 AM 12-02-2008
2 1/2 circuits of shoulder rehab exercises, today. Damn thing is still popping even after all the rest. I think it's time for me to start looking harder for a doctor. :-)

Followed it up with some speed deads, just for fun and to get a bit blood flowing in my legs ... and just a little to show up the big guy using less weight and straps to hold onto the bar. :-) Yeah -- sometimes I'm a 15 year old, one-upper.

I learned it from Gerry, though. :-) :-) :-)
icehog3 08:35 AM 12-02-2008
Ya danged one-upper, Dokk! :-)

I am going to hit upper body (excepting back) shortly, and then hit the rink later tonight.
King James 09:09 AM 12-02-2008
going to be a quick workout for me today. Get some leg stuff in then get back to hitting the books
icehog3 09:11 AM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
going to be a quick workout for me today. Get some leg stuff in then get back to hitting the books
Make the most of it, Jim!

I am hitting the WF in 5, see yens all later.
BigFrank 04:27 PM 12-02-2008
Pull Day
-Deads 490x5 490x5 490x7(should have netted 8 and / or 9 on these, strength was there but lacked a lot of mental drive, sad. Was coming out of the bottom very fast today)
-Pull Ups
BW+45x8x4
-Kroc Rows
125x20x2 ( gym needs larger dumbbells )
-Hang Row Cleans ( These are like 1/2 upright row, 1/2 power clean )
135x10x3
-Good Mornings
95x10x3
-15 min cardio-bike-stare-at-hot-chicks

I hope you used extra chalk for more of a dramatic show up effect Proff. hahahahahha

You know you <3 Deadlifts when your hands look like this
The Professor 04:50 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I hope you used extra chalk for more of a dramatic show up effect Proff. hahahahahha

You know you <3 Deadlifts when your hands look like this
Nice deads, bro. I finally hit 405 a month or so back and have been training lighter since, focusing on the fundamentals. When I got back this morning, I'd popped some blood vessels or something in my right hand and it just looked like red bruise across 3 of my calluses. My wife said it was gross. I thought it was awesome.

PS, no chalk allowed :-) but I sneak it in for 365+ :-)
BigFrank 04:59 PM 12-02-2008
No chalk? Thats terrible. I tried to use that liquid chalk before, it doesnt work worth a ****. Personally I think the old school chalk adds a little bit of a mental edge to pulling also. nothing says big pull like chalk clouds.
Genetic Defect 05:00 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
No chalk? Thats terrible. I tried to use that liquid chalk before, it doesnt work worth a ****. Personally I think the old school chalk adds a little bit of a mental edge to pulling also. nothing says big pull like chalk clouds.
never heard that before
BigFrank 05:03 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
never heard that before
I just made it up. :-)
Just adds a psychological advantage for me thats all.
icehog3 05:08 PM 12-02-2008
I remember back in the day we used to break open ammonia caps before going for max lifts on squats.

Maybe that's why I am the way I am today. :-)
Chris. 05:10 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Would you guys rather do a full set with lesser weight or bump the weight up and go till failure? That's what I'm struggling with right now.
My trainer tells me that going until failure isn't a good thing, but one of my Men's fitness issues said it was. Just be sure to drink some whey protein before and after your workouts. It helps your muscles repair and grow.
icehog3 05:15 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Chris.:
My trainer tells me that going until failure isn't a good thing, but one of my Men's fitness issues said it was. Just be sure to drink some whey protein before and after your workouts. It helps your muscles repair and grow.
I have always worked to failure, although for many years now I stop there and don't go into "forced reps"....too much damage to the ligiments and tendons after 30 years of lifting. Forget what the fitness magazines say and experiment, find out what works best for you...there is no "formula" that works for everyone, everyone's body reacts differently.

I have never been able to lift on a full (to any degree) stomach, so I just hit the whey and glutamine right after the workout. The before and after whey is definitely a good thing for those who can lift with something in their stomach, though. :-)
The Professor 05:20 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I remember back in the day we used to break open ammonia caps before going for max lifts on squats.

That explains so much. :-)

Funny ... I was just thinking about those ammonia capsules today on the way into the gym. Maybe this is a sign I should grab some. :-) :-) :-)
BigFrank 05:30 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:

back in the day?

I still do it now....:-)

I train to failure every workout. Much like tom said, going past failure is where you get into dangerous territory.
Add simple carbs to the post workout shake and your good to go.
Starscream 05:35 PM 12-02-2008
This month's Men's Health says it's not good. I teaches proper form and you are more likely to be injury prone. It does say going to failure is good from time to time. But that's just what I read, I'm no expert.
Genetic Defect 05:40 PM 12-02-2008
so many people training to fail
BigFrank 05:44 PM 12-02-2008
Men's Health = Garbage
Unless you like looking at male models, only take this magazine and all other magazines for that matter at face value. How many articles does one need about building 6 pack abs and how to train arms? Of course a magazine is going to say some bullshit like that. They cater to the people that read them who want an easy way to workout. Bottom line, if you are not pushing yourself at the gym, you are not going to make any gains. That includes cardio, diet, and weightlifting. Unless you have a vast amount of disposable income and can load your body with test shots and hgh we are all gonna have to bust a little ass.

Now I understand that we as men require pictures and articles that only scratch the surface on debates. But take it just as that. A lot of the guys that post in this thread have a lot of years of weight training, nutrition, sports specific training and powerlifting knowledge at a key stroke away. Dont be afraid to ask.
Page 25 of 350
« First < 15232425 26273575125 > Last »
Up