Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 234 of 350
« First < 134184224232233234 235236244284334 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 04:06 PM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
LOL! I don't know one of the guys we train with has a legal prescription for test-cypinate. Granted he may "have" and "take" more than the recommended dose....
Ah, get prescribed 10ccs a week, take 50ccs a week. "Hey, I have a prescription"! :-) :-)

I am so slow sometimes. :-)

Good back workout today, heavy rows of all sorts. :-)
Da Klugs 04:19 PM 09-23-2010
Made the 40 pushup mark this morning.
icehog3 04:23 PM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:

:-) :-)

Rockin' the sit-ups yet, Dave?
Da Klugs 04:26 PM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) :-)

Rockin' the sit-ups yet, Dave?
Nope but I do some wiggling pelvic thrusts in the shower. Last couple of nights did a couple minutes of isometric stomach tightening.

Gotta take it slow as to not intimidate you guys. :-)
icehog3 04:27 PM 09-23-2010
Nope but I do some wiggling pelvic thrusts in the shower. Last couple of nights did a couple minutes of isometric stomach tightening.

Gotta take it slow as to not intimidate you guys. :-)
It's your Birthday already?? :-)
DBall 05:20 PM 09-23-2010
Set a flat bench up in the power cage and set the safety bars to catch the weight if you cant get it up...
I'll have to see what you mean about that. I think we have one of those power cage things there...

Awesome milestone... congrats!
DBall 09:59 AM 09-24-2010
Current Body Weight: 142.5

Today's Max Bench Press: 135

I'm close!!!

Did 2 sets of 10 chest fly's at 144 on the machine, too.

Super stoked on this... it absolutely made my day. Hell, I was so excited about going to lift today and trying to hit my goal I actually couldn't get to sleep for some time last night.

:-)
Mugen910 10:03 AM 09-24-2010
Nice Dan!!

quick max reps workout upper body. :-)
BigFrank 08:04 AM 09-27-2010
Car was busted this morning so I was at the gym at 7am ( WTF I KNOW RIGHT? )

Anyways blasted some squatted and some rack pulls. Hopefully this will be my last workout and Gold's. Walked some weight out of the rack, which I used to hate but I kind of enjoy it somewhat. Rack pulls with a sumo stance suck ass BTW. Anyways, I embarrassed everyone in the Gym ****ing off at 7am.

Car is fixed now. Battery was bad, and I'm stupid for getting it charged a week ago when I should have just bought a damn new one. FML.
bonjing 07:06 PM 09-27-2010
question about supplements:

What is a good muscle building supplement to take after a work out? I end up sleeping after my workout if that makes any difference. (work, exercise, sleep)

How often are you supposed take supplements? After working out only/everyday?

A friend gave me a tub of something, can't remember what it's called, that I'm taking right now that I mix with milk. I read something a while back that mentioned a plain glass of milk after a workout is very helpful, any truth to this?
Da Klugs 07:25 PM 09-27-2010
45 push ups this am. Did a few leg lifts at dinner. :-)
DBall 07:49 PM 09-27-2010
45 push ups this am. Did a few leg lifts at dinner. :-)

Good going... that's awesome!
AD720 07:53 PM 09-27-2010
Whoo! I joined the gym!

Had a session with a personal trainer on Saturday and I am still feeling it (can barely lift my arms above my shoulders).

Can anyone recommend an iphone or android app that sort of walks me through a session at the gym?
PeteSB75 06:09 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by bonjing:

What is a good muscle building supplement to take after a work out? I end up sleeping after my workout if that makes any difference. (work, exercise, sleep)

A friend gave me a tub of something, can't remember what it's called, that I'm taking right now that I mix with milk. I read something a while back that mentioned a plain glass of milk after a workout is very helpful, any truth to this?
You can go to sleep right after a workout? I am usually wired for at least an hour or two, another reason why I go in the morning. As far as supplementation, you just need to get some protein in you within an hour or so after finishing your lifting. That can be in the form of food, chicken, steak, eggs, turkey, milk and soy are all good forms of food protein.

