Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 247 of 350
« First < 147197237245246247 248249257297347 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
PeteSB75 07:10 AM 11-16-2010
Started Frank's four week regimen on bench this morning, so a few warmup sets, then one rep each of 175, 195 and 210, then 175x10. Followed up with arms - curls and dips.
BigFrank 01:22 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Reading the reviews I figured at least 3 weeks for any noticable results....think it will be longer Frank? I don't care, I will stay with it at least 90 days, but hope to get some results much sooner.

Not sure what this means, but it doesn't sound good. :-)
I meant to say there "wasn't" lol
icehog3 01:31 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I meant to say there "wasn't" lol
Whew...I feel better now Frank. :-)
area51 01:34 PM 11-16-2010
I'm doing a 5x5 program so today was

225 bench 5x5
Dips
295 Deads
305 Squats
and 3x8 curls
DBall 03:10 PM 11-16-2010
Anyone got any program suggestions for me? :-)

I fell like I've learned how to do some exercises now and know what amount of weight I can do, but I don't really know what I should be doing, how often I should be doing it, etc.

Also, I have no clue how to do squats or dead lifts, but I could ask the owner and he'd definitely show me.
BigFrank 03:35 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Anyone got any program suggestions for me? :-)
I fell like I've learned how to do some exercises now and know what amount of weight I can do, but I don't really know what I should be doing, how often I should be doing it, etc.
Also, I have no clue how to do squats or dead lifts, but I could ask the owner and he'd definitely show me.
Poke around this site for a bit. http://www.exrx.net/
Also check out youtube. Just type in squat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbxxs1PErLQ

For now I would do something simple. Much like area 51 is doing. I'm not a fan of total body workouts for various reasons. I would Squat on Monday 5sets of 5 reps, Bench on Weds, and Deadlift on Friday. Do 2-3 assistance exercises during each training day. If you want to add a 4th day I would do the overhead press.
PeteSB75 06:25 AM 11-17-2010
Second week of four on squats/deads this morning.

Three warm-up sets on Squat, then 285x1, 310x1, 335x1 285x10. Deads, two warm-up sets, then 275x1, 305x1, 335x1, 300x5 - was running late this morning and failed to bring straps or chalk with me. Got through five with resetting my grip once, but would have needed to do it a second time and my hands were raw. The singles were good though, had good form and good effort throughout.

Looking forward to pushing/pulling more next week. Followed the workout with my normal shake, 2 1/2 scoops 100% whey vanilla, peanut butter, frozen strawberries, flax seeds and milk.
hammondc 07:26 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I just stick with chocolate...ON is a good one. I use Dymatize.
Quick quesiton as I am about to head out for the day and plan on grabbing some protein powder. GNC has a $19.99 sale on some of the protein. Does anyone here recommend any of THESE over Optimum Nutrition?
PeteSB75 09:14 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Quick quesiton as I am about to head out for the day and plan on grabbing some protein powder. GNC has a $19.99 sale on some of the protein. Does anyone here recommend any of THESE over Optimum Nutrition?
Never tried most of em. Used to use muscle milk, but it's got way too many calories, and not as good quality protein. Tried a few others, none that I liked as much as the ON. Most of em have lots of crap in them, including most of the ones in that promotion. I tend to shy away from any protein powder with High Fructose Corn Syrup, or with Sucralose or any sugar alcohol.

I just get my ON at the Vitamin Shoppe - They have the 2lb jug for 19.90, or a 5+ lb jug for just over $40. Prices in the store are very similar to online, maybe a buck or two more, without having to pay shipping, or you can just wait for one of the free shipping deals they run every couple of months.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...lection=sports
hammondc 09:20 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Never tried most of em. Used to use muscle milk, but it's got way too many calories, and not as good quality protein. Tried a few others, none that I liked as much as the ON. Most of em have lots of crap in them, including most of the ones in that promotion. I tend to shy away from any protein powder with High Fructose Corn Syrup, or with Sucralose or any sugar alcohol.

I just get my ON at the Vitamin Shoppe - They have the 2lb jug for 19.90, or a 5+ lb jug for just over $40. Prices in the store are very similar to online, maybe a buck or two more, without having to pay shipping, or you can just wait for one of the free shipping deals they run every couple of months.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...lection=sports
ON at vitamin shoppe it is. Thanks!
icehog3 01:24 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Does anyone here recommend any of THESE over Optimum Nutrition?
Not a single one of them. :-)
icehog3 01:25 PM 11-17-2010
New sleep study scheduled for Saturday, might be on CPAP by Sunday....hoping for some increased energy levels and some potential gains down the line.
hscmit 01:32 PM 11-17-2010
be careful with those protein powders many have recently been found to have large amounts of heavy metals, which are toxic, in them

here is a link to a snapshot the whole article was well done

http://news.injuryboard.com/consumer...oogleid=281896
icehog3 01:41 PM 11-17-2010
Everybody's gotta die sometime. :-)
mosesbotbol 01:45 PM 11-17-2010
Anyone take Pregnenolone as a supplement? It’s inexpensive and you’ll notice an increase in testosterone.

from web: Pregnenolone is a naturally occurring metabolite that is made in your body. It is often referred to as the ‘mother steroid compound’ because it is the basic raw material for all steroid hormones in the body. This includes cortisone, Progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and DHEA.

Although it’s the precursor of all steroid hormones, Pregnenolone itself is not a steroid hormone. Instead, Pregnenolone is made from cholesterol in the cells of both the adrenal gland and the central nervous system. Inside each cell there are 1000’s of mitochondria (tiny power plants) and it is inside these mitochondria that Pregnenolone is produced.

Pregnenolone has been studied since the 1940’s. Experiments conducted in the 1940's and 1950's found Pregnenolone could not only increase the productivity levels and reduce the stress of factory workers, but was also an excellent anti-inflammatory medication for conditions such as arthritis and allergies.
PeteSB75 02:20 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by hscmit:
be careful with those protein powders many have recently been found to have large amounts of heavy metals, which are toxic, in them

here is a link to a snapshot the whole article was well done

http://news.injuryboard.com/consumer...oogleid=281896
That article has been discussed at length here. Normally I like Consumer Reports, but when they refuse to disclose testing methodology and also use sample sizes that are larger than what 99% of users consume, I really have to question the results. And please, at least make an attempt to differentiate between meal replacement shakes and supplemental shakes.

In any case, if you look at their results, ON 100% Whey was not flagged for anything.
Da Klugs 02:27 PM 11-17-2010
110 push-ups this morning.

Been supplementing with chocolate chip cookies the past few days. :-)
hscmit 02:55 PM 11-17-2010
That article has been discussed at length here. Normally I like Consumer Reports, but when they refuse to disclose testing methodology and also use sample sizes that are larger than what 99% of users consume, I really have to question the results. And please, at least make an attempt to differentiate between meal replacement shakes and supplemental shakes.

In any case, if you look at their results, ON 100% Whey was not flagged for anything.

Sorry, wasnt posted to cause a problem, I didnt read far enough back and please dont feel like I want to encourage anyone to do or not do anything they want to their body
icehog3 03:54 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Anyone take Pregnenolone as a supplement? It’s inexpensive and you’ll notice an increase in testosterone.
Is this something that requires a prescription, Moses?
hammondc 04:16 PM 11-17-2010

I will likely only be doing one serving a day blended with 1% milk and a banana or berries of some sort as a recovery drink. 2 servings MAX if I do a meal replacement which would be infrequently.
Page 247 of 350
« First < 147197237245246247 248249257297347 > Last »
Up