Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 231 of 350
« First < 131181221229230231 232233241281331 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Mugen910 11:51 AM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Last night I had to train at the **** hole Gold's down the street. I went over to the leg area where all of the power racks are ( well there is really only 1 true power rack, but I digress ) and all three were occupied by guys fitting your description curling, you guess it, straight bars with 10's on each side. Three guys, three racks, doing the exact same thing. I sat and watched a a guy who was wearing my guess would be a SMALL Under Armour shirt. He did maybe 4 reps with 65 pounds. Then the I don't know what the **** I'm doing came in. It looked something like a reverse grip upright row / reverse good morning / hip thrust movement. It look awful and retarded. I watched as he kept this up for maybe 12 reps. When finished he throws the bar onto the safety catches and storms off like he has something REALLY important to do somewhere on the other side of the Gym. Having being dumb struck and totally bewildered I figured he was done his set. Ten pound plates go on the floor. I don't care to put them back. I get the bar set up for standing Mil. Presses. 45's each side to start. I do a set of 5 or maybe more I wasn't really counting. 25's go on after that. Another set of 5 or so. No sign of ass master yet. Two 45's each side. Getting a little heavy now, belt goes on 5 reps done. 25's go back on ( 275 ) and my buddy, homo master deluxe, turns the corner and looks at me like he just busted in the door and I was balls deep in his Wife or something. He walked over paced around for a few minutes, looked at the other guys doing gay curls then stormed off. I guess he may have been a little upset. I bust out my set, and sit down. He comes back a second time to see what has happened. He walks over towards me and says something. I have noise canceling headphones on so I don't hear a thing. I just stare at him with a blank look. He stands there for maybe a minute, then I finally take my headphones out. He asks me, "how much longer you going to be?" My reply, "as long as it takes". Headphones go back in and I take a drink. He storms off again never to be seen from...

I hate that Gym and everyone who goes there. Only have to deal with it until Nov.

I apologized to you already Frank sheesh...cut me some slack I was in a rush.
:-)

Honestly if you walk away from a machine and have someone who looks like they are really working out on there when you come back..just walk away!

If he was smart he would have left something there but I have a feeling that wouldn't have stopped you. :-)
PeteSB75 12:01 PM 09-17-2010
Last night I had to train at the **** hole Gold's down the street. I went over to the leg area where all of the power racks are ( well there is really only 1 true power rack, but I digress ) and all three were occupied by guys fitting your description curling, you guess it, straight bars with 10's on each side. Three guys, three racks, doing the exact same thing. I sat and watched a a guy who was wearing my guess would be a SMALL Under Armour shirt. He did maybe 4 reps with 65 pounds. Then the I don't know what the **** I'm doing came in. It looked something like a reverse grip upright row / reverse good morning / hip thrust movement. It look awful and retarded. I watched as he kept this up for maybe 12 reps. When finished he throws the bar onto the safety catches and storms off like he has something REALLY important to do somewhere on the other side of the Gym. Having being dumb struck and totally bewildered I figured he was done his set. Ten pound plates go on the floor. I don't care to put them back. I get the bar set up for standing Mil. Presses. 45's each side to start. I do a set of 5 or maybe more I wasn't really counting. 25's go on after that. Another set of 5 or so. No sign of ass master yet. Two 45's each side. Getting a little heavy now, belt goes on 5 reps done. 25's go back on ( 275 ) and my buddy, homo master deluxe, turns the corner and looks at me like he just busted in the door and I was balls deep in his Wife or something. He walked over paced around for a few minutes, looked at the other guys doing gay curls then stormed off. I guess he may have been a little upset. I bust out my set, and sit down. He comes back a second time to see what has happened. He walks over towards me and says something. I have noise canceling headphones on so I don't hear a thing. I just stare at him with a blank look. He stands there for maybe a minute, then I finally take my headphones out. He asks me, "how much longer you going to be?" My reply, "as long as it takes". Headphones go back in and I take a drink. He storms off again never to be seen from...

I hate that Gym and everyone who goes there. Only have to deal with it until Nov.
This is why I go to the gym at 5 AM. You should try it :-)
GreekGodX 12:36 PM 09-17-2010
Frank great use of ass master and homo master deluxe :-) :-) :-) Next time just punt Bao across the room. That will teach him!

