Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 242 of 350
« First < 142192232240241242 243244252292342 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 10:55 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Ugh thanks Pops. Stuff to look forward to :-)
If I could sleep on my back without snoring myself awake they would heal in a week! :-)

Congrats on the continued progress, Dave! :-)
PeteSB75 06:16 AM 10-28-2010
Back and shoulders this morning. I'm sore all over today. Chest and arms from tuesday, legs from yesterday. Guessing shoulders and back will be tomorrow, though I didn't go as hard on them this morning as I did chest tues or legs yest. Price we pay, I guess.
SilverFox 07:32 AM 10-28-2010
I have been hard at it for almost 10 weeks now and I am really starting to notice some progress.

The two toughest parts are eating (3500 kcal a day when I spend the better part of a year at 1600 per day is killer)

The other and the reason for my posts is my elbows are sore constantly from all the lifting, I mean in the joint.

Any suggestions from the old pros out there?
icehog3 07:51 AM 10-28-2010
I take Aleve every morning for my joints, good combination of pain relief and anti-inflammatory for me, Shawn.
itzfrank 08:58 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I take Aleve every morning for my joints, good combination of pain relief and anti-inflammatory for me, Shawn.
Should probably introduce some fish oils and Glutamine into the system.

MSM is a natural anti-inflammatory. Glucosamine helps with joint health. Chondriton helps with natural production and health of cartilage. You can find all three in a combination at any vitamin store.
icehog3 01:14 PM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:

MSM is a natural anti-inflammatory. Glucosamine helps with joint health. Chondriton helps with natural production and health of cartilage. You can find all three in a combination at any vitamin store.
Absolutely Frank....I have done the G/C/MSM and the fish oil in the past, but have been off the first for a while mainly because of cost. I used to find the quality brand (Move Free by Schiff) on eBay for about 1/2 of MSRP, but haven't looked for several years.
GreekGodX 12:16 PM 10-29-2010
Update from the wounded wing corner.

Still hurts but yesterday and today I did some soft tissue work using a baseball. Made a ton of difference. Felt a lot better and gave me some relief for a little bit. I'm going to try and do some lifting tomorrow. I hit legs twice this week so I'd like to do something else :-)
BigFrank 12:43 PM 10-29-2010
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
I have been hard at it for almost 10 weeks now and I am really starting to notice some progress.

The two toughest parts are eating (3500 kcal a day when I spend the better part of a year at 1600 per day is killer)

The other and the reason for my posts is my elbows are sore constantly from all the lifting, I mean in the joint.

Any suggestions from the old pros out there?
Originally Posted by itzfrank:

Frank gives good advice there Silver. There are many products on the market that combine all into a few pills or a pack. I would be hesitant about taking NSAIDS unless it gets bad.

Might want to search in some of the past pages, there is a lot of talk about elbow sleeves ( which would be worth getting ), icy hot / muscle rubs, tendinitus and overuse issues / injuries. Could be one or more than one of them. Without much detail as to work performed, work load etc. It's hard to go off just "my elbows hurt" you could be performing exercises wrong, or maybe doing to much of one type ( extensions are notorious for elbow pain ).
hammondc 12:22 PM 10-30-2010
set a PR for myself this morning for a 5K. 26:05. Damn good since I have not been running in about 4 months because of an ankle injury. I give all credit to Insanity....that program will get you right.
Da Klugs 02:10 PM 10-30-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Did the 100 push-ups again today.

And I curled 1200 Pounds!

50 reps with the 12 lb weights. :-)
:-)

Did another 25 pushs ups later and some wierd things with the hand weights trying to get more range of motion work on the arms and upper body.

Still resisting cardio but may bring the ol airdyne out tomorrow.

238 a few minutes ago.
icehog3 03:15 PM 10-30-2010
238 a few minutes ago.
You keep taking it off, and I keep putting it on. :-)

Tore up a chest / back superset workout today with

Incline bench / Pull ups
Flat bench / T-bar rows
Dips / Wide cable rows

I earned my steak and egg whites lunch today. :-)
BigFrank 12:09 PM 10-31-2010
Blasted some back shoulders and biceps friday. Need to either buy a scale or get the owner of the new gym to buy one. Over a month on the diet now and no scale.
Da Klugs 07:50 AM 11-01-2010
102 Push-ups this morning.

Did the curls last night.... but continue to resist cardio. :-)

Does Sunny-D count as a "supplement"? :-)
GreekGodX 08:07 AM 11-01-2010
102 Push-ups this morning.

Did the curls last night.... but continue to resist cardio. :-)

Sunny-D does count Dave :-) The vitamin C actually helps in recovery :-) We won't go any further than the vit C in it tho
Da Klugs 08:09 AM 11-01-2010
Sunny-D does count Dave :-) The vitamin C actually helps in recovery :-) We won't go any further than the vit C in it tho

And the donut for breakfast afterward? :-)
GreekGodX 08:26 AM 11-01-2010
And the donut for breakfast afterward? :-)
I see you're just more advanced then the rest of us. You want to be playing around with your insulin levels to get a step ahead of us :-) :-)
DBall 09:31 AM 11-01-2010
Earned my muscle builder milkshake today... hahaha. I went crazy at the gym.

Quick question... Mondays are the day where I try to max out on bench presses. I started off with the bar x5, 95# x5, 115# x3, 135# x2, tried 150# and failed, tried 135 again and failed. Is it safe to assume that once I fail, I'm pretty much done with benches for the day and I shouldn't try to work my way back down?

I know I can do 135# a few times (I could have done more on my first run, but I wanted to save myself for the 150# attempt).
Da Klugs 09:34 AM 11-01-2010
I see you're just more advanced then the rest of us. You want to be playing around with your insulin levels to get a step ahead of us :-) :-)
:-)

Started this process to "get fitter" seem to be having a hard time getting beyond upper body and my simple pushing the floor.
icehog3 02:06 PM 11-01-2010
Sunny-Dianabol? :-)
PeteSB75 02:35 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Earned my muscle builder milkshake today... hahaha. I went crazy at the gym.

Quick question... Mondays are the day where I try to max out on bench presses. I started off with the bar x5, 95# x5, 115# x3, 135# x2, tried 150# and failed, tried 135 again and failed. Is it safe to assume that once I fail, I'm pretty much done with benches for the day and I shouldn't try to work my way back down?

I know I can do 135# a few times (I could have done more on my first run, but I wanted to save myself for the 150# attempt).
If you want a good idea of your 1RM, you're doing too many reps in your warm-up sets. If going for 150, I would do 45(bar)x5. 95x3. 135x1, 150x1. If you still feel like you have something left after that, try 155 or 160x1. You'll be surprised how much max effort for that short of a time will wear you out. If you fail once, give yourself 2-3 minutes, then try the same weight again. Don't drop weight, IMO. You're still working the muscles in the attempt. Good luck with it, any way you try and slice it.
Page 242 of 350
« First < 142192232240241242 243244252292342 > Last »
Up