Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 233 of 352
« First < 133183223231232233 234235243283333 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
ysr_racer 06:31 PM 01-26-2013
Are you guys falling for all this "panic buying"?

I rufuse to be part of the problem. I have everythig I need, and them some.
Remo 06:33 PM 01-26-2013
No panic buying here.
CigarSquid 06:35 PM 01-26-2013
No panic buying here either.

I was thinking of getting a ton of 9mm ammo before everything went crazy.. Wish I jumped on it then.

So hard to find some decent ammo for good price that is available.

I did just get done building the target stand from, http://www.usacarry.com/portable-target-stand/
Drez 06:36 PM 01-26-2013
I've had this ak on the back burner for a while. My buddy's called me up and told me he was down to the last one and remembers me eyeing it a few months ago before that panic. He gave it to me at that times price.

Brian I dont mind thae black cause my ar, 10-22 and mossberg all have black synthetic too. Od green would be really nice though.
spectrrr 07:07 PM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Those were a limited edition run and pricey
Not terrible. The original run was $135, the current batch is up to $175. That's more or less in line with what you would pay for a premium lower I think. Only trick was getting your hands on one.

Originally Posted by ysr_racer:

I have made a large number of purchases in the last few months, but the only relation it shares with the panic buying is the unfortunate coincidence of calendar date :-)
Blueface 07:11 PM 01-26-2013

Panic buying is not the problem.
Panic buying is a response to the problem.
Those not well prepared, go on a spree to get things they see threatened of being able to get in the future.

I did a whole lot of panic buying. AR10, lots of mags for it, lots of mags for AR15, ammo, etc.
However, I paid the pre panic prices, even through the panic. I refuse to pay the inflated prices if available cheaper through other sources.
I unfortunately did not have everything I need and still don't. If the cause for the panic is put into true effect through new laws, I, like many, will be left without everything we need if we don't get it now.

Panic buying has relevance depending on what side of that fence one falls.
MurphysLaw 07:20 PM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by Drez:
Brian I dont mind thae black cause my ar, 10-22 and mossberg all have black synthetic too. Od green would be really nice though.
My Ar and Remington 870 are black synthetic, my SKS is Flat Dark Earth Tapco, been wanting to ditch the wood furniture in the WASR for a while.
Steelerfanatic 07:54 PM 01-26-2013
I am panic buying but not at the ridiculous prices. I picked up a Daniel defense v5 and the ak47 at msrp. Ammo is where I got caught short. I have 1000's of rounds of 9 and 40 but less than 300 rounds of 223 or 556. Been hitting the Dicks at 9 on Friday and picking up the 6 box max of what they get in.
Steve 08:19 PM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
No panic buying here.
Here either :-)
spectrrr 08:25 PM 01-26-2013

HOLY SH!T!!! I got one... I actually managed to get one!!!!!!!!!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

jluck 10:16 PM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by spectrrr:

HOLY SH!T!!! I got one... I actually managed to get one!!!!!!!!!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-)
How much Francis, If you don't mind me asking.?...
spectrrr 10:25 PM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by jluck:
How much Francis, If you don't mind me asking.?...
Got it straight from the manufacturer, retail price on their website. $175

They're adding small 15-30 batches in stock over the weekend at random times. Sells out in less than 15 seconds after posting (sometimes in less than 8 seconds).

Only way to get one is to use Google Chrome and download the Page Monitor extension. Set it to a 3 second refresh and turn up your speakers.
You also need to have an account already made with them, correct shipping and FFL info already set in the account, and your credit card number sitting in a txt document ready to cut and paste. And your CC expiration date and security code memorized.

I also ordered a pistol grip from them earlier today, both because I wanted to try it (more vertical, looks like an AK grip), and so that I would know the exact sequence of events and buttons to press in the checkout, no time lost reading anything.
Robulous78 10:44 PM 01-26-2013
Wow... Sounds like you have ordering down to a science... :-)

So what is this for? A lower with the umbrella emblem?
spectrrr 10:53 PM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Wow... Sounds like you have ordering down to a science... :-)

So what is this for? A lower with the umbrella emblem?
Hehehe, my fiance complains I never do anything half assed (sometimes a good thing, sometimes not!). I figured if I'm going to waste any time trying to get it, then I was going to GET IT, not just "sorta try" and lose to someone else who wanted to get it more :-)

Yep, check the pics a posted a page back. That's exactly what you get, just a stripped lower. They got the license from whoever owns the resident evil franchise to use the Umbrella Corp logo and name. So the manufacurer is listed as "Umbrella Corporation". It is also reputed to be a top quality part.

Depending on your taste in movies, your oppinion on it could varry from being "super badass" to "huh, what's the big deal?"

I'm working on building a pair of nicer quality ARs (one 16", one 20") so this will compliment the serenty lower nicely :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
spectrrr 01:44 AM 01-27-2013
I couldn't resist.... I got a second one.... now to go find something else to sell to make room for it :-)
hammondc 07:10 AM 01-27-2013
Holy crap, seriously, you got 2? I need to do the Google Chrome thingy
hammondc 07:23 AM 01-27-2013

Not really. If I can come across some that is in demand that I can turn and resell, I will buy it. If not, I will pass. Like the last panic, once the hysteria clears, AR15s will be back on the clearance rack.
emopunker2004 07:31 AM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
I couldn't resist.... I got a second one.... now to go find something else to sell to make room for it :-)
Got any shotguns or bolt guns? Lol
hammondc 08:01 AM 01-27-2013
or Sig Sauers?
big a 08:02 AM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Paul is running way behind.
I just hit four weeks and nothing yet.
In the past, they would ship within two to three weeks.
Seems everyone is slammed.
Yea that is what his website says than he emailed me too. Do you get the standard cant? I went with that but was thinking if upping it some to his better.
Page 233 of 352
« First < 133183223231232233 234235243283333 > Last »
Up