Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 241 of 350
« First < 141191231239240241 242243251291341 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 09:19 PM 10-22-2010
Originally Posted by bonjing:
I'm slow, forgive me :-). But the best way to see gains is good nutrition, diet and work your azz off, correct?
yes for someone who wants to do it all drug free.
icehog3 12:32 AM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
:-)...Indeed. I have tried pro-hormones and herbal test boosters in the past. I understand the work thing. I used to be in the same field as you brother. I'm all for using stuff that works for someone. But my past experiences have led me to feel I have wasted more money and time using things that give me slightly what the real thing would have.
Trust me, I have wasted a LOT of cash on trying stuff that didn't do squat for me, except maybe give me diarreah or a rash. :-) That is why I get psyched when I stumble onto a product that actually seems to work for me. :-)
BigFrank 07:16 PM 10-25-2010
Squat n Deads tonight. Squats were definitely lacking. Had a decent round of pulls. Cardio = FML.
PeteSB75 06:40 AM 10-26-2010
Squat n Deads tonight. Squats were definitely lacking. Had a decent round of pulls. Cardio = FML.
Keep rocking that cardio Frank. We'll get you into a spin class soon :-)

Chest/arms for me today. Flat and incline bench, curls and dips. Was only a week off, but still felt odd going back this morning. Definitely feeling stronger though.
Da Klugs 11:05 AM 10-26-2010
Made 100 push-ups this morning. Feel pretty good about it. Going to try and stay here for a while .... until it feels a little less like death for the last 20. :-)

In the next few days - cardio. Time to pull out the ancient Schwinn airdyne and get R ready.

Notice a difference in the way I look and feel. Upper body definition is .... well there are hints of some. :-)

Cardio, diet and ultimately some more significant weight loss is next on the agenda. 240 this morning.
Patrick B 12:43 PM 10-26-2010
I bought a big ass bottle of BCAA's. It says to take 6 a day between meals. What's the best way to break these up in relation to my workout? A couple before lifting, a couple after, and then a couple later in the day sound alright?
GreekGodX 01:14 PM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Made 100 push-ups this morning. Feel pretty good about it. Going to try and stay here for a while .... until it feels a little less like death for the last 20. :-)
:-)

Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I bought a big ass bottle of BCAA's. It says to take 6 a day between meals. What's the best way to break these up in relation to my workout? A couple before lifting, a couple after, and then a couple later in the day sound alright?
On training days I go with 5grams in the a.m, 5grams during the workout, 5grams after. Non-training days 3-5 gram servings spread out through the day. Honestly it's up to you though, whatever seems to work best. Play around with it, sometimes I actually take more during the workout seems to help with the later sets.
itzfrank 02:20 PM 10-26-2010
I only take mine in the AM and Pre-Workout. Aside from that, your protein shakes should be supplying you with what else the body needs.
itzfrank 02:21 PM 10-26-2010
Ps. Trying the Jack3d again. We'll see how it goes this time around. I still feel that Trac Xtreme by MHP is my ish.
BigFrank 06:50 PM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Keep rocking that cardio Frank. We'll get you into a spin class soon :-)

Chest/arms for me today. Flat and incline bench, curls and dips. Was only a week off, but still felt odd going back this morning. Definitely feeling stronger though.
If I come you'll have to be on stand-by with a fire extinguisher from my legs rubbing together!

Dont underestimate planned time off Pete, does wonders.
PeteSB75 06:22 AM 10-27-2010
If I come you'll have to be on stand-by with a fire extinguisher from my legs rubbing together!
:-) :-)

Originally Posted by :
Dont underestimate planned time off Pete, does wonders.
Believe me, I don't. that's why I make sure and take it every two-three months. If nothing else, it's a week where I get to catch up on my sleep...

Deads and squats this morning. Definitely getting into the swing of things.

Frank, if I want to use the progressions you gave me, but continuing to squat and dead on the same day, can I just offset the weeks, i.e. week 1 dead/light squat, week 2 dead/week 1 squat, etc? Or do I need to make different adjustments?
BigFrank 01:43 PM 10-27-2010
Pete I squat and deadlift on the same day and do not alter my training. Unless you plan on taking a day to dedicate to pulling specifically or hamstrings for that matter, just keep em together. Just squat, then deadlift. Only thing that is different is I really dont warm up on the deadlifts. After warming up for squats then squatting you're already warmed up plenty. I set up the deadlift bar with 225, then 315, then 405 1 rep each time then begin my workload for deadlifting. The single reps are more to get my grip and form in order more than anything else.
PeteSB75 02:15 PM 10-27-2010
Pete I squat and deadlift on the same day and do not alter my training. Unless you plan on taking a day to dedicate to pulling specifically or hamstrings for that matter, just keep em together. Just squat, then deadlift. Only thing that is different is I really dont warm up on the deadlifts. After warming up for squats then squatting you're already warmed up plenty. I set up the deadlift bar with 225, then 315, then 405 1 rep each time then begin my workload for deadlifting. The single reps are more to get my grip and form in order more than anything else.
Hmm, might have to try that. I always start off with 5 mins on an eliptical or other cardio machine for initial warm-up. Then what I've been doing lately is dead, then squat. I do more warm-up sets for the deads. On a 1RM day, will normally do 135x5, 225x3, 275x1, 315x1, then 345/355x1 or wherever I feel I can pull that day. After that is done, I'll squat, doing 45, 135, 225, 315, then from there. I usually try not to do 1RM for both on the same day - it's too much for me and I feel my performance on the second exercise is hurt by the effort I expend with the first. If I am going for a squat 1RM, I will go easier on the dead, but still do it first, laying off after a 275x5.

I've had knee problems in the past, and the squat seems to put more pressure on it, so I like to dead first so I am fully warm when I start squatting.
AD720 03:04 PM 10-27-2010
Getting back to the gym tonight after 10 days of unplanned time off - between being sick and life getting in the way.

Looking forward to just moving around.
GreekGodX 05:10 PM 10-27-2010
I might need to just shut it down for a week :-) My shoulder is just not having any kind of activity. Even between icing, heating, pain pills, and stretching I still can't seem to get it to feel better. Sleep is miserable because I'm used to sleeping on that side. :-)
DBall 07:02 PM 10-27-2010
Took a small (maybe a week or a bit less) break due to my elbow hating me and some shoulder weirdness. Back to normal today (actually, lifting helped my elbow, oddly enough) and reupped my gym membership another 6 months... I'm set til May now!

:-)
Patrick B 07:20 PM 10-27-2010
Great shoulder workout tonight followed by an unplanned rack of ribs as a protein supplement. Those are low fat, right? :-) I'll hit the cardio hard tomorrow morning to make up for it!
icehog3 07:29 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I might need to just shut it down for a week :-) My shoulder is just not having any kind of activity. Even between icing, heating, pain pills, and stretching I still can't seem to get it to feel better. Sleep is miserable because I'm used to sleeping on that side. :-)
Just wait until you're my age Son, and both shoulders hurt every night. :-)
GreekGodX 07:51 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Just wait until you're my age Son, and both shoulders hurt every night. :-)
Ugh thanks Pops. Stuff to look forward to :-)
Da Klugs 08:33 PM 10-27-2010
Did the 100 push-ups again today.

And I curled 1200 Pounds!

50 reps with the 12 lb weights. :-)
Page 241 of 350
« First < 141191231239240241 242243251291341 > Last »
Up