Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 248 of 350
« First < 148198238246247248 249250258298348 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
hammondc 04:21 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
110 push-ups this morning.

Been supplementing with chocolate chip cookies the past few days. :-)
I see you keep upping this pushup #. Seems like a good program. Are you doing them all at once or broken up into sets?
BigFrank 07:34 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Anyone take Pregnenolone as a supplement? It’s inexpensive and you’ll notice an increase in testosterone.

from web: Pregnenolone is a naturally occurring metabolite that is made in your body. It is often referred to as the ‘mother steroid compound’ because it is the basic raw material for all steroid hormones in the body. This includes cortisone, Progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and DHEA.

Although it’s the precursor of all steroid hormones, Pregnenolone itself is not a steroid hormone. Instead, Pregnenolone is made from cholesterol in the cells of both the adrenal gland and the central nervous system. Inside each cell there are 1000’s of mitochondria (tiny power plants) and it is inside these mitochondria that Pregnenolone is produced.

Pregnenolone has been studied since the 1940’s. Experiments conducted in the 1940's and 1950's found Pregnenolone could not only increase the productivity levels and reduce the stress of factory workers, but was also an excellent anti-inflammatory medication for conditions such as arthritis and allergies.
To be honest, if I want to go that route I'll just buy the real thing. That why I'm not blowing my money and I know exactly what is going in. Problem is it is the precursor for as stated "cortisone, Progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and DHEA" so...If I'm reading that right the body pretty much gets the raw material and can make what it wants from it...Could be bad could be good. Too risky.
mosesbotbol 09:15 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
To be honest, if I want to go that route I'll just buy the real thing.
What's stopping you? That is not to knock Pregnenolone. Anything that prevents inflamation should be consider a plus and that is just one benefit. Pregnenolone is pretty inexpensive, on par with a daily multi or fish oil pill.
mosesbotbol 09:16 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Is this something that requires a prescription, Moses?
Not at all. Most online vitamin retailers carry it.
icehog3 10:37 PM 11-17-2010
Problem is it is the precursor for as stated "cortisone, Progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and DHEA" so...If I'm reading that right the body pretty much gets the raw material and can make what it wants from it...Could be bad could be good. Too risky.
Couple quotes from different manufacturer's own descriptions:

Originally Posted by :
Pregnenolone is the starting point from which all steroid hormones are manufactured in our bodies. Its conversion in the body follows different pathways, depending on individual needs.
Originally Posted by :
Using pregnenolone (PREG) may elevate your DHEA levels, and DHEA can increase estrogen and testosterone levels.

Da Klugs 06:27 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
I see you keep upping this pushup #. Seems like a good program. Are you doing them all at once or broken up into sets?
Was 80/20 per the below. Started below today.

100 at a blur pace.

10 deep breaths. (ok gasping)

10 full extension with a pause at the bottom.
hammondc 09:30 AM 11-18-2010
I may jump on board with that. Although, I can only get through about 30-40.
Mugen910 12:52 PM 11-18-2010
saw this and thought of you gents.

Jack3d for 29.90 shipped anywhere in US
For anyone looking for a fairly decent deal on pre workout products. SimplyCheapSupplements.com is offering Jack3d 8.8oz for 29.90 shipped anywhere in the US. The best price I've seen Jack3d selling for is around 34 shipped to my address.

Here's the link to the product http://simplycheapsupplements.com/Ja...t-Punch-8.8-oz

To get the deal you'll need to use coupon code vivai88 which takes 5% off the price.

P.S. looks like the code works for any product on the site.

icehog3 01:20 PM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

Jack3d for 29.90 shipped anywhere in US
For anyone looking for a fairly decent deal on pre workout products. SimplyCheapSupplements.com is offering Jack3d 8.8oz for 29.90 shipped anywhere in the US. The best price I've seen Jack3d selling for is around 34 shipped to my address.

Here's the link to the product http://simplycheapsupplements.com/Ja...t-Punch-8.8-oz

To get the deal you'll need to use coupon code vivai88 which takes 5% off the price.

P.S. looks like the code works for any product on the site.
$24.95 at FitRX, Bao, and they have free shipping promotions all the time if you sign up for their e-mails. :-)

http://www.fitrx.com/fitrx/fitrx_res...&i_pagesize=10
mosesbotbol 02:47 PM 11-18-2010

[i][b]Jack3d for 29.90 shipped anywhere in US
For anyone looking for a fairly decent deal on pre workout products.
You really find them to be that beneficial vs. just having a coffee before a workout?
BigFrank 03:53 PM 11-18-2010
What's stopping you? That is not to knock Pregnenolone. Anything that prevents inflamation should be consider a plus and that is just one benefit. Pregnenolone is pretty inexpensive, on par with a daily multi or fish oil pill.
Ibuprofen prevents inflammation so why not take a ton everyday? High estrogen levels promote bloating and water storage with may be what helps this with inflammation. Like Tom quoted, it's too varying. You're dumping the building blocks for pretty much whatever your body feels like making. Having a shitty day and your body is loaded with cortisol and stress levels are sky high, what you think is going to happen when your body has instant and easy access to make more.Test and estrogen play a delicate balance inside of our bodies. Problem is testosterone aromatizes into estrogen, estrogen just stays as estrogen. So if you were to take it with the hopes of jacking your tests levels up, you would need to be on Estrogen blockers and inhibitors. And with that were talking using prescription grade drugs here. Unless you go the full chemical route, I'd just stick to the basics.

My main concern is I fear that people will take said supplement, with the hopes of being some miracle pill. But in reality it may create more issues than intended.
icehog3 04:11 PM 11-18-2010
You really find them to be that beneficial vs. just having a coffee before a workout?
Coffee before a workout makes me jittery, Moses...with this form of caffeine and its other ingredients, I get a boost of energy and additional focus without the jitters.
BigFrank 04:16 PM 11-18-2010
I just snagged some Jack3d. The new flavor Raspberry Lemonade is decent. Jack3d is the only Pre-workout stimulant drink mix that I have used that I did not get accustomed too. Most other mixes I find I need to cycle, not the case with Jack3d..
Mugen910 04:26 PM 11-18-2010
I drink so much coffee that it doesn't do much for me..
DBall 05:18 PM 11-18-2010
I've never tried any caffeine before a workout... do you find it helps?
alwayslit 05:24 PM 11-18-2010
http://www.prosource.net/site/top_50_products.aspx.....prosource also has jack3d at 24.95 with free shipping on orders over $200.
BigFrank 07:18 PM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
I've never tried any caffeine before a workout... do you find it helps?
big time...next time grab a cup of coffee or an energy drink. Just make sure you drink it with time to spare before you get to the gym.
BigFrank 07:19 PM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by alwayslit:
http://www.prosource.net/site/top_50_products.aspx.....prosource also has jack3d at 24.95 with free shipping on orders over $200.
23.95 from DPS
http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_by_209.htm

these guys are my go to supp place.
DBall 07:53 PM 11-18-2010
big time...next time grab a cup of coffee or an energy drink. Just make sure you drink it with time to spare before you get to the gym.
OK... I usually have a very minimal amount of caffeine anymore since my stomach was jacked all last year... I usually wait until I'm out of the gym and have my coffee and cigar (after the protein shake).

I'll give it a try and report back.
mosesbotbol 09:12 PM 11-18-2010
I drink so much coffee that it doesn't do much for me..
Yikes. I am sure your drinking 4x the amount of coffee in water to balance it out, right. :-)

It's easy to get in the coffee trap.
Page 248 of 350
« First < 148198238246247248 249250258298348 > Last »
Up