Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 237 of 270
« First < 137187227235236237 238239247 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
pnoon 11:39 PM 02-04-2015
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Smoked burgers with feta cheese and caramelized onions
How exactly did you prepare these? They sound delicious.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:19 AM 02-05-2015
Originally Posted by Steve:
We had our annual work day at the archery club last weekend.Image

We definately have a new rub at OldChurchBBQ!

:-)
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Sauced and ready to eat:

Great looking BBQ':-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 10:35 AM 02-05-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
How exactly did you prepare these? They sound delicious.
+1 I'm interested, too!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:27 PM 02-20-2015
Mini bacon explosions, on a stick.

http://youtu.be/7uMaONUiAZY
[Reply]
T.G 05:53 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Mini bacon explosions, on a stick.

http://youtu.be/7uMaONUiAZY
Genius! BBQ meatsicles. Thanks for the ideas, Bob! :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:38 AM 02-21-2015
Pretty cool. Thanks, Bob.
I'd never be able to make them that small and get the cheese to stay in. :-)
I really need my yard to defrost so I can get out again.
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:18 AM 03-08-2015
After all the snow and cold weather, I need this,

and this.

It's going to be a good dinner. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:10 AM 03-08-2015
Looking forward to seeing the "after" picture!
[Reply]
tsolomon 04:27 AM 03-09-2015
10 hours later,

[Reply]
jonumberone 06:14 AM 03-09-2015
Looks good.

Making me jealous!!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:23 AM 03-09-2015
[Reply]
357 11:19 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Some nice cooks!

Adam, any thoughts on the A-maze-N smoker I see in the Velveeta pic?
I picked one up but have yet to try it. I've been too lazy to shovel a path to the shed.
Was it easy to light and keep going? Any detectable taste difference?
I guess the Macgyvered Coffee can/soldering gun has been laid to rest.
Are you using pellets or dust?
I have the Amazen Tube Smoker. I've only used it once with the included pellets but I had great results using a large charcoal grill. I just put it onto one of the charcoal pans and used the cooking surface along with the warming rack for my items. I smoked a ton of peppers and some cheese. Peppers got dehydrated and ground for seasoning. Cheese got waxed and saved for later.

I bought a bag of apple wood pellets at BassPro that I'll be using next time I cold smoke. I had no issues with heat or it going out the first time. I lit with a torch as recommended. I think if you follow their specific instructions you'll be fine.
[Reply]
357 11:22 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Attached are a few pictures from a recent smoke during the Christmas holidays. I did two briskets, two shoulders and a fattie. The briskets were done using the "high heat" method which is a first for me. That's smoking these briskets in about 6 hours at about 350. I've always done the long, slow and low method before. This was the best brisket I've ever made. Think I'm a convert!

I bought the whole packers at Costco and have to admit, I was shocked at the price. I don't remember brisket being $6.50 a pound.

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/sze...?sort=2&page=1
I smoke most of my meats a bit above "normal". I do port butts around 250-275. I do brisket around 275-300. I've only had one complaint of dry meat and that was when it was eaten after reheating, (and not reheated by me). My cook times are usually a bit quicker.

BTW, if there's an RD near you, get a free membership and save money.

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/

I get Choice grade brisket, often certified angus beef, for under $4/lb all day everyday. Under $3.50 if it's on sale. Bone in pork butt was on sale for $1.24/lb last time I was there and $1.12/lb if you buy a case (6 twin packs). Chicken leg quarters are usually under $0.60/lb too. Bacon I get 15 lbs for $24.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:40 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by 357:
I smoke most of my meats a bit above "normal". I do port butts around 250-275. I do brisket around 275-300. I've only had one complaint of dry meat and that was when it was eaten after reheating, (and not reheated by me). My cook times are usually a bit quicker.

I get Choice grade brisket, often certified angus beef, for under $4/lb all day everyday. Under $3.50 if it's on sale. Bone in pork butt was on sale for $1.24/lb last time I was there and $1.12/lb if you buy a case (6 twin packs). Chicken leg quarters are usually under $0.60/lb too. Bacon I get 15 lbs for $24.
Sadly,

"*Restaurant Depot is wholesale only. To qualify for a free membership account, on your first visit you need to show a valid reseller's permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and show proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization."
[Reply]
357 12:47 PM 03-09-2015
Sadly,

"*Restaurant Depot is wholesale only. To qualify for a free membership account, on your first visit you need to show a valid reseller's permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and show proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization."
True but it doesn't specify that the business has to be in food service. Any business license will work.
[Reply]
pnoon 12:54 PM 03-09-2015
True but it doesn't specify that the business has to be in food service. Any business license will work.
I'm still SOL.
[Reply]
357 01:17 PM 03-09-2015
I'm still SOL.
I know it's not for everyone. My wife has a baking business on the side; bread, specialty cakes, etc. A $40 visit to the county clerk got us a lifetime membership to R.D.
[Reply]
Stevez 02:12 PM 03-09-2015

Thanks Mike; We do have one here in Louisville, but never been there. My wife and I do have a little business that may work. How is it different from Costco/Sams for food? Online shows mostly resteraunt equipment. Is it worth it for the meats and other food items alone? Thanks.
[Reply]
Stevez 02:18 PM 03-09-2015
Mike, I do see your prices for choice brisket which is much better than Costco, at least the last time I visited. My above question was overall how you think, if you know, their prices compare to a Costco. Thanks.
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:06 PM 03-09-2015
For those interested in Restaurant Depot without a business license, you can join the KCBS.
One of the benefits of membership are day passes to Restaurant Depot.
Just go to the customer service desk, show your KCBS membership card and they'll issue you a pass.
You'll have to show your card and get a new pass each time, but there are no limit to the amount of times you can go.
Membership to the KCBS is $35 a year.

http://www.kcbs.us/

Hover your mouse over the join/renew tab on the top right of the screen and the member privileges should appear.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 270
« First < 137187227235236237 238239247 > Last »
Up