Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 35
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
Sports>WHO DEY!!!! Bengals fans check in!!!!
elderboy02 11:10 AM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Are you serious? Just admit if Rivers was a Bengal you would love his antics. YYou probably hated Owens before he got here. :-)
I was indifferent to Owens.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:56 PM 01-02-2011
Is it possible that Mike Brown is considering keeping Marvin Lewis? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:01 PM 01-02-2011
Is it possible that Mike Brown is considering keeping Marvin Lewis? :-)
God, I hope not. They need to get rid of Suck-kowski as well.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:03 PM 01-02-2011
Less than 60 days before pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training!
[Reply]
fhrblig 10:37 AM 01-04-2011
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5987400
:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:09 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Less than 60 days before pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training!
[Reply]
Starscream 12:44 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:53 PM 01-04-2011
Hopefully the Reds will do well again this year so I can post lots of these:

:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:55 PM 01-04-2011
Bengals re-sign Marvin Lewis to a contract extension :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:23 PM 01-04-2011
Hopefully the Reds will do well again this year so I can post lots of these:

:-):-):-)
Bengals re-sign Marvin Lewis to a contract extension :-)
I'm not a Bungles fan, but who's better: Lewis or Baker?:-) Serious question
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:14 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I'm not a Bungles fan, but who's better: Lewis or Baker?:-) Serious question
Neither. Both of them only found success in seasons when their divisions were at their absolute worst and have no consistency. But then again, both their owners have impeded them by signing and catering to over-priced under-performing primadonas. You can't make bad players into good players by forcing them into action or take bad older players. Bad personel decisions can kill any coach, Baker doesn't get a lot of help in that sense, Marvin gets no help, but he also cannot lead or control his teams. See: Stubbs, Bailey, Bruce, Johnson, Owens, Fanene, Smith et al. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:15 PM 01-04-2011
Where is Dan to celebrate the contract extension? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:30 PM 01-04-2011
Where is Dan to celebrate the contract extension? :-)
The press conference they held was horrible. What a f'ing joke. They didn't answer even 1 question.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:31 PM 01-04-2011
The press conference they held was horrible. What a f'ing joke. They didn't answer even 1 question.
I knew you were over-joyed with this re-signing. So excited you actually watched the press conference. Truly something to instill confidence in the team and fan base. Got your season tickets yet?:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:55 PM 01-25-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQi4H7E0xk

Mike Brown's Bengals philosophy, pretty gosh darn accurate. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:14 PM 01-25-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQi4H7E0xk

Mike Brown's Bengals philosophy, pretty gosh darn accurate. :-)
LOL. So true.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:13 AM 01-27-2011
Carson Palmer wants out. Mike Brown says 'No'. Always a good sign when your team captain wants out after resigning a head coach that is comitted to him. This is a week old and Dan hasn't even post whored this? :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:29 AM 01-27-2011
But then again, both their owners have impeded them by signing and catering to over-priced under-performing primadonas. You can't make bad players into good players by forcing them into action or take bad older players. Bad personel decisions can kill any coach, Baker doesn't get a lot of help in that sense, Marvin gets no help, but he also cannot lead or control his teams. See: Stubbs, Bailey, Bruce, Johnson, Owens, Fanene, Smith et al. :-)
There ya go.
So far as I'm concerned, Marvin Lewis is a damned good coach. Doesn't matter who you sit in that chair, the management isn't going to let him do his job.
You can't have cancer in the locker room, even if it puts asses in seats. It assures that you can't win. You could argue that Marvin should whip players in line, but if he has no hire/fire power, and the ownership undermines his credibility with the players, nothing will change.
I used to really dig that franchise because they were poised to give the Steelers some real competition. If the Steelers competition gets better, they have to get better, and we all get to see some damn good divisional ball, which is what I really enjoy. Case in point, Steelers vs. Ravens. Imagine if the Bengals had ever pulled off the air offense they were trying to put together? That'd have made for damn good ball, brother. :-)
It definately grinds on me that Cinncinati hasn't come along.
I'm a big Carson Palmer fan, by the way. No wonder he wants out. It's such a sadly wasted talent. He's been beaten half to death at this point, and I don't know if he'll ever get to shine like he should have. Regardless, I'd love to see him somewhere. Tennessee or Minnesota or anywhere where there's an o-line in front of him so he can throw the ball.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:35 AM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm a big Carson Palmer fan, by the way. No wonder he wants out. It's such a sadly wasted talent. He's been beaten half to death at this point, and I don't know if he'll ever get to shine like he should have. Regardless, I'd love to see him somewhere. Tennessee or Minnesota or anywhere where there's an o-line in front of him so he can throw the ball.
Carson has a pretty good OL, that isn't the problem. The problem is the system he is put in. Bratkowski is quite possibly the most predictable play caller in ALL of football (at any level). And Carson is under pressure from the top down to get the ball to his worthless reciever(s). There is no shortage of teams who are in need of a veteran starting QB. Mike Brown won't conceed a thing, he thinks he has it right regardless of the situation. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:45 AM 01-27-2011
Mike Brown is a joke :-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 35
« First < 14222324 252634 > Last »
Up