Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 53
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
General Discussion>The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread
darb85 01:53 PM 03-16-2009
you can glue them together.

And with the pics above, i seriously need to get a new camera! sheesh. puts my pics to shame.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:54 PM 03-16-2009
Those are live rock but in a fish only system they are probably best kept in a separate refugium. If they have light they grow stuff on them and are hard to clean. In the reef tank everything competes until a balance is struck.This balance shifts around a bit.
My rocks are just piled up but they can be glued together with a putty epoxy or gelled super glue.
[Reply]
marge796 02:13 PM 03-16-2009
These pics are amazing! Thanks to everyone who shared them.

Chris…….

:-)
[Reply]
darb85 06:55 PM 03-16-2009
Cant find my firefish :-) put him in the tank saw him saturday morning when i fed the tank, and now, no sign! is this normal behavior?
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:17 PM 03-16-2009
yes. they will be shy for a week or two. Allow up to 3 days before they eat in your tank.

Just think if you moved from a 3' by 3' room into the taj mahal would you want to waste time eating or would you be exploring all the fun awesome stuff?
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:10 PM 03-16-2009
I was missing my new dottyback for two weeks. When it finally came out it looked starved. Now it's starting to fight back against the damsels and they better learn some respect as the dottyback will get bigger and badder than them. Damsels can hold their own, though. Wiki says firefish are leapers. I lost a couple of fish out of my nano tank because they leaped out.
[Reply]
darb85 08:46 PM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I was missing my new dottyback for two weeks. When it finally came out it looked starved. Now it's starting to fight back against the damsels and they better learn some respect as the dottyback will get bigger and badder than them. Damsels can hold their own, though. Wiki says firefish are leapers. I lost a couple of fish out of my nano tank because they leaped out.
ive got the fully enclosed Nano, Dont think he can get out, there are no holes. and if he did, where did he go? i cant find him on the ground.

It must have been the aliens
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:00 PM 03-24-2009
Updated picture of my eel, L eel a . Image
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:00 AM 03-25-2009
Nice pic.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:19 AM 03-25-2009
thank you, I just noticed all the nice coraline algae on the rocks too. Guess Im on the right road.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:11 PM 03-30-2009
My Percula Clowns finally spawned. I was told it was only a matter of time. None of the offspring will survive, probably, but it's still pretty cool.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:18 PM 03-30-2009
AWESOME!!~!!! those are beautiful! Im saving my pennies untill I can afford a snocasso clownfish.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:46 AM 03-31-2009
Talk about your bristle worms:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...oral-reef.html
[Reply]
mojo65 11:17 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Talk about your bristle worms:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...oral-reef.html
NASTY sucker!
[Reply]
darb85 11:32 AM 03-31-2009
isnt that a bobbit worm?
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:12 PM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by darb85:
isnt that a bobbit worm?
Yep :-):-)
[Reply]
Wanger 12:20 PM 03-31-2009
Domn you sons of *****es!!!! I've got the itch again!!!!! (and I only read to page 11) I worked at a pet store in college and had a 55gal reef setup. (sorry no pictures,as it was when digital cams were too expensive for a college kid). And then when we were in our townhouse we had a 12 gal nanocube. It was more work that I had time for, being such a small tank. If we weren't looking to move in the next 1.5-2yrs, I'd prolly be setting up one again, or would have done it before. Dammit! How do I scratch this itch now, you arseholes. :-)
[Reply]
darb85 06:48 PM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Domn you sons of *****es!!!! I've got the itch again!!!!! (and I only read to page 11) I worked at a pet store in college and had a 55gal reef setup. (sorry no pictures,as it was when digital cams were too expensive for a college kid). And then when we were in our townhouse we had a 12 gal nanocube. It was more work that I had time for, being such a small tank. If we weren't looking to move in the next 1.5-2yrs, I'd prolly be setting up one again, or would have done it before. Dammit! How do I scratch this itch now, you arseholes. :-)
This tread is directly responsible for the fact that I have a reef tank. haha.

and im getting another tank this weekend....

JUST DO IT!
[Reply]
shilala 05:24 PM 04-23-2009
Hey guys, my tank blew up again last week, that was the third major leak.
I gave up on it and bought an extra high 30 gallon cause my light fit it. I'm going to buy a bigger, higher one later when I have a chance. I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Anyways...
Today I had my first coral division deal happen.
This coral used to be kidney shaped. It never occurred to me that it was planning on dividing.
Today I went to feed my fish and noticed the one side was inside out and I could see it has divided into two distinct pieces. It's pretty cool cause my stuff is growing well if it's not dying.
I've had a couple snails die lately that must have gotten trapped between rocks, so my water has been screwed up and I've been changing a lot. It's a pain.
So here's the pic, sorry it sucks. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 06:30 PM 04-23-2009
Looks good. You might want to try an Emerald Crab in there if the bubble algae gets to prolific.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 53
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
Up