You can also use a powder, whey is the most common, though if you are sleeping right after, casein might be better. Both are useful, but they act slightly differently. You can read about it here.

Originally Posted by AD720:
Whoo! I joined the gym!

Had a session with a personal trainer on Saturday and I am still feeling it (can barely lift my arms above my shoulders).

Can anyone recommend an iphone or android app that sort of walks me through a session at the gym?
Congrats! Now you just need to go on a regular basis :-) I don't know about an app, but I can recommend a book. Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore. Best guide to the basics you will find out there, IMO.

Chest and arms for me today. Cranking it out this morning, my bench 5RM is up 10lbs over the last few months and I think I'll go for some 1RM next week, to see where I stand.
Da Klugs 09:37 AM 09-28-2010
45 this morning. Did some squat thrusts as well.
Mugen910 09:42 AM 09-28-2010
45 this morning. Did some squat thrusts as well.
:-)
BigFrank 01:45 PM 09-28-2010

What time frame are we talking about here from gym to passed out?

Certain supplements are specifically for post-workout some are for everyday use. It really depends on the product and its intended use.

Milk is good to drink post workout of you can stomach it, it's not a bad choice but you need more after a workout and before bed. Mainly bed.
bonjing 04:58 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
You can go to sleep right after a workout? I am usually wired for at least an hour or two, another reason why I go in the morning. As far as supplementation, you just need to get some protein in you within an hour or so after finishing your lifting. That can be in the form of food, chicken, steak, eggs, turkey, milk and soy are all good forms of food protein.

You can also use a powder, whey is the most common, though if you are sleeping right after, casein might be better. Both are useful, but they act slightly differently. You can read about it here.
Yeah I can fall asleep after working out :-) I'm like a bear that way, I don't really sleep I hibernate :-)

What time frame are we talking about here from gym to passed out?

Certain supplements are specifically for post-workout some are for everyday use. It really depends on the product and its intended use.

Milk is good to drink post workout of you can stomach it, it's not a bad choice but you need more after a workout and before bed. Mainly bed.
I can stomach the milk as long as I keep drinking it. I can usually fall asleep within an hour or two after the gym, just really depends on my state of distractions. Last night was hot so it took me about 2-3 hours to sleep. nothing good on tv, maybe an hour.

The stuff my friend gave me is "PRO COMPLEX Augmented Protein System"
BigFrank 07:28 PM 09-28-2010
I can stomach the milk as long as I keep drinking it. I can usually fall asleep within an hour or two after the gym, just really depends on my state of distractions. Last night was hot so it took me about 2-3 hours to sleep. nothing good on tv, maybe an hour.

The stuff my friend gave me is "PRO COMPLEX Augmented Protein System"
Never heard of that stuff.

If your only looking at a two - three hour window before bed, I would just come home from the Gym and eat a normal solid meal. I wouldn't skimp on carbs because after training your body is definitely in need of some. 8-10 ounces of lean meat, some good carb source, some greens and some healthy fats ( I usually just use a salad dressing if I'm eating a salad that contains extra virgin olive oil ).

A lot of people supplement immediately after training with a protein powder. Personally I used to do that but by the time I got home I was too full from eating not to mention training usually does a number on my nerves and appetite. ( on a side note I get up early and train late so I usually train then go home and get ready for bed, so it puts me in a similar situation as yourself ) Which made eating a normal meal difficult after the shake. And I would highly recommend whole food over a protein powder supplement.

It really honestly depends on goals. If you are in a serious "bulking" phase of diet, I would pound a 2:1 ratio shake ( carbs to protein ) right after training, than eat a full meal before bed. I'm not 100% sure what your goals are, or how long you have been seriously training. So for the time being I would just eat that normal meal.
PeteSB75 06:32 AM 09-29-2010
Deads and squats for me this morning. Deads were good, but was just not feeling the squats today. Didn't help that the gym was so damn humid, the windows were all fogged and it was like working out in an armpit.
Page 234 of 350
« First < 134184224232233234 235236244284334 > Last »
Up