Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 225
« First < 14222324 25263474124 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Starscream 02:23 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I've never heard of him. I hope he will be better than, wait for it, Dick Pole :-)
No more Dick Pole! :-):-)
We're garanteed to have a better season next year. I don't think you can get any worse than Pole.:-)

I'd actually love to see Brantley come out of the booth and be the pitching coach, but he has no desire to do so.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:13 PM 12-02-2009
Nothing going on this offseason. Looks like no big signings or changes are going to occur. I have faith in Jocketty, but I think his plan is 2012 or beyond. We're gonna suck for the next two years at least.
At least our pitching will probably get better (especially Owings) as our new pitching coach shows a lot of promise over Dick Pole.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:53 PM 12-07-2009
Reds are shopping Harang and Arroyo to see what they can get. Not sure what they are looking for in return. Gammons says that it'll be hard to put Harang up, as no one knows if he can stay healthy. I'd hate to see Harang go, but Arroyo can go for all I care. He was the first one to go in my MLB'08 PSP game.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:23 PM 12-07-2009
I would love to hang onto Harang.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:14 PM 12-08-2009
Looks like they want to get rid of one just to dump payroll. No trade. Just get rid of salary expenses. Like Dan, I don't want to see Harang go. Arroyo on the other hand...
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:46 PM 01-12-2010
Reds sign Chapman to a 5 year, $30 million deal. Lets hope the kid turns out to be something good. Sounds like this kid might not even have a chance at the big leagues for two years, but he is a 22 year old lefty with a high 90's fast ball. Could be untouchable but he sounds like a project, a $30 million project. Its too bad they still need a bullpen. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:59 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Reds sign Chapman to a 5 year, $30 million deal. Lets hope the kid turns out to be something good. Sounds like this kid might not even have a chance at the big leagues for two years, but he is a 22 year old lefty with a high 90's fast ball. Could be untouchable but he sounds like a project, a $30 million project. Its too bad they still need a bullpen. :-)
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27162:-)

I still just don't have the confidence that everyone else seems to have about this kid.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:30 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:

I still just don't have the confidence that everyone else seems to have about this kid.
I really don't think it was a good signing. Then again, I really don't like Homer Bailey or any of their bullpen. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:42 PM 01-12-2010
It looks like the Reds one big move of the off season (thus far) is a giagantic gamble rather than going out to make their bullpen stronger or getting an offensive weapon. Lots of big free agents were out there and it seems like they didn't even take a 'swing' at it :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:55 PM 01-13-2010
Can't believe Dan isn't in the Reds thread talking about this 'great deal' as he is the eternal optimist. I am sure he will put them over the top and to the World Series this year. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 06:57 PM 01-13-2010
Can't believe Dan isn't in the Reds thread talking about this 'great deal' as he is the eternal optimist. I am sure he will put them over the top and to the World Series this year. :-)
That's because Dan started a Reds 2010 thread where he posts.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:42 AM 01-14-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
That's because Dan started a Reds 2010 thread where he posts.
I don't think the Reds are nearly good enough for a new thread each season. Season threads are for whole sports, like NHL Season and College Football Season Threads. But I guess he will do whatever it takes to up that post count. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:05 AM 01-14-2010
I don't think the Reds are nearly good enough for a new thread each season. Season threads are for whole sports, like NHL Season and College Football Season Threads. But I guess he will do whatever it takes to up that post count. :-)
Either way works for me. So are we using this one or the new one? We gotta pick one.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:14 AM 01-14-2010
Either way works for me. So are we using this one or the new one? We gotta pick one.
I don't really care. I think a new thread is better so you don't have to read all the old posts.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:49 PM 01-14-2010
Harsh!
[Reply]
Starscream 02:50 PM 01-14-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Harsh!
On the Reds or on Dan?:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 02:57 PM 01-14-2010
On the Reds or on Dan?:-)
Good question.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:30 AM 01-15-2010
I don't think anyone comes in and reads the whole thread. It is pretty much the same banter with the same people. Just stick to the "Reds Fan's Check In Thread" :-)

Dan, just admit you started a new thread to make more posts. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:09 PM 01-17-2010
Anyone think that the Reds actually have a shot at the Wild Card this year? :-)
Besides Dan ofcourse. :-)

They haven't seemed to make any real good off season moves. I know they won't go after the large free-agents (similar to the Bengals) but it would be nice to see them actually make a few moves instead of trading away every decent player they have in the majors for all their Triple-A projects :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:53 AM 01-18-2010

it would be nice to see them actually make a few moves instead of trading away every decent player they have in the majors for all their Triple-A projects :-)
:-)
Playoffs are always possible, but I don't think it'll be this year.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 225
« First < 14222324 25263474124 > Last »
Up