Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 234 of 352
« First < 134184224232233234 235236244284334 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
emopunker2004 08:07 AM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Paul is running way behind.
I just hit four weeks and nothing yet.
In the past, they would ship within two to three weeks.
Seems everyone is slammed.
I ordered mine on dec 26. I emailed Paul on Friday and he said my holster will be going in the mail Monday :-)
emopunker2004 08:08 AM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by big a:
Yea that is what his website says than he emailed me too. Do you get the standard cant? I went with that but was thinking if upping it some to his better.
I got the standard clip one with 15* cant for my CW45
TNT009 12:12 PM 01-27-2013
No panic buying because I'm not paying triple prices for a magazine or crazy prices for ammo!
spectrrr 12:12 PM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Holy crap, seriously, you got 2? I need to do the Google Chrome thingy
If you really want the edge, get another extension called LastPass. Set a hotkey in the settings for default form fill with your CC info. I did it on my second one, worked like a charm.
Practice first with a grip, you don't have to check out all the way.

Also don't forget to set the page monitor refresh time down to 5 seconds. I used Two computers refrshing at an offset time so it was closer to every 2.5 seconds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Drez 07:07 PM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
My Ar and Remington 870 are black synthetic, my SKS is Flat Dark Earth Tapco, been wanting to ditch the wood furniture in the WASR for a while.
when you do let me know i might take it off your hands. :-):-)
Robulous78 07:14 PM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
Hehehe, my fiance complains I never do anything half assed (sometimes a good thing, sometimes not!). I figured if I'm going to waste any time trying to get it, then I was going to GET IT, not just "sorta try" and lose to someone else who wanted to get it more :-)

Yep, check the pics a posted a page back. That's exactly what you get, just a stripped lower. They got the license from whoever owns the resident evil franchise to use the Umbrella Corp logo and name. So the manufacurer is listed as "Umbrella Corporation". It is also reputed to be a top quality part.

Depending on your taste in movies, your oppinion on it could varry from being "super badass" to "huh, what's the big deal?"

I'm working on building a pair of nicer quality ARs (one 16", one 20") so this will compliment the serenty lower nicely :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Awesome Francis... I loved the movies... Now I just have to see if there are any half-life custom lowers... :-)

Anyone else have cool custom logo's icons on theirs? I know Justin does...
spectrrr 08:03 PM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Awesome Francis... I loved the movies... Now I just have to see if there are any half-life custom lowers... :-)

Anyone else have cool custom logo's icons on theirs? I know Justin does...
I do I do (again). hehehe
From Serenity :-)

Originally Posted by spectrrr:
New lower for my 3gun AR is in :-) :-)

Robulous78 08:04 PM 01-27-2013
really cool Francis... :-)

I wonder what others there must be out there...
spectrrr 08:17 PM 01-27-2013
Make your own :-)

I met a guy today local at my gun show that engraves lowers. $50/side. He'll also do something that's apparently impossible to find, he'll engrave the front edge of the magwell. Says he has to take apart his laser and pull out the bottom of it then line the lower up backwards. Charges $80, but says he'll do it.

http://www.thunderboltgunworks.com
Robulous78 08:21 PM 01-27-2013
SICK... Does he do color also? I know this is super dorky... but I would LOVE a lower with a Half Life 2: Civil Patrol gas mask on the side... LOL :-)
spectrrr 08:38 PM 01-27-2013
SICK... Does he do color also? I know this is super dorky... but I would LOVE a lower with a Half Life 2: Civil Patrol gas mask on the side... LOL :-)
email him :-)

his business partner, (and judging from the names, his brother), was setup in the booth next to him. one does laser etching. one does duracoating. They live in neighboring towns and work together on projects.

Sounded like his AR prices were reasonable from what I was understanding. I didn't get a quote from him b/c I don't have my full prject speced out yet.
CigarSquid 08:40 PM 01-27-2013
Got the LC9 all cleaned up after shooting just over 300 rounds through it today with the wife. Her idea to go today!

Man, I want another hand gun.. Prolly another 9mm.
CigarSquid 10:06 PM 01-27-2013
Anyone dealt with https://samcoglobal.com/index.html before?

I would like to get more 9mm ammo.. I just got 1k in, but with through 300 today.. I want to get some on order.
Brian D. 04:49 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by garryyjr:

I would like to get more 9mm ammo.. I just got 1k in, but with through 300 today.. I want to get some on order.
Not that this helps much but as memory serves Samco has been around for quite a few years. (That always gives me some confidence in ordering stuff from an outfit for the first time.)
Digs 06:50 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by garryyjr:

Its been a couple years, bought a lot of high end Mauser's from them and the were the only source at one time for the nicest of the nice Yugo sks's. they are known in the collector world for higher end C&R firearms.
emopunker2004 07:04 AM 01-28-2013
Color it yourself, I did my wife's with acrylic paint, toothpick, q-tip, paper towel and paint or nail polish remover.

color by emopunker2004, on Flickr
spectrrr 11:43 AM 01-28-2013
woohoo. The UPS fairy was kind today... Magpul MOE LPK came in from palmetto, and the 16" middy upper came in from Aim Surplus, including that impossible to find part, the bolt carrier group. looks like it's an m16 style one too. :-) And I can go pick up my serenity lower tonight.

So now the fun part, taking that gaggle of parts, throwing them up in the air, and watching a complete rifle land on the ground :d

Only thing lacking is a low profile gas block and new rail... but that will be trickier, because I don't have any means of measuring torque on the new barrel nut :-)
Robulous78 11:55 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Color it yourself, I did my wife's with acrylic paint, toothpick, q-tip, paper towel and paint or nail polish remover.

color by emopunker2004, on Flickr
That's pretty bad ass... Didn't know it could be done at home... Did you have to get anything special done with the etching to do it? Like deeper or something?
emopunker2004 11:59 AM 01-28-2013
That's pretty bad ass... Didn't know it could be done at home... Did you have to get anything special done with the etching to do it? Like deeper or something?
Nope. It's the stock roll mark from spikes tactical. Just google coloring in ar15 rollmark, would most likely work different for a lazer engraving, not sure.
Robulous78 03:50 PM 01-28-2013
Yo Justin & Francis...

Wanted to ask you if you would happen to know anything about this knife from the new Resident Evil Movie... I can't make up my mind if its real (ie commercially available) or a unique prop... Thought you might know Francis from your love of the movies...

[IMG]Image knife by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]
Page 234 of 352
« First < 134184224232233234 235236244284334 > Last »
Up