Can't wait for you to be done with that place!
Tripp 01:28 PM 09-17-2010
Thats exactly why I stopped going to a gym, and work out at home now. I always felt like I was under pressure from the huge guys who are waiting lift a thousand pounds, like I shouldn't be going to a gym, since I wasn't already in shape.
icehog3 01:30 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Ugh! I cringe when I see the 150 pound guy doing curls with 10s on each side:-) If you curl so much that you have to use it fine but don't be doing reps of 20 with 100 pounds in there.
Too funny...I read this before I left for the gym, and then saw a 200 lb. guy curling 65lbs in the power rack. :-)

Good back day, though I still can't to pull ups....but I went heavy on barbell rows and T-bar rows, and then tore it up on heavy cable work.
BigFrank 02:33 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Tripp:
Thats exactly why I stopped going to a gym, and work out at home now. I always felt like I was under pressure from the huge guys who are waiting lift a thousand pounds, like I shouldn't be going to a gym, since I wasn't already in shape.
Trust me when I say I do not make anyone feel under any pressure. If it was someone in the power rack, doing something that belongs in the power rack whether it be 100 or 500 pounds I would just let them finish. There is a difference between Gym Etiquette and just being an all around douche face.

Frank great use of ass master and homo master deluxe :-) :-) :-) Next time just punt Bao across the room. That will teach him!

Can't wait for you to be done with that place!
I let Bao stand around and hold my water bottle.
Mugen910 02:36 PM 09-17-2010

I let Bao stand around and hold my water bottle.
:-)
BigFrank 02:37 PM 09-17-2010
Bao sneaks sips when I'm not looking hoping to get some rub off testosterone...lol
Mugen910 02:42 PM 09-17-2010
Bao sneaks sips when I'm not looking hoping to get some rub off testosterone...lol
BACKWASH! :-)
Mugen910 11:18 PM 09-17-2010
9 dead hang pull ups tonite. :-)
GreekGodX 05:23 AM 09-18-2010
I hate to see what he does with your towel after you're done using it :-)
BigFrank 08:16 PM 09-18-2010
The unspeakable no doubt...:-)
icehog3 08:26 PM 09-18-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2MESuQyIM
Steelergar 08:57 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by MortonMilo:
If not sit-ups, any suggestions for some good core exercises?
I do three basic exercises when I start my workout. A neck bridge, a hindu push up, and hindu squats. They all work your core, martial artists does these as well. The beautiful thing is because there aren't any weights involved, you dont wear your joints out. It builds explosive force, strength, and conditioning. The squats actually strengthen your knee joints as long as you do them right. The key is to move in a smooth motion, breathe correctly, and dont worry about how many you do just focus on doing them correctly. Also make sure you warm up your neck by rotating your head (I do 7 rotations eack direction) then apply pressure with your hand on your head, front, back, and each side. These workout are thousand of years old a famous Indian wrestler from the 50's used them and was built like the villian with the hat as a blade in the James Bond movie Goldfinger.
BigFrank 08:58 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2MESuQyIM
I'm confused.
itzfrank 09:08 PM 09-18-2010
Trust me when I say I do not make anyone feel under any pressure. If it was someone in the power rack, doing something that belongs in the power rack whether it be 100 or 500 pounds I would just let them finish. There is a difference between Gym Etiquette and just being an all around douche face.
There's E-Z-Curl barls for that kind of weight and reguardless... Do you really know anyone who needs to be spotted by a power rack during curls? The idea of the rack is to keep the weight from crushing you when you fail an attempt.

Last I checked, failing during a curl rep isn't very life threatening. :-)
icehog3 09:15 PM 09-18-2010
I'm confused.
That's what they do with your towel...sorry, juvenile attempt at a laugh. :-)
Mugen910 09:22 PM 09-18-2010
I'm with ya Tom but I do that to his towel before he uses it...:-)
BigFrank 07:08 AM 09-19-2010
No I'm not confused about the concept, that girl and the talking just gave me a confusing headache...
BigFrank 07:10 AM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
There's E-Z-Curl barls for that kind of weight and reguardless... Do you really know anyone who needs to be spotted by a power rack during curls? The idea of the rack is to keep the weight from crushing you when you fail an attempt.

Last I checked, failing during a curl rep isn't very life threatening. :-)
Using the straight vs. E-Z bar for me is a matter of preference. But ya people are clowns.
Page 231 of 350
« First < 131181221229230231 232233241281331 > Last »
Up