Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 231 of 270
« First < 131181221229230231 232233241 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
OnePyroTec 08:49 PM 09-22-2014
First off, yup, those look good.

If you like more "bark" on the tri-tip you can try using the grill first, then hand the meat.

Growing up in the central valley CA we ate as much tri-tip as we did hamburger. We never really had a "bark" on it like we would brisket so I'm positive I would have loved it just the way you cooked it.

Counting the days until my PBC shipment arrives.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:49 PM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by cort:
Also Peter needs to get one.
:-)
[Reply]
cort 09:18 PM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by OnePyroTec:
First off, yup, those look good.

If you like more "bark" on the tri-tip you can try using the grill first, then hand the meat.

Growing up in the central valley CA we ate as much tri-tip as we did hamburger. We never really had a "bark" on it like we would brisket so I'm positive I would have loved it just the way you cooked it.

Counting the days until my PBC shipment arrives.
I agree Wayne, you would have loved it. I wasn't looking for a brisket like bark, I was looking more for a sear. Yes I could have grilled over a very high heat first then hang it but I was pleased with how it came out. Also on most reviews I have seen for tri tip on a PBC they have cooked only the tri tip. Maybe having all the ribs on at the same time took away from the color. Either way I am impressed at the ease that this little guy cooked the food. No messing with it at all. My UDS may not see much action anymore.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:59 AM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Smoked some wings, and tossed with a Nando's Peri-Peri based sauce.
Nando's + chicken = deliciousness
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:48 PM 09-25-2014
Did a half pork loin today, had it on for about 4.5 hours for 8 lbs. Pulled it at 160 and wrapped it in foil to keep it warm until eating. Ended up being dry but flavorful. Should I have pulled it earlier?
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:54 AM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Did a half pork loin today, had it on for about 4.5 hours for 8 lbs. Pulled it at 160 and wrapped it in foil to keep it warm until eating. Ended up being dry but flavorful. Should I have pulled it earlier?
I usually try to pull pork loin off around 135, and let it rest.
I also always drop it in a brine if I intend on smoking it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:32 AM 09-26-2014
4 lb brisket yesterday for Rosh Hashanah
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:26 AM 09-27-2014
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I usually try to pull pork loin off around 135, and let it rest.
I also always drop it in a brine if I intend on smoking it.
I figured I should have pulled it earlier, got to temp so quickly, I should have planned the day of smoking out better. :-)
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 01:57 PM 09-27-2014
Our new PBC just hit the door.
Ordered Friday night-
Shipped following Tuesday-
Amber told me on the phone it probably would SHIP on Thursday so Tuesday was a bonus.
Normally 2 day shipping from Colorado to Nevada-
F'edEx did it again so instead of making it here in 2 days, it made it in 4. Which still isn't bad BUT we didn't have rain Thursday or Friday.

Customer service & voluntary followup from the owners of PBC are second to none.
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 11:17 PM 09-27-2014
Ended up thumbing my nose to the rain, popped up a cover and lit the coals in the PBC and added some hickory chips for extra smoke. Today was some chicken, tomorrow will be ribs. One thing is for certain, my wife says she never wants any chicken any other way. I normally don't eat the breast because it dries out more than I like...not this time it didn't, it was about perfect.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:35 AM 09-28-2014
Earlier in the week I fired up the pit barel for some chickens.
I had a hanger steak in a marinade that I was going to grill.
Towards the end I decided to hang it as well. Oh the irony.
It was a game time decision, and tasty, but next time I'll dry rub it instead of doing the marinade.

[Reply]
shade 07:22 AM 09-28-2014
More great looking birds, Dom.

Question about the PBC. Is there a heat deflector above the coals? Obviously from your Q pics the meats are cooked to perfection.
[Reply]
jonumberone 07:51 AM 09-28-2014
No heat deflector, Mark.
[Reply]
cort 09:41 AM 09-28-2014
Did the chickens take 2 hours, Dom?
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 02:21 PM 09-28-2014
Your bird on the right looks like mine did, dark, not burnt, done right at perfect under the skin. I took them our right at the 2 hour mark.
How long did you let the steak hang?
[Reply]
jonumberone 02:51 PM 09-28-2014
Originally Posted by cort:
Did the chickens take 2 hours, Dom?
Yup. Exactly 2 hours.

Originally Posted by OnePyroTec:
How long did you let the steak hang?
Steak was small, so it only took about 30 min once I decided to hang it up.

Did some Surf and Turf in my Pizza oven, yesterday.

Money shot!

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:35 AM 10-02-2014
Just what I need to see right before my root canal. Looks great Dom! Nothing like a hunk of cow that a good vet can have on it's feet in 15 minutes.
[Reply]
jonumberone 01:59 PM 10-02-2014
Thanks, Adam. :-)

Overnight pork shoulder on my Kamado.

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:11 PM 10-02-2014
Some chicken leg quarters on my WSM. I do these without the drip pan so that I can keep the temp up between 320-330. I use one small chunk of apple wood; I don't like to get too much smoke flavor on chicken. Because I don't use the drip pan I rearrange and flip them halfway through; here's a pic of them after flipping:

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:02 PM 10-02-2014
Sauced and ready to come off the heat:

[Reply]
Page 231 of 270
« First < 131181221229230231 232233241 > Last »
Up