Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 231 of 352
« First < 131181221229230231 232233241281331 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
emopunker2004 10:29 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Finally got shipping notice on my E-Landers.
:-)
If they dont seat easily full loaded, just leave them fully loaded for a while, they'll losen up. the springs they use are extra strong. I have to give might a nice smack to seat them with 30.
TNT009 10:31 PM 01-24-2013
Anyone finding AR pmags?
emopunker2004 10:34 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by TNT009:
Anyone finding AR pmags?
Only place you'll find them in stock is on the secondary market for $40+ dollars. My buddy just sold 20 of them for an average of $45 each.
spectrrr 10:35 PM 01-24-2013
For the right price, anything can be had on gunbroker :-)

but no, you won't find those retail for a very long time. The backorder line is out the door, around the corner, into the next county and over state lines..
bonjing 10:44 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Thanks Justin.... So which parts will be different for me in a left-handed build? would I need to find a specific type of lower?
Rob check out stag arms for left handed uppers.
jsnake 10:47 PM 01-24-2013
Anyone have a couple extra Pmags, Troy Mags, Lancer Mags they would trade away for cigars and nice lighters? Just looking for a couple.
spectrrr 10:51 PM 01-24-2013
just sold my extra pmags today on gunbroker :/
emopunker2004 11:04 PM 01-24-2013
Rob, A regular AR should work fine for you if ur a lefty if you add a magpul bad lever to the bolt release, ambi mag release, ambi selector, and ambi charging handle. only real ambi CH i know of is the ranier arms raptor
emopunker2004 11:04 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
just sold my extra pmags today on gunbroker :/
how much $?
spectrrr 04:08 AM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
how much $?
$218/5
Brian D. 05:13 AM 01-25-2013
So glad I've been a gun guy for lo these many years now. It's almost worth being old as I am just because my acquisition of "We'll ban em forever this time!" stuff has long ago been completed. Well, completed a satisfactory amount anyhow. Lets me concentrate on stuff that's not as hard to find, although when WalMart is almost out of .25-06 ammo (which is NOT a semiauto caliber, never was) you know it's gonna be tough to find everything else boomstick-related.
spectrrr 06:36 AM 01-25-2013
anybody looking for a cheap lower, here you go:
http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?i...r=700|863|1068

$150, from a good vendor. I doubt it will be in stock for long. Shipping delay 15-25 days (I think they're running closer to 15 days now).
emopunker2004 06:39 AM 01-25-2013
And gone
spectrrr 09:57 AM 01-25-2013
lol, that didn't take long.
Wasn't that many article views on slickguns, surprised that it went even that fast.
spectrrr 11:10 AM 01-25-2013
another lower, $200
http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar1...lower-receiver

Same company that supplies many of Spike's receivers I believe...

Manufacturer jacked the price directly... but still, $200 in this climate isn't horrible if you NEED it...
big pete 11:36 AM 01-25-2013
Would pick up another one just to have but the stupid ffl prices + tax make it not worth it for me. Paid $285 for mine after transfer fees (almost $50 cheaper) for my private party one
TNT009 12:47 PM 01-25-2013
Well they definitely stimulated the economy!
spectrrr 01:19 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by TNT009:
Well they definitely stimulated the economy!
SORTA. What nobody seems to be talking about is what happens AFTER. Economically speaking, we have to look at the rate over time, not a one month sample. All that money that has been pouring into dealers wasn't "free". We created "sales" in the last month, LOTS AND LOTS of sales... but no new WEALTH. If the net balance of wealth is the same, then all you've done is shift the timing around a bit. I can tell you I'll give you $10 a month or $120 a year, it's the same amount of sales over time. (and yes, that's ignoring interest, which most small businesses are not earning).

So where did most of the money come from?
** It was money that people had set aside for a future firearm purpose (now that the purchase has occurred, the future one will likely not happen)
** It was money that people set aside to buy a new TV, or something like that. They spent it on guns instead, but economically speaking, it's a net wash.
** It was money somebody did not have to spend, they racked up a CC bill which will have to be paid off later.
~~Which means they may sell that gear at a loss (not good for them, and cheap gear they're selling means gear someone else will buy cheap from them and thus NOT buy from a dealer, eliminating future sales).
~~ OR they tighten up the belt and don't make other household purchases in order to pay for the gun. (net wash)
In the meantime, dealers may have a giant pile of cash right now, but they know that sales in a few months are going to be almost nothing, as the CC bills come due and people realize they no longer have any money for these kinds of purchases. Furthermore, because the dealer can't get restocked well, they will miss out on sales from impulse buyers who can' find what they want, or regular buyers who choose to wait until next year to buy when what they want is available.

So in the meantime, dealers will have to run a very slim operation over the next 6 months, which will mean job losses from some. If Midway had 100 employees before this mess, they probably have 150 now... but in 3 months, that number might be down to only 75 unless they see the potential for sales to start recovering.

The one area of the economy which has a net increase, for now, is the manufacturing industry. Magpul is going to be cranking at full capacity for months, maybe the next year. So their year looks rosy. They'll probably hire the same number of folks that Midway has to fire. But what then? after two years, what are their pmag sales going to look like? everyone that wanted one, got one, or 10, or 50. The ones that got 50 are maybe looking at their stuff and saying "ehh, maybe I only needed 15 of these..." and then selling the extra 35. That cuts into magpul's sales.

Magpul will still come out ahead - there is all the first-time AR buyers that went out and got some, there's all the folks that used to have 5 mags, now they went out and purchased and extra 10, so now they have 15... on a normal day they would have been happy with 5... and they're not going to sell when they have less than 15, so that 10 mag sale did create a net gain in the industry. But overall, the gains will not be as dramatic as I think many people envision...

In a nutshell, this could only be counted as a significant stimulus if the dealers were restocked to normal next month, and sales continued at normal "July" levels. THEN everything from this last month of insanity would be a bonus. but as it stands, if you look back at the numbers a year from now, you'll find that the 12 or 18 month average holds fairly steady, with only a moderate increase in overall sales from the folks that decided they wanted to have 10-15 mags in stock instead of 5, or the first time buyers, but many of those purchases will be offset in the overall economy by a different product they DON'T purchase, a vacation not taken, a house project not built, etc.

Hopefully some of that rambling made sense.....
emopunker2004 01:20 PM 01-25-2013
Stfu with ur technical bullshit Francis! :-)
spectrrr 01:23 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Stfu with ur technical bullshit Francis! :-)
then I take it, TL;DR :-)

(can't help it, Econ. was my major :-))
Page 231 of 352
« First < 131181221229230231 232233241281331 > Last »
Up