Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 43
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
Entertainment>Walking Dead Season 2
Blak Smyth 09:30 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by kickerb:
This whole spoiler thing is getting silly. If the episode has aired, then I think we should talk about anything we want. If people don't want something spoiled they should not go read a TV show thread the day after an episode airs.
I am just popping in since I finally watched the most recent episode. I don't enter this thread until I am current. I don't see any spoiler issues on my end.
macsauce13 09:32 AM 02-15-2012
This whole spoiler thing is getting silly. If the episode has aired, then I think we should talk about anything we want. If people don't want something spoiled they should not go read a TV show thread the day after an episode airs.

And let's also stop talking about the comic, this thread is for the TV show.

The last episode was okay to me. The Lori stuff was dumb. The arm falling off the truck was dumb. Really, the only scene I liked was at the bar, that was awesome. I think Hershel will start to become more in the mix.
Or we could not set rules and anyone can talk about anything they want! :-)

:-):-)
irratebass 10:02 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Yes and no...The comic book and the series have not shared enough details to spoil anything that I can think of.
Secondly I am ALWAYS the last person to see something, so there is no one left to spoil anything for. :-)o
C.) I did not say how Lori is supposed to die.
D.) Rick being a fast drawer is not a spoiler.
E.) Shane being shot in the neck in the comics in what would be 5 episodes ago or so is not a spoiler for the show
where he is currently alive and well, lol.

But I did think of writing my thoughts in beige and will now do that from here on out. All that said, this thread may
be in use years into the future where the whole thing will be one big spoiler, so like some have said before, these
threads are not like threads on Walking Dead forums....read all of it at your own risk. I just now watched the entire
Spartacus B&S show in a week, LONG after it aired. I just didn't read into the thread too far while I was watching it
but did dabble in it some. But I guess a couple days after the show IS TOO EARLY for me to say much.
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Or we could not set rules and anyone can talk about anything they want! :-)

:-):-)
I was referring to spoilers for the comic, I posted some spoilers in this thread about the comic some pages back and got flamed for it, so was just trying to warn him, wasn't trying to be a dictator. All is good.
BlkDrew 10:10 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by bonjing:
The fist episode where Rick wakes up from the hospital. He leaves the hospital and walks by a military camp that had weapons laying all over the place.
I thought the same exact thing...
mosesbotbol 11:10 AM 02-15-2012
I like how the season has started so far.
Digs 12:17 PM 02-15-2012
Not sure what you mean. Have you seen weapons go unused? Where and by whom?

Example: when they roll back into town (1st season - one of the last episodes)to grab the bag of crappy ass commercial shot guns there’s dead troops all over even and M1 Abrams tank! Also happened when they are running out of the CDC building there were M4's/ M2's and M1 Abrams and I think Stryker sitting around! What do they do...they get back in there old busted up jeeps! I can recall many other moments be these are the big ones!

With all that fire power sitting around it would have been like Mac from my favorite scene in Predator with the GE mini gun “ I am gonna have me some fun, I am gonna have me some fun” as I am mowing down Walkers with L40 hanging out of my pie hole! LOL :-)
kaisersozei 01:36 PM 02-15-2012
Rick Grimes is a badass. Nice signature moment, long overdue. :-)

And since he was "thinking about the baby," as he told Olive Oyl, there won't be any of his usual anguish & remorse. Plus, he just protected Hershel and his family from an onslaught of unsavory bandit-types, so that oughta buy him a few favors.

However, watch out for the rest of the unsavory bandit-types, who are likely prowling around and will eventually find their buddies in the bar.
OLS 05:03 PM 02-15-2012
The last episode was okay to me. The Lori stuff was dumb. The arm falling off the truck was dumb. Really, the only scene I liked was at the bar, that was awesome. I think Hershel will start to become more in the mix.
WHAT?? Haha, are you kidding? When that arm fell off the truck I busted out laughing.
It was the perfect shot. And so floppy and real-looking. I would agree that the Lori
storyline during that episode was nearly useless. It also seems to me that it's only there
as a 'vehicle' for her to lose her baby. The bar scene was really tense, it had me squirmin.
But the ARM falling off the truck?? COME ON. That was GREAT. :-)
OLS 05:09 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by bonjing:
The fist episode where Rick wakes up from the hospital. He leaves the hospital and walks by a military camp
that had weapons laying all over the place.
For me it didn't stick out so much because I know only one thing. There would not be an
entire dead army on the ground unless the bullets had run out. These zombies are not
trying out for the NFL combine. They shamble. So unless you are out of ammo, you do not
drop your rifle. I doubt seriously that there was a single round in any of those rifles.

