Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 25 of 351
« First < 15232425 26273575125 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
bvilchez 11:22 PM 04-12-2009
Anyone ever have Kirkland Handcrafted beers from Costco? Wondering how good the are.

Drinking a good ole Sam Adams right now.
smokeyandthebandit05 11:29 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
Anyone ever have Kirkland Handcrafted beers from Costco? Wondering how good the are.

Drinking a good ole Sam Adams right now.
Ive heard they are very good. If you look on beeradvocate.com they have all kinds of reviews, a forum and everything. I read something and dont take my word but Stone might be doin it for them? Im not really sure I'll look on BA for you.

BTW what SA are you enjoying?
smokeyandthebandit05 11:33 PM 04-12-2009
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/14828

sorry they are made by Gordon Biersch Brewing Company. The they all scored in the B range and for BA that is pretty good
smokeyandthebandit05 11:36 PM 04-12-2009
And a review for the Chipotle Ale from BA

A - Hazed deep amber w/ a 3/4inch cap of beige w/ good clinging action from the lace.

S - Big bold, smokey pepper aroma w/ a nice malt smell. More peppery than smokey in the nose w/ mild woody essence of hops

M - A sweet taste usurped by bite of red pepper heat. Malty texture cushions the effect of biting into a chipotle, the finish is peppery(literally). Moderately full carbonation w/ a nice warming feeling as it slides down the throat with light smoothness. The mild hop bitterness and subtle sweetness really complements the zip of chile

T - The taste is like peppers with a smokey edge and smooth creamy, slight toasted malt flavor underneath the pepper heat. A nice mild hop taste is not distracting from the mild chipotle flavor of the ale and is used judiciously. The pepper's spiciness is not the the only thing you taste - you actually get the earthy vegetal notes of the pepper in the beer which is important. Each sip of this lets you get a taste of malt, pepper, smoke and the malt is there to catch it and protect from overly peppery beer land

D - A great beer but not one I would drink repeatedly. I would consider this good with corn soup or mac and cheese since I like Tabasco chipotle with pasta and cheese. A well brewed chile beer proving it can be made without dwarfing the taste of the beer and doesn't mask the ale's taste. I found this to nice when blended with the 10,000 brew at EBF and with Stone's Bitter Oatmeal chocolate stout
s15driftking 07:25 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by groogs:
Drinking some Fat Tire tonight.

My buddy lives out in LA and he swears by this beer. i will have to give it a go this weekend.
4WheelVFR 10:02 AM 04-13-2009
I've been enjoying Trappistes Rochefort #6. The best cigar beer I've had yet.
Mr.Maduro 01:45 PM 04-13-2009
I had some Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse that was pretty tasty!

newcigarz 03:34 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
I had some Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse that was pretty tasty!
Patrick, did you try the Schneider brewed one as well?Image
JJG 05:19 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
My buddy lives out in LA and he swears by this beer. i will have to give it a go this weekend.
oh man yes, if you've never had a fat tire they are fantastic. toasty and malty but also smooth enough for mucho chugging.

now that it's warming up I will probably get a sixer of my favorite summer beer: Sunshine wheat

-from the same brewery that makes fat tire. I've had a lot of wheat beers and this one takes the cake. not as sour as European wheats and enough herbal citrus flavor that you don't even need to add a lemon wedge.

also great for chugging :-)
ellisgibson19 03:38 AM 04-14-2009
I like to drink Goose Island Wheat Ale, Heineken, and a good all fashion STEEL RESERVE if I want a quick buzz
Mr.Maduro 05:54 AM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Patrick, did you try the Schneider brewed one as well?Image
They didn't have that one in stock, but I'll keep an eye out for it. It doesn't taste like Dogfish does it? :-)
newcigarz 06:04 AM 04-14-2009
They didn't have that one in stock, but I'll keep an eye out for it. It doesn't taste like Dogfish does it? :-)
:-)
pnutbutrsangwich 08:12 AM 04-14-2009
Had a craft brew overload with a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo and a bomber of Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti. This marks my first beer pong game with Imperial Stout :-)
smokeyandthebandit05 10:25 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by pnutbutrsangwich:
Had a craft brew overload with a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo and a bomber of Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti. This marks my first beer pong game with Imperial Stout :-)

Haha nice! How did that turn out?
Mr.Maduro 07:23 AM 04-15-2009
Last night it was Arcadia Ales' Cocoa Loco followed by Hitachino's Espresso Stout! The Arcadia was :-)

Skywalker 08:47 AM 04-15-2009
Last night it was Arcadia Ales' Cocoa Loco followed by Hitachino's Espresso Stout! The Arcadia was :-)

Those look yummy!!!:-)
Junior 12:04 PM 04-15-2009
I wish I could still enjoy a beer, but I have become allergic to something in them.
landhoney 12:44 PM 04-15-2009
I had a bottle of Russian Rivers Temptation last night:
http://russianriverbrewing.com/web/barrel.html
The cigar/sour beer pairing did not go as well as I hoped. I had a Upmann Corona and the cigar seemed to mask the subtleties of the beer. To me, sour beers like this have more in common with sparkling wine then other beers. Supposedly the Champagne/cigar pairing is a good one (have not tried it), so I thought this would work. Oh well.
All in all a great beer though. Very sour and refreshing, not high on the 'funk' level, pretty clean and fruity. :-)
newcigarz 01:46 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I had a bottle of Russian Rivers Temptation last night:
http://russianriverbrewing.com/web/barrel.html
The cigar/sour beer pairing did not go as well as I hoped. I had a Upmann Corona and the cigar seemed to mask the subtleties of the beer. To me, sour beers like this have more in common with sparkling wine then other beers. Supposedly the Champagne/cigar pairing is a good one (have not tried it), so I thought this would work. Oh well.
All in all a great beer though. Very sour and refreshing, not high on the 'funk' level, pretty clean and fruity. :-)

Tough beer to find Seth, you must have connections! :-)
landhoney 01:46 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Tough beer to find Seth, you must have connections! :-)
:-)Don't ride that scooter of your's next time and you can have some :-)

Just kidding, Tony is very responsible about his drinking and cycling. As a family man I applaud that. :-) And seriously next time we get together and you're driving I'll bring some.
Page 25 of 351
« First < 15232425 26273575125 > Last »
Up