Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 235 of 350
« First < 135185225233234235 236237245285335 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Da Klugs 06:34 AM 09-29-2010
Made it to 50 push-ups this morning. Felt good. Notice a difference in how I look and feel after only 2 weeks.
icehog3 08:07 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Made it to 50 push-ups this morning. Felt good. Notice a difference in how I look and feel after only 2 weeks.
Ain't it cool how fast that happens, Dave? :-)

Off to row, row, row my lats. Going to try to start with pullups, been over month since the rib cartlidge injury...hoping it's healed.
PeteSB75 06:51 AM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ain't it cool how fast that happens, Dave? :-)

Off to row, row, row my lats. Going to try to start with pullups, been over month since the rib cartlidge injury...hoping it's healed.
How were the pullups Tom?

Back and shoulders for me this morning. Almost missed a couple reps on my cleans. Didn't sleep well last night, only 5 hrs instead of my usual 7-7.5. Hope to have more/better tonight.
icehog3 07:27 AM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
How were the pullups Tom?
Finally was able to do them with no pain in the rib area, Pete. Reps and endurance were way down (got 18, 14, 10 and 8), but it felt great to do them...they work the lats in a way all the rowing can't. :-)

Hope you get some more ZZZs tonight!
BigFrank 06:55 PM 10-01-2010
Back Bis and shoulders today. Ran 10 trips with the dragging sled outside of the new Gym. Also Gold's is history canceled my membership there ( well not final until Nov. but w.e. ) New Gym keeps getting new **** in everyday. They have 2 big ass tractor tires outside and a few sledge hammers, and plan on getting more or each. I also talked to owner in on buying a few prowler's.

Hope this works out.

Oh also started cardio and diet yesterday...:-)
icehog3 12:02 AM 10-02-2010
Congrats on how cool the new gym sounds, Frank!

...and my sympathy on the diet. :-)
AD720 11:43 AM 10-02-2010
Wooo! Hit the gym today and officially started my membership. Some cardio (Eliptical, Stair climber) and some arms and legs. Nice and light to get started.

Looking forward to really getting into a routine to max my pump! :-)
BigFrank 03:01 PM 10-02-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congrats on how cool the new gym sounds, Frank!

...and my sympathy on the diet. :-)
Ya it's pretty sweet.

Day #3 on the Diet. It sucks. My largest meal is in the morning than another meal midday, but that's about it. I've pretty much been hungry all day since I woke up, but that's where my problem is. I eat 5-6 times a day rather healthy during the week minus my usual crappy dinner ( eat out or pizza / ice cream etc. ) but I find that especially on the weekends I snack pretty much all day and eat out at least 2-3 times a day...Doing 6 solid meals right now with 3 carb meals and 3 fat meals. Going to get over 300g of protein per day. Carbs are going to be around 150-200g and Healthy fats will be in the 100g range. So total cals are going to run 2700 to 3000. Going to keep it low on the carbs now, but I may spike them to 250 or 300 on training days. Going to see how well this works. But non workout days will stay low. But main goal is just eat clean...

Goal right now is get back under 240. Weight was 265 Monday at the Gym.

My training will be as usual. This is my game plan...Mon - Squat + Deadlift Thurs- Bench Fri -assistance. I may start a 4th day for shoulders maybe saturday... Cardio is only three times a week with 2 low intensity days, i.e. walking on treadmill for 30minutes or so followed by high intensity on saturday i.e. sled drags, hill sprints, prowler pushes...
icehog3 03:01 PM 10-02-2010
Chest and back supersets today...great workout.

Flat bench - Pull ups

Incline bench - Barbell rows

Decline bench - T-bar rows

Dips - More Pull ups

Tonight starts a run of 4 hockey games in 5 nights for me, so I am only going to train Monday and Wednesday next week....then I am off 4 days for the DMWTII Herf.
BigFrank 03:04 PM 10-02-2010
Sounds good there Tom. Spark a good stick for me...
icehog3 03:34 PM 10-02-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Sounds good there Tom. Spark a good stick for me...
You got it Brother...good luck with the healthy eating, I am trying to do the same.
AD720 08:32 AM 10-03-2010
What do you guys think of this routine to get started?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...s-workout.html

My plan is Mon, Weds and Fri for weight training with a 20 minute cardio warmup and cool down. Then for Saturdays the plan is to do a solid 2 hours of cardio + abs.

Does anyone think I should swtich the Legs and Shoulders to Weds and the Biceps and Back to Fri so I'll have fresher legs for my saturday cardio?
BigFrank 09:31 AM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:
What do you guys think of this routine to get started?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...s-workout.html

My plan is Mon, Weds and Fri for weight training with a 20 minute cardio warmup and cool down. Then for Saturdays the plan is to do a solid 2 hours of cardio + abs.

