Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 239 of 350
« First < 139189229237238239 240241249289339 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
itzfrank 03:07 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
In all seriousness, just do an extra set or two during arm day for that arm. I still have a lot of muscular imbalances and strength from playing Baseball. I just do an extra set or two targeting the areas.

Hit the Gym this morning.
Did some Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Followed by 40minutes of cardio.
I have similar issues. On my throwing arm side(right) my chest is a lot weaker and smaller then the left because of how much stronger my right shoulder is then my left.

I, also, seem to be a lot stroner on my right leg then my left. I attribute it to it being the leg I use to fire out of the hole with when throwing down to bases after base stealers. Either that, or better co-ordination.
SilverFox 03:26 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Good posts there SilverFox.
Tx Frank, sorry for the delayed response. Damn cold is trying to kick my ass.

On a different note..............been reading a lot about Branched Chain Amino Acids.

I am trying to limit my supplements to stuff that has some proven science behind it and at this point am supplementing with Whey Isolate, and Creatine.........has anyone had any experience with BCAA's?
BigFrank 06:49 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
That's what I'm taking when this jug runs out. :-)

Anyone remember smilax from the old days? I thought it fired me up but reading about now on the innerwebz it sounds like it does nothing...
Never heard of that. But I do remember ultimate orange, which got pulled for having some REAL illegal supplements in it...

Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Tx Frank, sorry for the delayed response. Damn cold is trying to kick my ass.

On a different note..............been reading a lot about Branched Chain Amino Acids.

I am trying to limit my supplements to stuff that has some proven science behind it and at this point am supplementing with Whey Isolate, and Creatine.........has anyone had any experience with BCAA's?
I feel you on this one. I used to take a lot of crap. Now I just stick to the basics.

Silver Fox, I take BCAA is one form or another. There are a lot of drink mixes etc. They are great to drink anytime before/during/after workouts, when the muscle are in essence primed and ready to upload nutrients quickly. Also, they are good too drink when not in workout mode, they body uses them to rebuild muscle. Since they are already broken down into simple form they upload quickly. There's a lot of science behind them and they are pretty damn cheap. I guess bottom line, get some they cheap and they are helpful.

I use two types. Carb and Non-Carb
Carb= Powdered Gatorade + BCAA
Non Carb= Universal Nutrition EAA or BCAA
jmsremax 09:09 PM 10-18-2010
I am more cardio now (I could still be consuming BCAAs nevertheless) but when I was focused on lifting I would make sure I consumed BCAAs pre and post workout. You can simply buy protein that has BCAAs or take it as a separate supplement (I used to use purple wraath).

BCAAs assist with protein synthesis and reduce muscle fatigue (aka breakdown). I recommend anyone take BCAAs.
PeteSB75 06:38 AM 10-19-2010
Taking the week off lifting. Have fun guys.
bonjing 01:33 PM 10-19-2010
Kinda of a poor workout night last night. I just couldn't get the last sets up and couldn't do the weight I'm used to, and on the treadmill I couldn't keep up the pace/incline that I normally do :-).
Supersets

Incline dumbbell/bent over lateral raise 3x15
flat dumbbell/lateral raise 3x15
15 min on the treadmill
BigFrank 02:52 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Taking the week off lifting. Have fun guys.
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

=(
GreekGodX 02:54 PM 10-19-2010
I really messed up my shoulder doing incline bench. I was trying to target my upper chest more and I think it was just too much. Good/Bad thing (depending on how you look at it) is it is the opposite shoulder that I have tendonitis/bersitis in. It is murder to even sleep on that side. Looks like no pressing movements for a while. Even doing pullups aggravates it.
Da Klugs 03:02 PM 10-19-2010
got to 80 push-ups this morning.

Bought a couple 12 pound hand weights and one of those bundgy corded things with handles.
DBall 03:06 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
got to 80 push-ups this morning.

Bought a couple 12 pound hand weights and one of those bundgy corded things with handles.
Damn, Dave... you are a beast!

Are you doing these all at once or breaking them up (like, 20 at a time, rest for a few minutes, 20 more, etc.)?
Da Klugs 03:14 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Damn, Dave... you are a beast!

Are you doing these all at once or breaking them up (like, 20 at a time, rest for a few minutes, 20 more, etc.)?
All at once. It wouldnt be 80 if I broke em up. Getting pretty hard, I may need to slow down my quest for 100 a bit. Don't want to tweak anything.

Starting to firm up a bit and notice the shoulder definition.

Yea right....

more like:

icehog3 03:56 PM 10-19-2010
Looks like your yambag shrunk in the first photo, Dave. Congrats on the 80 mark. :-)

SUS 500 is kicking in for me. :-) :-)
Patrick B 06:50 PM 10-19-2010
Great back and bi workout tonight. Better pump than I'm used to getting in my back...
Da Klugs 08:01 AM 10-20-2010
85 push-ups this morning.
Patrick B 01:13 PM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Looks like your yambag shrunk in the first photo, Dave. Congrats on the 80 mark. :-)

SUS 500 is kicking in for me. :-) :-)
Tell me more about the SUS500. I read mixed reviews online regarding it's side effects. I currently take creatine, a good MV, and just eat tons of clean protein. I would love to try something else for muscle/strength gains...
icehog3 01:23 PM 10-20-2010
Tell me more about the SUS500. I read mixed reviews online regarding it's side effects. I currently take creatine, a good MV, and just eat tons of clean protein. I would love to try something else for muscle/strength gains...

Unfortunately, Patrick, SUS 500 has been off the market for over a year. G.E.T. (the same manufacturer) just came out with SUS 500 Black, which I am waiting to hear results on from some of my gym buds. I was resourceful enough to get enough SUS 500 to last me until hopefully a comparable replacement is developed by someone.
Patrick B 01:26 PM 10-20-2010
Thanks, Tom. Keep me in the loop. :-)
icehog3 01:29 PM 10-20-2010
Thanks, Tom. Keep me in the loop. :-)
I have a couple guys I trust, who seem to have similar results with supps that I do, who are getting ready to do a cycle...I will let you know what they think, Patrick.
Patrick B 06:23 PM 10-20-2010
I'd love something that gave me real gains, but do not want any shitty side effects. Thanks for keeping me in mind.
BigFrank 06:32 PM 10-20-2010
I'd love something that gave me real gains, but do not want any shitty side effects. Thanks for keeping me in mind.
This will not ever happen unless you do it natural.
Page 239 of 350
« First < 139189229237238239 240241249289339 > Last »
Up