Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 67
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
Jbailey 08:29 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
YIKES!!!:-)
Did you really need to add pictures Carlos? :-)
Kreth 08:46 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
Our only intention was to create a safe haven for those who felt as we did.
So the original intent of the name was that definition of asylum? And now it's morphed into the other definition... :-)
croatan 08:49 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
So the original intent of the name was that definition of asylum? And now it's morphed into the other definition... :-)
It's a double entendre. Take it as you will. Both definitions are appropriate. :-)
icehog3 08:49 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
A little of both, tongue-in-cheek, so to speak. :-)
Jbailey 08:54 AM 01-14-2009
For Perry it's a sanctuary for crazies. :-)
thebiglebowski 09:06 AM 01-14-2009
well... i don't want to be a leading puffer fish - whatever that is (i feel like the seinfeld episode with the puffy shirt).

i'm here now.
Blueface 09:19 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
For Perry it's a sanctuary for crazies. :-)
That is because most places that treat folks with those issues won't accept him.
He is "over qualified".:-):-):-)
Andyman 10:07 AM 01-14-2009
Your wish has been granted. Most people would just choose not to login but, hey whatever floats your boat!
Originally Posted by borndead1:
I kinda want to get banned. :-)

Andyman 10:17 AM 01-14-2009
Ji, thanks for expressing your thoughts on this. I am feeling the same way. maybe we should start a support group! :-)
Originally Posted by JKim:
This thread makes me sad on several fronts. Sad for the change to Clubstogie, sad at the fictional boundary drawn in the sand, sad to see people pick sides which inevitably creates some conflict or confrontation.
Puff.com sure is not ClubStogie, but that was pretty obvious change when Jon/Paul made their announcement.

I offered to moderate at ClubStogie soon after the announcement when there were no moderators, when a few had volunteered to nurse ClubStogie because a few people saw a glimpse of what made ClubStogie great in the past, Fellow cigar smokers helping other cigar smokers, brothers helping brothers.

Disgruntled members are expected when the change happens. That doesn't bother me. Lashing out overtly or covertly isn't a shock.

Changes are happening, the content is different, for better or worse I don't konw yet, interface is similar. Somebody is definately trying to make a buck with that site and it ain't me.

I just don't have much to post or say these days....

Happy smoking to all.. God Bless..

Da Klugs 10:26 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Andyman:
Ji, thanks for expressing your thoughts on this. I am feeling the same way. maybe we should start a support group! :-)
We are here for you brother. Meetings daily. :-)
LasciviousXXX 10:32 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
And there will also be free Shiatsu massages courtesy of Bea :-)
madurolover 10:34 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
As long as Tom doesn't get too jealous. :-)
Blueface 10:36 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Andyman:
Your wish has been granted. Most people would just choose not to login but, hey whatever floats your boat!
How did you do that?
He no longer even appears on the members list.
pnoon 10:38 AM 01-14-2009
How did you do that?
He no longer even appears on the members list.
Banned members don't appear on the member list. However, you can search for posts/threads for that member.

Now Carlos, don't be searchin' for your member. :-)
Blueface 10:39 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Banned members don't appear on the member list. However, you can search for posts/threads for that member.

Now Carlos, don't be searchin' for your member. :-)
So if banned members don't appear any longer, how can Puff use that member count all are referring to?
borndead1 10:42 AM 01-14-2009
I guess I should explain myself a little more FWIW.

To me CS was a community. I remember when I was a noob, Googling different cigars to see if I could find reviews of them. That was how I found CS.

I don't care for Caputo. I won't say I dislike him, cuz I've never actually met the dude, but what he has done with CS and the other sites is, for lack of a better term, against my principles.

Sometimes my "ethics" dictate that I do not support certain things. I don't vote Democrat or Republican, for example. I don't buy certain cigars because I don't like the way the companies do business and I don't want to support it. I also do not shop at Wal Mart. I even diss on Elvis because he didn't write his own songs. :-)

I dislike fakery, dishonesty, exploitation, and hype.

I feel that if I retain my membership at Puff, even if I don't post, that I would be contributing to what Caputo is doing, and it bugs me.

I want nothing to do with Puff, and that is why I want to be "erased".

Cigar Asylum is REAL. It is a COMMUNITY. I can get behind that. :-)
pnoon 10:44 AM 01-14-2009
So if banned members don't appear any longer, how can Puff use that member count all are referring to?
With my sparse knowledge of the vBulletin software, here is my guess.

Banned members do not appear in the member list presented. However, I would bet that they are included in the total membership (user) count presented on the home page.

Guys like kwagga, stogiefanatic182, and kumarusc are valuable numbers to puff.com but not to the community.
poker 10:52 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:

Guys like kwagga, stogiefanatic182, and kumarusc are valuable numbers to puff.com....
No refunds, no exchanges :-)
icehog3 11:11 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
well... i don't want to be a leading puffer fish - whatever that is (i feel like the seinfeld episode with the puffy shirt).

i'm here now.
But I don't wanna be Puffy!!

Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:

Hands off, Buster! :-)
Andyman 11:12 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Thanks for your support!
Page 24 of 67
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
Up