Does anyone think I should switch the Legs and Shoulders to Weds and the Biceps and Back to Fri so I'll have fresher legs for my Saturday cardio?
It doesn't look like a bad program for a beginner. I would trim to warmup from 20 minutes down to 5min and spend a little time stretching and warming up the muscle that will be used during the training. Instead of 20 min cool down, just do 30 min cardio at the end of your workout. Get your heart rate in the fat burning range and plug away. Doing this will add a little fat burner to your workout and economize it too.

I would skip the 2 hours of cardio on Saturday and do 45 minutes of steady state cardio or something shorter but higher intensity. 2 hours is just overkill honestly. If you are just going to do steady state cardio on Saturday, legs on Friday is fine. If you plan on doing something a little more demanding I would move leg day. You can also move shoulders too Saturday and make it a 4th training day combined with cardio if you'd like to spend a little bit of time there.
PeteSB75 07:29 PM 10-03-2010
Spin yesterday and today for me, then I spent the afternoon running around with my wife's cousin's three boys - 3, 5 & 7.
AD720 08:35 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
It doesn't look like a bad program for a beginner. I would trim to warmup from 20 minutes down to 5min and spend a little time stretching and warming up the muscle that will be used during the training. Instead of 20 min cool down, just do 30 min cardio at the end of your workout. Get your heart rate in the fat burning range and plug away. Doing this will add a little fat burner to your workout and economize it too.

I would skip the 2 hours of cardio on Saturday and do 45 minutes of steady state cardio or something shorter but higher intensity. 2 hours is just overkill honestly. If you are just going to do steady state cardio on Saturday, legs on Friday is fine. If you plan on doing something a little more demanding I would move leg day. You can also move shoulders too Saturday and make it a 4th training day combined with cardio if you'd like to spend a little bit of time there.
Thanks Frank. For my Saturday the only reason I'm planning on all cardio and abs is that is the day my wife is coming to the Gym with me and those are her targets so I want to be able to support her, and 2 hours of slow and steady is going to be better than 45 minutes of intense for her. It will be 2 hours of light cardio I'm sure but I'm still planning on switching my legs/shoulders day and bi/back day.

I also did 25 pushups and 60 crunches yesterday morning. Feeling good already.

So tonight is chest and tri's! I'm psyched!
AD720 08:36 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Spin yesterday and today for me, then I spent the afternoon running around with my wife's cousin's three boys - 3, 5 & 7.
How did you like spinning? My gym offers classes and my interest is sort of up on it right now.
DBall 10:57 AM 10-04-2010
My most recent goal was to bench my body weight or more...

Current weight: 141.5lbs

Todays max bench press: 145lbs

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, only one time, but that I could do it at all ****ing rocks!

The owner of the gym was walking by and saw me... asked me if I needed someone to spot. Perfect timing, too.

Now I'm gonna focus on doing sets more. I just REALLY wanted to do that one time and I have now. :-)

Also, got chest flys on the machine at 168lbs (after all the free weight stuff) and was able to do it around 5 times. Tried 180 and couldn't even move it because I was spent by then. :-)

Today was a good day!
Da Klugs 11:38 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
My most recent goal was to bench my body weight or more...

Current weight: 141.5lbs

Todays max bench press: 145lbs

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, only one time, but that I could do it at all ****ing rocks!

The owner of the gym was walking by and saw me... asked me if I needed someone to spot. Perfect timing, too.

Now I'm gonna focus on doing sets more. I just REALLY wanted to do that one time and I have now. :-)

Also, got chest flys on the machine at 168lbs (after all the free weight stuff) and was able to do it around 5 times. Tried 180 and couldn't even move it because I was spent by then. :-)

Today was a good day!
Congrats!!!!

Hit 55 push ups today. Have not missed a day in the process. Trying to take is slow +1 each day. Goal is 100 - then maybe we branch out to other types of exercise.
Mugen910 12:03 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Goal is 100 - then maybe we branch out to other types of exercise.
Butt clenches and hip thrusts are always good! :-) :-)

Good work to Dave and Dan for the progression!
GreekGodX 08:08 PM 10-04-2010
Nice progress Dave and Dan :-) keep on going guys!

I'm completely switching it up this week. Did 100 reps of deadlifts with 135 with 2 45 second breaks at 50 and again at 90. Followed by 100 reps of bent over row with 100 pounds. I needed more breaks for the bent over rows 4-1 minute breaks at 30, 50, 75, 85. Went on to pull ups and crapped out after 10 reps. The first 3 reps were brutal, 4-9 seemed normal and by the time I squeezed out the 10th I figured there would be no way of getting 100 or even 50 for that matter. I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow..
Page 235 of 350
« First < 135185225233234235 236237245285335 > Last »
Up