Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 82
« First < 14222324 25263474 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 06:21 PM 01-01-2012
Jerome Iginla scored #499 today....still has 5 minutes left to get 500.
icehog3 10:47 PM 01-01-2012
Going to the Hawks - Oilers game tomorrow. Bought tickets to this one because I wanted to see 3 recent 1st round picks (Hall #1-2010, Nugent-Hopkins #1 2011 and Eberle #22 2010) on one line....the kids are pretty amazing.

That being said, I still hope the Hawks smoke 'em. :-)
D Man 05:55 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Going to the Hawks - Oilers game tomorrow. Bought tickets to this one because I wanted to see 3 recent 1st round picks (Hall #1-2010, Nugent-Hopkins #1 2011 and Eberle #22 2010) on one line....the kids are pretty amazing.

Have fun Tom. Kait and I will be visiting in Feburary 11-13. Playoffs time.
D Man 05:57 PM 01-02-2012
Great Winter Classic game today. Makes you want to lace them up and get on the pond.
Ahbroody 06:30 PM 01-02-2012
No ponds here, but did want to go to the rink.
Played in a father son game yesterday though and that was pretty awesome.
44stampede 08:10 PM 01-02-2012
Just noticed the hockey thread!

I'm from Calgary. Haven't lived there for a while but follow the Flames when I can. Watched the Preds game when Jarome got 499. I am back to Calgary late Jan and kinda hoping I get to see 500 though I think he get's it before then.

Ice Hog, my gramps is a huge Blackhawks fan. Loved that they won the cup while he was still around. He'd been waiting a long time!
icehog3 11:49 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Originally Posted by D Man:
Have fun Tom. Kait and I will be visiting in Feburary 11-13. Playoffs time.
Playoffs start in April, Dan, but it will be great to have you here anyway!

Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Ice Hog, my gramps is a huge Blackhawks fan. Loved that they won the cup while he was still around. He'd been waiting a long time!
Glad to hear it, I started wondering if they would ever win it in my lifetime as well. Tell your Grandpa I said he has great taste in hockey teams.

Hope I am watching when Iginla gets #500.
Bruins Fan 08:30 AM 01-03-2012
Hey Tom how many games is Carcillo going to get? 3-6 that was nasty.
icehog3 10:49 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Hey Tom how many games is Carcillo going to get? 3-6 that was nasty.
I would bet 6 to 8, because he is a "repeat offender". If his knee is as bad as it looked coming off the ice, he might need 6 games anyway.
Ahbroody 10:58 AM 01-03-2012
Not a good hit. Very dangerous and dumb. The worse thing from his side is he slowed down to get behind him then sent him into the boards. Wonder if his knee got trashed. Be funny if they hold his suspension tilll after he recovers
icehog3 11:03 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Not a good hit. Very dangerous and dumb. The worse thing from his side is he slowed down to get behind him then sent him into the boards. Wonder if his knee got trashed. Be funny if they hold his suspension tilll after he recovers
Thought about holding his suspension, Mike, I guess I hope not. I know Gilbert didn't return, hope he is OK. I guess it's poetic justice that possibly Carcillo is hurt worse than his victim.
Wanger 12:43 PM 01-03-2012
Thank dog December's over. Was a BAD month by the Wild. :-) Went to the game on the 26th when Spurgeon got checked from behind. They had him strapped to a gurney on the way out of the arena, and the guy who hit him didn't get a suspension. Something tells me there will be some glovesdropped the next time they meet the Avs.

As they get guys back healthy, I think their fortunes will turn again, and that December will be an aberration, not a norm.
Gophernut 01:03 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Thank dog December's over. Was a BAD month by the Wild. :-) Went to the game on the 26th when Spurgeon got checked from behind. They had him strapped to a gurney on the way out of the arena, and the guy who hit him didn't get a suspension. Something tells me there will be some glovesdropped the next time they meet the Avs.

As they get guys back healthy, I think their fortunes will turn again, and that December will be an aberration, not a norm.
Well when you don't have Koivu, Setoguchi, Zidlicky, Bouchard and your two starting goalies take turns getting hurt, it's hard to keep playing at the level that they had been. We get Setoguchi back tonight, so hopefully we can start a run of being healthy and win some in a row here!
E.J. 01:13 PM 01-04-2012
Wonder if his knee got trashed.
Yep...thought they reported trashed on ESPN this AM...

Avs have slid into the 8.... Getting into the playoffs for these kids would be a pretty big accomplishment IMO.... GO AVS!
E.J. 01:32 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Went to the game on the 26th when Spurgeon got checked from behind. They had him strapped to a gurney on the way out of the arena, and the guy who hit him didn't get a suspension. Something tells me there will be some glovesdropped the next time they meet the Avs.

I am sure there would be some retribution....

IMO the pic doesn't exactly show the play, as Spurgeon checked up 4' from the boards with McLeod flying in behind him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4f7Z...eature=related
Ahbroody 07:12 PM 01-04-2012
Sharks play Ducks tonight. Hope they can turn the tide like they did against the a$$hat canucks the other day. That was a good win. Thought the officiating was pis$ in that game. The refs let those guys pull too much cheap crap after the whistle and runaway.
Bruins Fan 07:54 PM 01-04-2012
Bruins win 6-1 :-)
icehog3 08:07 PM 01-04-2012
Sharks play Ducks tonight. Hope they can turn the tide like they did against the a$$hat canucks the other day. That was a good win. Thought the officiating was pis$ in that game. The refs let those guys pull too much cheap crap after the whistle and runaway.
I'm watching, with maybe a peek here and there at the Wild game.

Eller had 4 goals for the Habs versus the Jets with 3:30 minutes left, including a penalty shot goal. And Pavelec is one of my fantasy goalies. :-)
Ahbroody 08:30 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Bruins win 6-1 :-)

Bs look Strong. Watched Wings other night. They are rolling also. Wish the Sharks could figure it out. Friggin tough watching a lot of nights.
icehog3 08:59 PM 01-04-2012
Bs look Strong. Watched Wings other night. They are rolling also. Wish the Sharks could figure it out. Friggin tough watching a lot of nights.
Wings, Blues and Hawks in a dogfight in the Central....all three teams playing well at this point.
Page 24 of 82
« First < 14222324 25263474 > Last »
Up