YOUR MIND has you thinking more like a war movie, like bammo, head shot, man drops rifle with
a full clip in it. Nope. haha

And to Irratebass, I THOUGHT maybe that's what you were getting at about the comic. But once you
added the eye roll, all bets were off, lol..
It am all guud.
kaisersozei 05:22 PM 02-15-2012
WHAT?? Haha, are you kidding? When that arm fell off the truck I busted out laughing.
It was the perfect shot. And so floppy and real-looking.
But the ARM falling off the truck?? COME ON. That was GREAT. :-)
Yea, I was howling :-) That and the Olive Oyl comment, I thought Daryl was channeling a little bit of Sawyer from Lost.
longknocker 05:58 PM 02-15-2012
Looks Like A Lot Of Action & Zombie Killing' From Next Weeks' Preview! :-)
OLS 07:16 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
That and the Olive Oyl comment, I thought Daryl was channeling a little bit of Sawyer from Lost.
Hahaha, very much so. I rewound it and played it back a few times. I was pretty happy when the
episode ws over and finally someone had cracked down on Lori for basically putting her foot in her mouth.
On the main, yes, she was within her rights to ask someone from the group to go out there and
do her bidding, but it's almost like she was the only one that didn't come full circle once that Sophia
came shambling out of the barn. EVERYONE else basically said, "Well that was a wasted month".
For her to act as if Darryl owed her any more pin the tail on the donkey runs was assinine.
Digs 08:16 PM 02-15-2012
For me it didn't stick out so much because I know only one thing. There would not be an
entire dead army on the ground unless the bullets had run out. These zombies are not
trying out for the NFL combine. They shamble. So unless you are out of ammo, you do not
drop your rifle. I doubt seriously that there was a single round in any of those rifles.

YOUR MIND has you thinking more like a war movie, like bammo, head shot, man drops rifle with
a full clip in it. Nope. haha

And to Irratebass, I THOUGHT maybe that's what you were getting at about the comic. But once you
added the eye roll, all bets were off, lol..
It am all guud.

Not to over complicate things, but the basic battle load of ammo is 210 rounds or 7/ 30 round mags.(not even assuming there isn't spare ammo for the M4's and SAW LMG in the vehicles) Lets say they have 50% kill ratio, ok there should be 105 down walkers per solider with that being said 10 soldiers should be able to drop 1050 walkers!! The scene's dont reflect that, I would bet they let them get to close and they had them for lunch lol so the rifles & ammo pouches shouldn't all be empty.
Skywalker 09:32 PM 02-15-2012
I watch the show because it's entertaining! :-)
Hem 09:44 PM 02-15-2012
Can't wait for next weeks episode! I love this show.
kugie 04:50 AM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I watch the show because it's entertaining! :-)
Absolutely! :-)
mase 10:32 AM 02-16-2012
Really loved the ending to that episode.
OLS 11:14 AM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Plus, he just protected Hershel and his family from an onslaught of unsavory bandit-types, so that oughta buy him a few favors..
You know this is why the scene was really good to me. You have Herschel being a little bi+(h the
whole series, then he SEES what the walkers really are and it humbles him. Then he SEES Rick in the bar
try and protect what little peace and annonymity he still has left with a bullet out of his speedy revolver
and well-lubed holster.
That ought to buy some respect and understanding indeed.
OLS 11:19 AM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
Not to over complicate things, but the basic battle load of ammo is 210 rounds or 7/ 30 round mags.(not even assuming there isn't spare ammo for the M4's and SAW LMG in the vehicles) Lets say they have 50% kill ratio, ok there should be 105 down walkers per solider with that being said 10 soldiers should be able to drop 1050 walkers!! The scene's dont reflect that, I would bet they let them get to close and they had them for lunch lol so the rifles & ammo pouches shouldn't all be empty.
What do you mean, that's what these threads are FOR. By all means, COMPLICATE THINGS. :-)

But again, I just don't see a soldier letting a walker shamble up to him if he had rounds available.
If they worked as a team or as a wall of fire (base of fire anyway) they should not have walkers
getting nibbles on them. No way.

I totally agree that if a MP5 or any kind of automatic weapon was lying there, you'd be crazy
not to upgrade. Of course a shotgun is more useful for ensuring a head shot when it counts.
And they do not show any scenes of Rick picking up and checking any weapons. I think
he is like me, not worth a look since everyone with a gun is dead. I DO UNDERSTAND the
basic idea you are putting forth. It's like the bi+(h in the scary movie putting down a knife.
I'm like, what, did you need a spare hand to scream with? Pick up the weapon, idiot.
OLS 11:22 AM 02-16-2012
Couple that with the movie I just watched the other night "The Dead"....Africa is over-run with zombies. A new
twist on zombie movies. And they are EVERYWHERE. There is hardly a scen in the movie withut one slow-walking.
The last white man on the continent it seems is in a plane crash, he waked up on the beach, get's a gun and a mag.
He walks off. Later he runs into a dead soldier. I would have taken ten minutes searching every pocket that man
had for more rounds, AND taken the pistol in his web gear.
BUT NOOOoooooo. They never do, do they?
Page 24 of 43
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
Up